So I'm no PC expert but red = too hot right?

So I'm no PC expert but red = too hot right?

How hot is too hot and should I be worried?

>he fell for the Intel meme

82c

quick call the fire department

cpus die at around 100 C

Use Speedfan, Speccy's temperature measurements are bunk.

Laptop CPUs do. Desktop CPUs shouldn't go past ~55c.

I think shutoff is at 95 or something, you're reducing the life of your CPU but it's not gonna burst into flames or anything.

>tfw liquid cooled
>never goes above 40°

I'm liquid cooling my non-K i7-6700. This will last me for centuries

I didn't fall for anything. I didn't even know it was Intel when I bought this laptop.

I'll try Speedfan then.
Only really gets like this playing GTA V or doing video encodes. Otherwise it sits pretty low.

I feel bad that you believe this lie.

>liquid cooling

>This will last me centuries
Those sound like some famous last words there fampai

>Using prebuilt loop

Sure, let's all burn our CPUs because of one >le twitter cunt

>Painstakingly built custom loop
Don't think so, nigger

You never know what the future holds maaan

>MSI gaymen laptop
Yeah, that's too hot. No, there's nothing you can do about it. It'll fry itself within three years. Don't bother contacting MSI customer service, they'll tell you to fuck off. Also, be ready for broken hinges because terrible build quality.

>liquid cooled
>non-K i7-6700
meme/11

You should probably clean your fans once in a while

What lie?

Even if you overclocked a key series to the limit and replaced the heatsink with rockwool it would far outlive the rest of the components.

What? Hyperbole has a limit, faggot.

I'm not upgrading my processor for at least 7 years anyway. I went from a E5300 to a 6700.

We have an Stupid Questions Thread, you know?

>broken hinges
I don't like this meme

Hinges shouldn't really be an issue. It rarely leaves my desk. Only when I go into the bush for work and then it just sits on another desk.
And parts pretty easy to replace. Will upgrade GPU in a few years if needed anyway.

For most people though, this would be a stupid as fuck purchase.

I am the meme God!
>980Ti SLI
>32GB RAM
>42" 4K TV
>Skyrim at 4K with 100+mods
>Trusty old Logitech G15

>he fell for the 16gb of ram... twice

>For most people though, this would be a stupid as fuck purchase.
the use case you're describing sounds stupid as fuck as well. You'll never replace the GPU and any parts are expensive as shitposting, even three years down the line. Go on, look up three year old gaymen laptop parts. You should have gotten a desktop and a portable workstation.
I'm sorry that you can't understand a clear exaggeration for comedic effect. Let me put it in simple words for you; even when overclocked and facing barely adequate cooling the average CPU will far outlive it's usefulness. A CPU dying from age is virtually unheard of with the exception of infamously poorly designed CPUs like the northwood pentiums.

> are expensive as shitposting
*shit
Why is android autocorrect so bloody aggressive?

No, I'm saying that your hyperbole wasn't funny. Fuckhead.

Y-you mean I f-fell for the liquid cooling meme? ;__;

Cpus automatically shut down before reaching that temperature

Sustained high temperatures also kill cpus much more quickly (i.e. high 80s - low 90s)