Please Help , I will not rest until it's over! No monitor display or beeps

youtu.be/tPK0kB8JWoA

I made a short video if that helps^^^

The parts - uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Mobo manual - msi.com/Motherboard/support/H81M-E33.html#down-bios

Tried pretty much everything on this list - tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Please walk me through this folks I'm prepared to take it all out and start again if necessary but I've been at this 2 days now and I just want this bastard monitor to display. Monitor works its definitely not the monitor.

Other urls found in this thread:

computerhope.com/beep.htm
uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8rq2Q7
amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J8E8Z6A/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_yzQoxb27TY7NE
tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2619109/intel-pentium-g3258-support-1333mhz-memory.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shameless bump , I'm ready to end it all

Tried swapping out the ram no difference tried using vga as opposed to hdmi no difference, removed cpu and checked for dust, bent pins, loose paste etc its all fine, removed gpu and tried starting it plugged straight to board , tried resetting cmos and removed battery for half hour still no difference . Just turns on like in the video and will stay that way, does not turn itself off just keeps going ....with no display. A friend for life will be found for the man who solves this

Please....anyone

Hey man... what model processor are you using? That could be the issue right there.

Also, those jumpers that you hook the power and indicator LEDs up to... if any of those connections are on backwards, that can cause video not to be displayed sometimes.

Your youtube vid shows no graphics card in the slot. If your processor does not have intel graphics built in, you would not be able to use those ports. You would have to have a graphics card in that slot, with your monitors plugged into that. I can't see your parts list, I think you mislinked it.

The processor is a G3258 , I have another computer with an i5 however it is across the country so I built this cheap build to do next few month until I return home but I'm stuck and its killing me

Could you go in to a little more detail with the jumpers ?

Also, make sure you have the 4 or 8 pin connector for CPU power plugged in

ok well good, that pentium model does have intel graphics, so you're ok there

What I was saying about the led jumpers... maybe if you're not sure if they are plugged in correctly you can look at the bios manual and look which are positive and which are negative. EG... your reset jumper cord maybe has a red wire and a black wire. make sure the black one is on the jumper the motherboard says is the negative lead. You can also troubleshoot and just take all of them off besides the one for the power button... then there's less guess work, cause the power button seems to work fine as it is now. So just take all the other wires from the case off the mobo jumpers, and see if it boots. Also, try to unplug it from power, and take out the CMOS battery for like 20 secs... then put the batt back in and try it.

Another thing that some people make the mistake of doing on their first build... depending on your case, you may need risers under the motherboard so the little metal pins on the back and not making contact with the backplate you mounted it onto. the back of the mobo should not be making any contact with the case or any metal objects.

Can you please take a high rez still shot from directly over the case with all of the motherboard visible please? It's hard to see in that video, too much motion blur.

Yeah it is on risers attached to the case they were pre fixed. I will try removing these jumpers then report back ? In which order should I remove them or am I just turning them around ? Also there is no beep coming from this speaker and also no LED flashing on case only flashes for a second when I switch the whole thing off.

You know those beeps are error codes right?
computerhope.com/beep.htm

Make sure to read carefully. I said try removing all of the connections from the case... the indicator lights, the USB ports, the sound ports on the front of the case... all the connections from the case itself except the power button... then try and boot.

Ok and here's the parts list

uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8rq2Q7

Case is a CiT Dragon 3 from Amazon.

He knows the beeps are codes, he said it's not beeping.

Unfortunately the flash is making some of these pictures shit however without the flash it's far too dark I'll post a couple to follow this

I would try replacing the bios battery with a new one. I had a similar issue with my laptop...

Do you understand? Did you try it? Only thing that should be connected for troubleshooting is the power button, the long connector for the main power to the mobo, and the 4 or 8 pin power cord to the CPU. Plug the power cord and 1 hdmi in... and try to boot.

You've tried almost everything needed to test for this issue besides turning it on with the case upright.

But seriously, it'll be best if you had an extra good ram stick, PSU and if possible another CPU to swap in and test. Sometimes take out the cmos battery over \night and it works again the next day. Never knew why motherboards did that.

