I want to be able to program on windows

I want to be able to program on windows
1.c++
2.c
3.java
4.python
5.web languages(php,html5,css3,js,and Ruby)
Can I do all this on windows?
>inb4 botnet

Ye wth not

Yup
It's an OS not a burden

I heard that ruby gems don't work in windows though

>>windows
>>not a burden
Please leave

1-3 Sure.
4. Maybe.
5. Get a Linux VM.
also fuck Ruby and PHP

Please don't be a faggot. If you're going to disagree give a valid reason don't just greentext

Set up a Linux VM or dual boot, before you kill yoursef by step 3

Can I program with these on any Linux distro?

Does java really suck that much on windows?

Yes. Linux distros are designed by programmers for programmers.

Windows is designed by CEOs for CEOs

No but C and C++ do.

lel

sure, but it's a pain in the ass

you will spend less time fucking around with installations on ubuntu for sure.

>+0.5 Bing points

What's windows best for then?

Ubuntu comes with OPenJDK, you can intall Oracle Java from a ppa if you want, you can use ubuntu make to automatically install an ide like intellij, if you want to develop in C/C++ you are covered OOTB, you only need an IDE of your liking like CLion Codeblocks or QTCreator.
You have python OOTB, same as with C/C++, you only need an editor.
Getting pip to work is as simple as installing python3-pip, no thinkering required, it just works.

muh gaymes

why bother with windows if you aren't gonna use C# ?
genuinely curious

You can do all of these with windows. Get XAMPP to install on Windows for the web stuff

Maybe you only have one general purpose system. Everything op listed is doable on Windows anyway, so let him pick whatever

So let me get this straight
Osx
>bash
>security
>relevant programs
Linux
>bash
>muh freedom
>great programming stuff
Windows
>vidya
>???

Step 1. Erase windows
Step 2. Install Gentoo
Step 3. Begin writing your fizzBuzz script in any language you wish

>OSX
>security
Pick one.

Windows can work great for programming if you use C# with VS, but it suck for everything else, even C/C++, plus you can't even use LLVM.

Yep, the only thing linux will have trouble with is xcode and swift. Swift the language is avail on linux now but for ios development you still pretty much need a mac or at least a decent hackintosh.

He gave a mature response and asked you to provide a reason. All you can you do is regurgitate memes. Please come back to this board when you're old enough.

Obvious reason: Windows forces updates on users with very little choice. Couldn't you at least think of that?

You heard wrong, it's just a pain in the ass.

90% of the people replying in this thread know shit about programming, your OS doesn't change shit on what you want to code, except if you want to make some specific stuff for OSX, in this time and age you can almost code anything everywhere, so yes, you can do all that coding on windows by downloading free stuff like visual studio 2015 community (for c and c++), any java ide like eclipse, same shit for python, for web languages you can use advanced text editors like sublime-text and tons of other editors with plugins that integrate web development auto compositions.

But Linux is generally better suited to programming as a whole. This we know.

>he uses sublime text

and how does that restrict programming?

Depends what you want to code, linux is great overall, but windows has wider compatibility with third party tools when in work oriented environments, like offices and banks.
An average student studying coding will probably prefer OSX and Linux over windows, specially if working with mobile devices since windows is a nightmare with external devices, but for the stuff requested in the OP you can literally use anything, even your tablet or a chrome os laptop.

>90% of the people replying in this thread know shit about programming, your OS doesn't change shit on what you want to code, except if you want to make some specific stuff for OSX, in this time and age you can almost code anything everywhere
I've been programming for well over 10 years and this is honestly bullshit.

The only time I see this being true is if you're literally only doing e.g. JavaScript web development, which has a highly portable VM that's the same on all platforms.

For C, for example, you start running into tooling differences and you start running into them fast.

Download any random open source project on Windows, and chances are it will simply refuse to work. MinGW is a disaster, and MSVC can't build half the real world programs you try throwing at it. Automake etc. are virtually unsupported, so your only chance is if the program uses cmake, and then only if it uses it properly.

Honestly your best bet is to use cygwin, SUA/Interix or Windows 10's new Linux subsystem, or just straight up do development in a VM.

Forced restart during program tests, executions and composition.

Fucking up driver dependencies.

Using excess resources for unnecessary bloat.

Anything that affects a computer system affects programming.

>he greentexts without explanation

Im asking because I began to doubt when I tries to install python but ran into fuckery

>C
no shit, but show me how many "tooling" issues you'll encounter in programming python/java/webdev in windows, linux or osx, i'll tell you, zero, because they all rely on standards that are not platform dependent and can run on any machine with the right set of libraries installed.