Hey guys, I'm new to MTG and would like your personal opinions on the best way to build a deck...

Hey guys, I'm new to MTG and would like your personal opinions on the best way to build a deck. I know there are a lot of factors, but I'm talking basics here.

Do a 60 card deck, I should have how many lands? Creatures? Yadda yadd. Thanks guys

Other urls found in this thread:

toothycat.net/~hologram/Turing/HowItWorks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

install gentoo

>Roll D20
>Critical miss

Sorry friend.

find friends who play, ask them to help. the best way to learn is by playing with people willing to teach you as you go.

Damn wrong board

Any pre-made deck is a decent way to start. They're not great decks, but they tend to be fun, not expensive, give you a basic understanding of deck construction, and offer a variety of mechanics to teach you.

Also, you seem to be lost.

install hearthstone

HOW IS THIS TECHNOLOGY RELATED. GO PLAY YOUR POKÉMON CARD GAME SOMEWHERE ELSE.

/TechnoloGy/

cardboard is tech

Magic the Gathering is Turing complete.

>not yugioh
lel what a neckbeard

triggered

GO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF NIGGER!
~love Sup Forums

Please don't ban me, I'm just a lonely sysadmin and I have nothing else to do.
This thread is bullshit.

people still play yugioh?

I dropped out when they added those white cards

I can't stand the black cards to be honest.

>I dropped out when they added those white cards
I'm just trolling, but yeah we all gave up when they included the shitty white cards, synchros destroyed the game mechanics forever.
I found out they included black cards not so long ago, fucking cringed. Konami are a bunch of dick suckers.

>mfw this is real

>mfw I realize user isn't joking

If you're being serious, it's all dependent on the type of deck you want to play and what colors you're rolling in. There's a ton of different archetypes, and to each their own type of deck. Any ideas at all on what you want to play?

>it's real
and so we enter the wired

>Sup Forums
>Not playing Hearthstone instead and embracing the wonders of RNG.

don't you want like 20 lands in a 60 card deck? i haven't played since second grade when urza's saga was the hot new shit.

missing a T, numbnuts

24 lands
24 creatures
4 instants
4 sorceries
4 artifacts/enchantments

That'll do, lad. That'll do.

And not a single card over 60. I mean it!

phone posters

holynshit

My life will never be the same

What's so surprising? With well defined rules and a variety of cards that can do nearly everything you can think of it seems obvious you could build a computer out of it.

No more than 2/5 of your deck should be lands. Composition of creatures, sorceries/instants, and other cards depends on general strategy of deck.

Combo decks, burn decks, etc... obviously want less creatures. Aggro decks obviously want more.

Post rare mtg cards

20 lands isn't enough. That's old dogma.

23 is the minimum these days for 60 cards, unless you have some particular reason to go lower.

Goblins, though I haven't played since return to Ravnica, so I don't know shit.

Actually, that's not what's happening. The machine itself is the stack, and the board state is the tape. While the current version does require that all "may" abilities become "must" abilities, the reality is that everything that's happening to create the Turing completeness of the game is happening due to the stack interactions with the board state. Human decisions are not a part of the machine's operation.

buddy had one of these. again, haven't played in almost 20 years. it was pretty cool back then.

Is this still around?

I remember playing this like 15 years on prep school. Good ol days

A friend of mine has this shit and he's always going on about how rare and valuable it is and whatnot.

I thought I was hot shit with this card.

yeh, but it's a different game entirely now.
planeswalkers, no summoning sickness on artifacts, and a host of other rules changed.

that's not a lot of stuff

the cards illustrations are bretty cool actually
didn't know this game is still hugely popular

I like old slivers.
New slivs are garbage :c

artefacts tend to have very rare specimens

You missed the t in /tgt/

>he thinks that's where the g came from.

>Magic the Gathering is Turing complete.
toothycat.net/~hologram/Turing/HowItWorks.html

Halp

I've been reading this for the last ten minutes and I still quite get my head around it. I've never played MTG though.

But that's what I was talking about. The stack is part of the rules of the game.

>yfw the universe is turing complete

The stack is basically a CPU as far as my limited CS knowledge can tell. You send your "program" to it (a bunch of cards set up beforehand) and it resolves all the interactions between them without your interaction based on the rules on the cards, and if you wrote your program correctly you get a desired, predictable outcome on the other end.

With the right setup you can do anything with it you could do with any other computer.

It's sort of like how people can make CPUs in Minecraft.

Oh, I forgot in this case you have to say "yes" to every choice the cards give you.

This isn't the right board, but a good rule of thumb is to have 21 lands in a 60 card deck, or 35%.

Also, is the board you're probably looking for.

Dont know shit about most card games. Whats that mean?

if you think being turing complete is part of the card game, you don't know shit about technology