Medication is /technology/

Medication is /technology/
Post your prescription.

>Develop anxiety and start to have panic attacks on daily basis
>Get prescribed 20mg of Escitalopram(Lexapro)
>MFW I get derealization as a side effect and makes my life like a living Salvador Dali painting

The last significant pharmaceutical breakthrough was penicillin. Get yourself some decent nutrition.

>willingly becoming a zombie slave to pharmaceuticals because you want to look edgy
>muh anxiety meme
>muh adhd
>muh depression
>meme 'doctor' feeds you twenty different addictive 'medicines' with physical side effects worse than any mental condition

This is the best meem.
Pharma is a business. They don't give a fuck what they feed you as long as it gets past those super strict regulations. I can't believe there are people stupid enough to fall for this

>dismissing reality
looks like you got cucked by big pharma

Haldol and Kavinace. Life is looney tunes in dubstep right now.

Glad there are intelligent people here. I was tired of reading shit by the typical American/Brit/NATO/EU.

Good. This thread is up. Recently I had a feeling like another conscious within my body is trying to take over my body. I feel like it is self-aware like a malicious virus and have a hard time being alone with these thoughts. It feels like at any moment I might have war with my own body. Don't know this feeling, but I smell blood at the same time. What's up?

I have to write in memes because writing normally won't get much recognition here.

In all seriousness, the current state of 'medicine' is deeply disturbing. Don't even know where to start describing a problem this big.

My favorite example is Statins (cholesterol reducers), because they don't even pretend to be useful (they're marketed as protection against heart attacks).

After all of their side effects (mostly brain degeneration) they do nothing for heart attacks.
Probably because heart attacks have nothing to do with cholesterol, and the brain is mostly made of cholesterol.
Also of note, the primary hormone for brain development ("Vitamin" D) is made from cholesterol.

But hey, who's checking?

I have 10mg Escitalopram for depression and anxiety. It's pretty gud but I'd like to try 20mg

>But hey, who's checking?
All those wonderful well meaning medical professionals. Surely, they would research the literal cancer they are handing out before handing it out like candy? I have such great faith in the medical system. They know what is best for me. Nothing could possibly clout their judgment, especially money.

40mg lexapro
78mg invega injected into my butt once a month
450mg wellbutrin

no longer depressed, but simply do not care to make any improvement in my life
hoping i can get a ritalin/adderal/modafinil/etc prescription because bad adhd, possibly dropping the invega and wellbutrin

I think I blink too often. I think I breathe irregularly especially when I think about it. Sometimes I'm sad. The people on TV are always happy so something must be wrong. Sometimes I'm sleepy despite sleeping normal hours. Sometimes I can't sleep even though I'm tired. There must be something wrong since the average human sleeps 8 hours and feels equivalently rested unless they are a huge FUCKUP. I spend all day in my basement watching gook toons. It must obviously be a severe mental condition and not have anything to do with any social factors in my life. I'm so fucking DEPRESSED XD. Sometimes I have to choose between Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese cuisine and I CAN NOT choose and I have ANXIETY SEVERE VERY. I don't think my fingernails are growing enough. My hair is growing too much. I clearly have circadian rhythm disorder since I went to bed late once and woke up later than usual. I have PTSD from my upper middle class where nothing significant happened. I'm bipolar, autistic, schizophrenic, schizoid, psychotic, and all disorders on the "spectrum". I'm allergic to myself (I think) and have a rare case of asthma that affects roughly one in nine billion people

pls
what can i do to get heltea?

>Nothing could possibly clout their judgment, especially money

M'urica

I'm only on 5mg Escitalopram(Lexapro) and it feels like nothing.
I'm scared to go higher and feel fake when I was on 10mg.

I just feel like anti depressants are a facade or so. Surely I can't be the only person who feels like this?

50mg of memes daily
I'm scared to go higher and feel fake when I was on 75mg.

