Is Arch a good distro?

Is Arch a good distro?

No

Yeah it's good. Lots of work to set up though; just use Antergos.

i like it, been using it for about 4 years

One of the best.

Don't listen to Derivatives are memes. If you don't want to use the vanilla installer + beginner's guide, the best choice is Architect. It's just an ncurses installer for Arch. Basically, instead of looking at the wiki and typing commands you end up using the arrows keys and selecting things. It also gets you into installing stuff like desktop environments which aren't covered in the beginner's guide, so you'll end up booting into a more complete install. I've installed Arch both ways several times.

We need a new comic regarding the quantum phase you as an inquisitive windows user face when getting recommended arch and its scripts or forked distros. For this greentext I will pretend that you're talking to the same person

>arch isn't that hard if you think it's hard then go with a fork distro of it
>(few hours pass)
>Okay I'm on manjaro/antegros/whatever
>Kill yourself scrub you didn't do it the right way

>arch isn't that hard if you think it's hard then go with a script
>(few hours pass)
>Okay I used a script

>arch isn't that hard if you think it's hard go with the wiki and read it again faggot
>(few hours pass)
>Okay I installed it the wiki way
>(looks at your system)

Oh look no matter what you are fucked. Do you WANT to fit in with bitter CS dropouts? Go with Ubuntu

maybe
find out for urself opie

>All arch users are one person

You never even see this shit, you guys make up all these strawmen and all these imaginary things "arch users say"

Just use Manjaro

Arch is an ok distro with a cancerous community.

I use elementary
please donate $10USD for continued support of our amazing distro

my sister at 17 or 18 installed arch. that was nearly 7 years ago. if you can't install arch and it's the reason why you dislike it then you are simply a failure.

Short answer.
If you can't spend a day or 2 learning the distro then no, if you can then it is arguably the best.

I've been an Arch user for two years at this point after being a lifelong user of Slackware (before I knew what a package manager was) and Debian.

I've gone back to Debian recently because Arch isn't simply stable enough to rely on it on a daily basis without having to fix quirks constantly. That's it.

> arguably the best.
Please define "the best". The best for what?

As someone who finally got it to install without breaking something important after 8 attempts across multiple computers (thanks to architect it finally installed) it's not worth all the trouble I went through.

There may be a lot of documentation but it's all absolutely shit and most of the time either misleads you or simply doesn't work.

Just get Debian if you're autistic, or
Mint if you want something that "just werks" and are a normie.

There's not really a good reason to have anything else.

install gentoo

Arch is basically Gentoo with pre-compiled packages.

>Please define "the best". The best for what?

Dunno, ambiguous questions get ambiguous answers.

*>arch>gentoo yes?

Gentoo has a better community, and the thrill of native compiling a package is unmatched.

>Arch users aren't one person, you NEVER see anyone say this shit XDDD

>Someone literally fucking said it right here

Are you fucking retarded?

whatever the distribution, using a forked distribution is retarded.
Using a fork of a fork distribution is even more stupid.

If you want to learn how linux works and what the package manager does under the hood, go with Slackware. You have to compile packages, hunt dependencies (fun!), and compile your kernel. It's a real manual distro.

If you want to use Linux for every day computing and work, still be able to use the CLI (but have GUI available if you want/need) then go with Debian. It has a great package manager and the largest selsction of packages out of all the distros. It has three flavors available, stable, testing and unstable for three varying degrees of 'bleeding edge'. For comparison, Arch only has bleeding edge option.

There's a reason most web servers run on Debian. There's a reason Debian has the most derivatives: Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Linux Mint, Devuan, SteamOS...

Second best distro to use KDE with

Arch is a very good distro. Perfect for daily desktop use, been using it for over a couple of years

Yes but only when you actually need it. Arch is good distro for home desktop due to easy access to up to date packages. There is very little point in installing Arch on something like laptop or on any machine where having latest GPU drivers just doesn't matter for shit.
You have to spend quite a bit of time learning stuff in order to properly configure it and understand how it works, installing by itself is piss easy. It's hobbyist distro. I recommend not using meme distros such as manjaro or antergos, use architect if you must. I would recommend Xubuntu or Fedora if you want easy.

When all the timesink pacman breaks xorg.conf memes get busted, you can always just slam the userbase.
Good, good. Let the butthurt flow through you.