Is Windows 10 the incompatible botnet I fear it is?

Is Windows 10 the incompatible botnet I fear it is?
I want to upgrade while it's still free but I've heard a TON of mixed messages about background shit that tracks your torrents and other garbage.
Is it worrh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VuqZ8AqmLPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why worry when you could just install Gentoo?

There's a reason MS is still republishing KB3035583 every 2 months and still trying to give W10 away a year after release.

It's shit.

It's good. I don't care if they watch what I torrent, it's a nicely done OS. And by the way, it's not even sure they do

This

Don't fucking do it OP

If you really torrent your ass will get blocked and you will never torrent again
Also say good bye to private trackers as well
>It's good. I don't care if they watch what I torrent
If you can still torrent in W10 then you are in 2 botnets

All post making good comments about W10 below me are jews that want them shekels

>it's a nicely done OS

If you enjoy your eyes bleeding, yeah.
That thin text on a sold white background is fucking painful to look at. Not to mention the lack of division between sections/objects and the fields of Aero.

Even without the botnet shit, I'd avoid W10 because of the look.
But mostly it's the botnet shit and ads.

Its not because it's shit, its because they make more money from collecting data from more people.

If people stay on windows 7 they can't collect as much data so they get less money

Ask yourself this.
Has anything ever happened to anyone in the history of the world because Windows spied on him?

PRISM

And the bad things that happened to innocent men were what exactly?

But is that gentoo free? Where can I buy it?

If it isnt shit then why isnt everyone taking the -free- upgrade?

They got spied on.

and the bad things that happened for them because of that spying were?

I think you're talking about the diagtrack service which is also automatically installed on 7/8.1. You can purge it permanently from your hard drive and disable the windows update - effectively this makes your Windows 10 completely harmless.

Just pirate the fucking thing, run spybot anti-beacon and use VPN.

I'm not sure why Sup Forums hasn't figured this out yet. I'm shit with computers and even I have. Win10 if fucking awesome. And I normally hate Windows.

It's an inconvenience and most normies will do (or not do) almost anything to avoid being inconvenienced. win 7 and 8 access Facebook and Netflix just fine. Why would people go through the hassle of downloading and formatting to do something that they don't really understand, care about, or need to do.

PRISM has nothing to do with Windows.
Microsoft online storage services like onedrive is a different story.

Weaken our right to privacy.

>Pirate it
God you Lincucks are so stupid.

windows peaked at xp

ads?

I use win 10. I use fully functional versions of Photoshop, illustrator, and FL studio. I was an early adopter too cause why not (although it did have a few issues at first, any update past 1511 works great)

Here's a few things

>ads
Never. Idk where that's from
>software
Has never self-deleted but some apps would "break." Not an issue since last year November
>installation
Read what's being asked on the screen. Install without wifi, don't create a microsoft account until after you've installed (if you want to)

Pretty much basic stuff I guess but ask me something.

No, it peaked at Vista, but not many were ready, and when it was apparent they were starting to crash to the ground some grabbed hold of 7; now I refuse to let go.

This is true
I see old people with iPads running ancient iOS versions all the time

>That thin text on a sold white background is fucking painful to look at.
Wow is it July 2015 again
They've had colored title bars since November

youtube.com/watch?v=VuqZ8AqmLPY

You know the funniest part of about this ad campaign is how it didn't make a single dent in Windows usage

I've been using 10 since and I haven't seen any of these solid white backgrounds with thin text

Yes Windows 10 is legit cancer.

Title bars are the only thing that comes to mind
There are other places in the OS where white backgrounds like in Explorer but that's been like that since Windows 95

>I haven't seen
Nice shillpost, whether or not you've seen it is irrelevant shill.

This. I only use it on my newest laptop because I don't use that laptop very often.

Sure...go ahead and get it. Unless you're a pedo.

A few things are true
Most of it is bullshit
If you're the sort of person who things the gubmint is coming after them you probably already switched to something like Qubes OS a long time ago

Telemetry updates have been rolled out to W7 and 8.1

Why, Sandeep, must you use this stale tired shit every time?