I just feel like memes are a facade or so. Surely I can't be the only person who feels like this?

Have heard the same thing from other people. I used to be on 50mg Lexapro and my voice could be really flat at times, took me a while to realize. Went down a bit and I can definitely feel a greater range of emotions.

Escitalopram gives everything a slight haze. I have a noticeable tingle to my nostrils that I have never noticed before. I am more self aware of my breathing and it feels like I have a lump in my chest / throat. It makes me have anxiety when I haven't suffered from anxiety for a period of time. It's like living in a enternal paradox

>Surely I can't be the only person who feels like this?
There are two types of anti-depressants.
I don't remember which type Lexapro is.

The first is expensive placebos, but with side-effects.
The second type actually works, but by stopping motion in general.

The second type also always causes permanent brain damage.
Though it's usually fairly mild.

>willfully ignorant of breakthroughs
>not acknowledging the positive outcomes brought about by the creation and widespread adoption of synthetic stimulants
>looking at individual human lifespan as the be all end all measurement of success in modern medicine
>dismissing the use of chemicals as a means of accelerating the rate of advancement of the human race as corporate greed
>not realizing that synthetic drugs are usually safer longterm and also more effective than their natural counterparts
I guess not everyone can afford pharmacy school.
Keep coding, monkey. Maybe in your sixties you will stumble upon a breakthrough. Unlikely though considering your best years will be behind you

Look beyond the US and UK borders for reality.

I'm not even going to bother. It seems you have trouble comprehending/reading as well since you're implying I'm dismissing modern medicine all together.
If you can't tell what's going on in modern medicine you're either:

mentally retarded

delusional (likely a user that fell for the marketing)

someone that is making profit from inventing diseases and making pseudo cures

>Look beyond the US and UK borders
they're multinationals. Soon I will have to look on another planet

>gets btfo
>"i-i'm n-not even going to bother"
>doesn't address any of the points
>"ur an idiot btw"
>rehashes tired "muh big pharma" without adding anything new
there are legitimate reasons to be against pharmaceuticals, but you haven't given any, you've just parroted what you've read on /x/.
go fuck yourself

I don't browse /x/
I've given you a reason but comprehension is clearly not one of your strong points (a side effect perhaps)

I shouldn't have bothered

its not a panic attack its just being on the safe side

> tired "muh big pharma" without adding anything new
Yes, clearly when something is repeated too many times it ceases being true. It just becomes a meme, am I rite?
Well, you got me. I can't argue against sound logic like that

>this troll logic
>hasn't restated the reason for clarity in hopes of producing meaningful discussion
>thinks i'm the one on meds
go fuck yourself

it can't "stop being true" if it wasn't true to begin with

I need to stop posting here unironically

You need to stop posting here, period. It's all about lurking.

If this board was moderated at this time this thread wouldn't go past ten replies. I do suggest lurking a bit more as well

This thread is tier cancer anyway

i've never seen an advertisement for any stimulant drug.
I couldn't have pulled the grades i did if i were mentally retarded
i am working a pretty menial job at the moment and im definitely not profiting from the sale of any drugs currently
and as far as your other points go, try telling someone with clinical depression that their diagnosis is a meme. a member of your family likely suffers from one of the ailments you mentioned so if i were you i'd reconsider your position.
yeah, you're right though, there are too many meme doctors floating around with their meme eight year degrees and meme six figure salaries. you know better since you read an article on the internet about how corporate america is just trying to fuck everyone out of their money instead of upholding their hippocratic oath.
pass the tinfoil

So I've googled details from medical websites for your pill:

The NNT is 12 it means that in order for one person to have the desired effects from the pills 12 people have to take it.

I've checked % of side effects and applied it
result is 10
So every 10 people of the 12 that take it will experience side effects.

