Alright Sup Forums, I'm a long time Mint XFCE user looking to distro hop, redpill me on Manjaro

Alright Sup Forums, I'm a long time Mint XFCE user looking to distro hop, redpill me on Manjaro.

Its quite a good distro for beginners. I wouldnt bother jumping ship from mint though unless you want to dabble in rolling release models or fuck around with aur

It's shit, just like mint. You will love it

It's just arch with a built in installer and bloat that you don't really need but w/e go ahead and use it.

Been using manjaro for months now, just werks

Christ, I can understand choosing a piece of shit distro on your first go, but twice in a row? Seriously?

What would you recommend? Ubuntu? Fedora?

You smell odd. Is that arch i smell?

You forgot the security delays

Use the unstable repo, autist

why are you spergs so eager to shit on a distro?
let the boy use it if he wants to

It doesn't matter what you name, someone is going to tell you it's the worst ever. Just try them, and make up your own mind. If you want advice, find a better community than this one to ask.

I distro jumped for years before settling on manjaro, which I have been using for about 3 years now on my primary.

Its a nice distro. I love arch a lot, but the maintenance was too time consuming. Manjaro has proved very stable. It does recessive important security updates at an accelerated rate compared to other packages, people do not know what they are talking about.

If you're interested in learning an Arch-based distro, go for manjaro. They have a semi-decent community and the distro doesn't break down due to "muh bleeding-edge" bullshit. I will warn you ahead of time though, that if you look for help with anything manjaro based, don't google "(x) manjaro". Instead, google "(x) arch".

The transition from a Debian-based system will be a little rocky, but if you have any common sense and can use simple logic, you'll be OK.

It doesn't really teach you about Arch, or encourage you to dig beneath the surface. It's pretty much a typical, beginner/hand-holding distro. I'm not bashing it here either. I started using it thinking along those same lines. The thing is, for what it is, I like Manjaro. When I eventually did move on to Arch, and used it for a while, I really hated it.

Don't use Manjaro, unless you want to set back your system clock from time to time. Better use Antergos.

I see no difference using Antergos, other than the multiple choices of pre-configured DE's at installation.

>It doesn't really teach you about Arch, or encourage you to dig beneath the surface.

You are correct there. However if your deciding to switch to a distro like Arch, you should be able to have basic linux knowledge (i.e. nano, .conf files, etc.)

>Red pill me on

Back to Sup Forums you go

Are there seriously people who use linux without this knowledge?

Give Antergos a shot bro

Yes. This board is absolutely riddled with them.

Yes, and there's nothing wrong with it

>based on Arch
It's shit.

Jesus fucking christ Sup Forums

How is not knowing how to use the basic functionality of your OS fine?

Care to give some reasons?

antergos with gnome all ze way

Dont ever use a product that stays in infinite Beta

>people who use mozilla firefox
>people who don't use chrome in linux

why ignore the best software for the entire platform?

what

>Redpill

Back to where you came from you casual cunt.