Normies are more worried about MS and Google selling their private information to private companies, than they are of THE GOVERNMENT. More and more normies are using adblock, which shows a basic awareness of privacy.

You're just fucking ass blasted that you will have to go back to India once Trump wins, and your shitty meme OS is banned by Executive Order.

And Windows POS 2009!

Of course, if you have updates turned on! If not, neither 7 nor 8.1 have much telemetry. In 8.1 telemetry only gets activated if you use any of the built-in tile apps which feature news/weather/recipes, which logically need to connect to some servers to be able to feed those pieces of news. But that's pretty much it.

>use updates, fewer viruses and such, has botnet 100%
>no updates, much greater chance of problems, botnet level only at 40%

- Don't expect it to work properly.
- Don't expect a good user experience
- Don't expect any privacy

>rupees5 have been deposited in your account. Thankyou for your service

>Never. Idk where that's from
From the actual ads?

The system has banner ads in the ripoff of dashboard widgets.

EVERY OS tracks you
EVERTHING on the Internet tracks you
YOUR ISP AND GOVT Track you
Corporations and Ad agencies

>EVERY OS tracks you
Not true. Does OpenBSD track you? Linux? TempleOS? Windows 3.1? NextStep? OS X? No they don't, except OS X has Cloud shit (which can be disabled) and Linux has tracking in Ubuntu.
>EVERTHING on the Internet tracks you
How do you know this? Every TCP and UDP packet are saved forever?
>YOUR ISP AND GOVT Track you
Welcome to current year
>Corporations and Ad agencies
Yes, with the help of Microsoft, who are scraping and selling practically everything they can about you, and your habits.

You act as if this is all inevitable. It's not. People are fed up and Windows 10 is horseshit anyway, they aren't going to just be spoon fed another slightly shittier, slightly more buggy, slightly more intrusive OS forever and the resistance to Windows 10 is very real.

Your shilling has to stop Raj.

when i heard all this shit about Windows beeing bad for beeing a Botnet

>mfw you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide

>YOUR ISP AND GOVT Track you
How is it like to use a cuck ISP and living in a cuck govt.?

No not in the slightest. The only people that cry about muh freedomz want to shill GNU so hopefully they will get drivers.

>it's been proven with evidence that Windows tracks everything you do including logging your keystrokes, transmitting screenshots of your desktop over the internet and recording from your mic
>it's also been proven that Windows 10 is slower than Windows 8/8.1
>still have to argue with people to get them to not install it
And I used to wonder years ago how the general populace would ever put up with being monitored and controlled.

might as well let the authorities search your home every day since you have nothing to hide :^)

>don't expect drivers
>don't expect vidya
>don't expect stability
>expect to have sallmans I cock rammed down your throat

Not using Enterprise LTSB> top kek

>>source ; my arse

>>it's been proven with evidence that Windows tracks everything you do including logging your keystrokes, transmitting screenshots of your desktop over the internet and recording from your mic

>This one czech site has proven that win10 does something, no other and foremost no credible source was able to confirm this but I still think it's totally legit

>He thinks I use loonix
If you use Windows and don't agree with me you're deluded

Not him but you seem to be deluded yourself.

When configured correctly, windows 10 works like a charm and the user experience is better than any other OS.

Spying is a problem but can be held to a minimum...

Aside from the botnet, it actually operates quite nicely. if you take time to de-botnet it and block connections to microsoft, it should be fine

Lmao I've been torrenting since day 1 release of Windows 10 and nothing happened bud

>windows 10 works like a charm
Not my copy, I've been using it since pre-release

>and the user experience is better than any other OS
Not OS X

>yfw they're just collecting evidence against you as one of the biggest torrenting crimelords

How is it better than 7? You have this inconsistency with dual control panels, even on LTSB. You can't call that better.

Yes it is, but only if your time is valued at $0/hour

I think its good.

Shame about the botnet, but desu google already knows we're autistic pedo cucks anyways.

The fear is autism, tinfoil hat shit.

If you use Google Chrome, Facebook, and other services then you have nothing to fear.

But again , this is Sup Forums , so I don't know what did you expect

nah m8

that would physically interrupt me
but id be ok with it if they can do it as unnoticed as Microsoft