So your chance to get cured is 1 in 12
chance to get side effects which are horrible by the way are 10 in 12

Why are you taking it again? Because of anxiety? Go to church it's free and it helps you. There are also natural alternatives, and a vacation might do wonders, also simply being around trees and nature is associated with brain chemistry restoration - your anxiety will go away.

My depersonalization got away by waking in nature and not by pills.

I felt direct re-realization strikes when slept well and walked in nature, also when socialized in a friendly way and had fun.

I felt denationalization in every situation in normal life.

i can smell you from here you dirty hippie

I am not a new age cultist - I am sorry, but somewhat amused why would you assume that.

Look at this fucker who has never experienced a panic attack or something else noteworthy. You'll thank the medical breakthroughs the day you'll need something, ignorant asshole

also your first statement is poorly worded. a better way of saying that would be:
for every twelve people taking the drug, one achieves the desired effect
the way you said it makes it seem like at least eleven other people have to take it in order for one person to be 'cured'.
also you do not get cured of anxiety dumbass, you get treated. that shit doesnt go away

This

I've got a doctor recommendation for medical cannabis

>a member of your family likely suffers from one of the ailments you mentioned so if i were you i'd reconsider your position.
Yeah. If we believed all the lies they would have a diagnosis sheet that could fill a file cabinet, perhaps a bookshelf. The more fake diseases the more chances you'll fall for being a fake victim. Especially if you're mentally weak and have been taught that nothing in life is ever your fault and you are a victim of anything that has ever occurred.

> there are too many meme doctors floating around with their meme eight year degrees and meme six figure salaries.
Yes, the fact that they're doctors with six figure salaries makes them so fucking qualified. Whatever they say is practically the word of a god and should not be questioned. There is absolutely no way for-profit pharmaceuticals in a capitalist country could profit from weak minded people and have an arm in the very independent medical industry. That's absurd! Fucking retard tinfoiler, am I rite?

>it's tinfoil because it's not on the cocksucker news channel I watch to make myself feel educated
>lobbyists for powerful interests don't exist and they have never had a negative influence in my country to the point of even censoring any opposing views
Like I said you're one of the three:

Most likely:
Someone that has fallen victim to taking pharma that promised you generalities like happiness only to leave you a way more fucked up than before (I understand it's difficult to admit it for people that fell for it)

Mentally retarded because you can not connect simple patterns to see an overall trend

Someone that is profiting from inventing diseases to send people into the slippery slope of pill swallowing

From what I understand, there are two types of depression. If you have depression tendencies related to chemical imbalances in the brain, then I don't see the issue with using medication to treat it.
Tho problem I have is when someone gets into a depression cycle (which can get so bad that they kill themselves, I'm not denying it's not as serious), but the treatment should try to use the least amount of medication as possible.

yeah because people making six figure salaries are so willing to jeopardize their cushy lifestyle for an extra few hundred a year. dumbass.
mistakes are made every day in the industry but to say that a trained professional would put his or her medical license on the line for a few extra shekels when they already drive a bmw and live in a giant house is asinine
talk about weak minded
what a pretentious faggot
everyone point and laugh at this douche

that is why i said clinical depression
meaning depression that persists regardless of life circumstances.
needs improvement, you're almost there

>derealization
Pfft people take drugs for this?

They don't have to jeopardize anything when the whole industry caters to it. I've seen it heaps myself.

When I had depression, I tried out heaps of different doctors. The good ones teach you skills and mental conditioning exercises to help you not be a fucking soft cunt. They actually seem to care and listen to your how shit of a life you think you have so that you don't feel so shit yourself.

The asshole ones just listen to you for the first hour or meeting or whatever - mostly disinterested and then proceed to prescribe you with some drug you've never heard of, to "see how you feel". You can't medicate yourself to happiness. You need to address the root cause of what's making you depressed.

>yeah because people making six figure salaries are so willing to jeopardize their cushy lifestyle for an extra few hundred a year
I've already explained this trend is going on a massive scale and is not subjected to a few abnormal cases of doctors acting immorally.
I can't go on reading your post. You are stupid. It's not even an attempt at an insult. Honestly.