Sorry I was taking these pictures , will try now

It's also ok to leave fans plugged in, as long as you're such they are connected to outputs on your motherboard that are clearly marked as "fan"

I have had systems not boot because the usb port connector was on backwards, that's why it's best to disconnect all connectors from the case, except the power and fans, that was you can make sure it's not one of those USB or jumper connectors that's causing the problem.

Install Gentoo

Dude... I know what's wrong... just sec.

Ok here goes everything removed even the fans all except this two pin power jumper , connecting monitor via hdmi and going to switch on

RMA your troubles away

Ok assuming you didn't fry your board somehow. One very likely culprit is that your processor only supports DDR3-1333, DDR3L-1333 @ 1.5V RAM, and you have DDR3-1600 RAM installed. Assumingly the ram would just clock itself down to a spped the processor can use... but that's not always the case. I would say this is very likely why your system can not boot. But I would still try removing all the connectors I mentioned, then try booting like that.

Still no change with all connectors removed. Shouldn't it still boot then if I remove the ram ?

I feel for OP though. Nothing worse than getting a system built then that moment of truth when you hold your breath and press the power button... I have only ever had that happen once, and it was just a case of forgetting to connect something.

No I don't believe it will boot with no RAM. But you can try it. Next time you build a system bro, just a tip. Find a static free surface, lay it all out and connect it before you install it into the case. This makes things easy because you might have had a DOA part or something and maybe it wouldn't have worked any way. But as I said, your processor does not support the RAM you have installed, so that's more than likely what is wrong. But yeah, next time you build, save yourself a massive headache and make sure it boots before you put it all in the case.

What ram would you recommend then? Your positive this ram is not compatible? Again thanks for your time everyone.

Will one of these do ? amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J8E8Z6A/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_yzQoxb27TY7NE

Also, you definitely want 2 4GB sticks, rather than 1 8GB stick. Dual Channel RAM is always faster in pairs. If you plan to get 16GB in the future just buy it now, otherwise you'll have far less speed with the one stick until you get around to upgrading.

I would recommend you don't buy a garbage pentium processor. Any RAM that says DDR3-1333 is compatible with that processor. as long as it's not ECC (server ram).

Ok so these should do ? https/www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J8E912M/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_8AQoxbE1YHQ23

Yes those would work great for your CPU.

I'm all out of cash all this shit was 200pounds actually someone on here told me that was a good processor of I was on a very very tight budget because I could overclock it or something

Let me see if I can find something better for what you paid...

For about 20 bucks more, you can get Core i3-4130 which benchmarks about 1000 points higher than that pentium, and supports the faster RAM you wanted. I wouldn't overclock it either, it would be WAY faster than that Pentium over clocked or not.

Cheers user hopefully I get up and running today there's some shitty computer stores around might be able to trade in this ram for a 1333 or 2x4gb like suggested. My steam is sharpieinpooper (seriously) so if your gaming add me and if it works out I will be online hopefully within 5 hours, need to wait for the stores to open.

Right on bro... yeah I'm not a gamer, just an IT Admin. Good luck getting it going! If you have any more questions you can DM me on Twitter @nunsenses

I'm not sure if we have cracked it just yet

tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2619109/intel-pentium-g3258-support-1333mhz-memory.html

> According to Intel, it only supports DDR3 1333MHz Memory. The good news is that the 1600MHz RAM will work fine but at 1333MHz. Even though you've an entry level motherboard, you can still overclock your G3258 on MSI H81M-E33 like a champ

Also (not my post but the guy has same mobo and cpu) someone says in the same thread that the motherboard may need a bios update for this cpu. But how can I update the bios if I can't put my cpu in it ? I'm confused

I bet you that it's your msi motherboard.

I just tried it with a DDR3 1333 and its still the same NO FUCKIN DISPLAY @$%+!

No beep just fans spinning and lights on ...

Is it possible the mobo needs a bios update which would require me first putting in an older cpu ?

Kill yourself, retard.

Constructive !