(You can mark this on your internet arguments won list. I won't reply anymore)

>be me
>go to San Fran
>buy methamphetamine when I meant to buy the raving drug extacy
>experience anxiety for the first time in my life
>go back to my hostel try to calm down
>starving and forced myself to eat pizza even though it tasted fucking gross due to my condition
>could not sleep
>had 911on the pulse on my phone when my heart kept getting harder and harder pains
>call 911 ended up at hospital told them the truth
>get morphene injected into me it was the craziest feeling can't even describe it like my blood was flushed

But now you are telling me that anxiety will never go away? I'm afraid I fucked up my heart for life, also had another anxiety episode at a job interview when the boss was being an ass to me.

Thanks for reading

20mg prozac
2mg rexulti
Adderall and Xanax as needed

Doing very little for me but it's the best I've been in 9 years I guess.
How to collect disability?

:^)

>i had regular depression and a doctor or two thought it was clinical and prescribed me drugs for which i had a copay and since i didn't realize i could address my issues with lifestyle changes all along i now hold a grudge against the entire medical industry

(not that person)
youre giving typical drug addict rationalizations for being a drug addict
>I feel so much better, who cares if I die young from this, look how well Im doing medicating all my problems away

>Medication is /technology/

except it isn't

except antidepressants are not addictive
nice try tho

So you ate meth? I don't understand how you could confuse meth with ecstasy.

youre permanently on drugs, you are an addict, you are trying to escape problems by doing drugs like all addicts do

coping mechanisms, brobro
learn what works for you. for me it is deep breathing. for acute anxiety attacks, medication may be required. people tend to fear the unknown, though, and if you don't know how a drug works, it could possibly exacerbate the condition, especially after it wears off in the case of kolonopin, xanax, etc

nothing

I don't have anything against the industry. I recognize that it's required just as much as anyone else. I just think that there is an over reliance on medication to fix issues that can be fixed without them.

Just look at the statistics, Depression is increasing in all areas of our society, particularly in teenage populations. What is the cause of this increase? They can't all have clinical depression. Different techniques need to be used to combat the overall issues and I don't believe that the majority of doctors do this.
They need to be the ones to push for it anyway, so it's not going to change unless they do regardless.

meth is commonly mixed with or even sold as ecstacy. not surprising at all.
yeah so the people who take warfarin so they don't have a stroke are addicted to it?
those who require insulin injections to regulate blood sugar are junkies?
you better stay in school, kiddo

0/10, on all fronts.

>Just look at the statistics, Depression is increasing in all areas of our society, particularly in teenage populations. What is the cause of this increase?
you know whats absolutely amazing is that all forms of family issues and disfunctional families have completely been resovled ever since we have put total reliance on medication to cure ALL mental conditions! Imagine that! The pharmaceutical industry has completely cured all family relationship problems and now the only thing left to treat is our mental imbalances!

>yeah so the people who take warfarin so they don't have a stroke are addicted to it?
>those who require insulin injections to regulate blood sugar are junkies?
>you better stay in school, kiddo
oh, right, I forgot, you have a medical condition that needs treating with medication, your depression has absolutely nothing to do with family problems or social issues because we live in a perfect society now where no one has family issues anymore

the reason some drugs are overprescribed is that fuckwits go doctor shopping and pros get tired of turning down revenue only to see it snatched up by competitors. also most assume that if you're seeing them about the issue that you've already tried lifestyle modifications or are unwilling to do so.
people are lazy and want a pill for everything then get mad when you give it to them. docs literally cant win. seriously Sup Forums stop pawning off all your life's problems onto people who already have plenty of their own to deal with

xanax is goat
but also woat

elegant response/10. you should be president
see our ad in

What's the matter with you man? Why would you be taking meth or MDMA or any of that shit? Come on family.

i never said i took any of that shit and even if i did it's beside the point and also none of your business. just so you know, i haven't done either of those, nor do i intend to at any point in the future. but nice segway

good for you sysadmin
careful with those fucking energy drinks
I don't think they can be trusted too much

>take heroic dose of LSD
>become worried that when the sun sets, time will end.
>or wait, time is cyclical
>so the sun should rise again
>but what if it doesn't?
>I'll wait and observe, see what the sun does
>but if it never rises again, it will be too late

LSD is an amazing medication. It really changed my perspective on life. Not just making me think "lol sun's never gonna rise again we're all fucked", but rather making me challenge my assumptions, asking myself why I believe what I do, checking that all the information my senses are receiving form a congruent picture of reality, and how to deal with internal inconsistencies.

I wholly believe my experiences with LSD made me a better scientist.

I've given those up too - only thing I do now is vape, and i've got that down to 3mg juice too.

What's a good medicine to slow-down metabolism? I eat like an animal (burger, meat, cheese, fat, plenty of oils, lard, all those fat-inducing things) but i'm still skinny as shit. It's hard having a metabolism of a hummingbird.

>not on lsd
>understand the sun doesn't rise
i wholly believe the absence of lsd in my system made me a better scientist

>I wholly believe my experiences with LSD made me a better scientist.
but what does it have to do with science?
Isn't it mostly sentimental and internal concepts that you were made more content with? I can see how that would strengthen your ability to perform scientific activity indirectly.

anything that effects the cns isn't ideal for long term use
seriously enjoy a fast metabolism because aging will naturally slow it down

That's good. Stay healthy m8. We don't have a successor to the king of Sup Forums.

I swapped energy drinks for coffee and cut down on sugar. Perhaps I'm only deluding myself when I say it's better. Can't get away from the processed/fast food shit. Such is the life of a low tier corporat

Yes, thank you for correcting me - I speak English very rarely and I haven't slept in 24 hours, I feel a general fog over brain and I don't think clearly.
Thank you for calling me dumbass - it was a good argument.

lsd and psychedelics in general make it easier for your brain to make connections you wouldn't normally make. do not mistake this statement for lsd shilling. i'd actually prefer people don't 'turn on' as long as it remains illegal.

>english isn't muh first language meme
>g-guys, it's not my fault i speak like a fourth grader
also
>using no sleep as an excuse for an inability to properly convey meaning
>not realizing it also communicates to others that you have neglected the health of your most important organ

you're a faggot.

Clearly we call it "sun rise" in the morning because everyone in society still believes in the geocentric model of the solar system.

You're right, it is indirect. Taking high doses of psychedelic drugs probably isn't going to directly help you do research. LSD taught me to challenge my view of the world.

What makes *my* view of the world correct?
Nothing.
How can I fix this?
By gathering as much evidence as I can, and accepting the conclusions that evidence leads to.

I'm sure many people come to this "enlightenment" about the scientific method without external influence. For me however, a few times experimenting with LSD lead to quite a change in the way I approach scientific investigation.

>What's a good medicine to slow-down metabolism?
you don't need medicine
age will fix that

You can still be skinny and have fucked up health so be careful not to overdo the junk food

Trust me, I'm a doctor

I can see that being possible. You've reminded me to do some research about this particular topic. Thank you.
>You're right...
Interesting. I understand your view as it is not unique to others that have been in this situation. Interested in reading in depth about experiences now. There must be a ton of interesting sources about effects from psychological to strictly scientific

- Childhood anxiety disorder
- F94.8

My doctor's don't find me anxious anymore. Treating myself with two lovely tulpas.

Remember to eat LCHF (low card high fat) food, especially if you're overweight. In fact, I was underweight when I started LCHF and I still probably lost weight.

If you want to stay a normie but still feel edgy about your inexistent schizophrenia, go to /r9k/

If you want to take the redpill, read Marx.