What calculator do you Sup Forumseeks use, and why isn't it the TI-83?

What calculator do you Sup Forumseeks use, and why isn't it the TI-83?

because the nSpire was on sale and cheaper than the 8x (although i like the 8x's better tbqh)

A python shell because I'm not autistic.

None because I'm not in high school

>this fag counts on his fingers in math301

If your college teaches with a calculator, you're going to a shit college.

this is the only correct answer. i have never taken a math class where i needed a graphing calculator. ive taken calc3, differential, and linear. unless youre a physical of math major (or something similar) why do you need a graphing calculator?

HP 50g, because TI can't into RPN

when taking maths I used to use a TI Voyage because Voyage m8

Because I have a TI-84

>I didn't go past calculus
>I work in such a pathetic field that I don't regularly have to check my own math

Casio fx991MS

Because it's cheating

>be me
>me amerikistan
>studying in germanistan
>use TI programmable calc
>"excuse me hans you cannot use that calculator"
>shit was taken away during my test, only to be given bacl after said test
>barely get 50 percent of total test marks (mostly some proving and basic identity question)
>bought used calculator afterwards

Ti-36x Pro and fx-991ex are basically a Ti-84 minus graphing.
Barely touch the graphing calculators.
For everything else I use Matlab.

In the rare case I needed to graph, or do calculus and wasn't near a my laptop, I honestly prefer the Ti-89 over the nSpire in almost all cases - although I guess the nSpire has prettier graphs? And runs computations faster?
Either way, the nSpire is basically collecting dust.

Believe it or not, still this. Got it back in high school. Has served me well ever since.

Because I have an 89.

>not using RPN mode

>4.29.01 AM
Go to bed.

That thing looks epic, how much 'd it cost?

I go to bed at 7am.

is there a non programmable calculator that will integrate/differentiate and do imaginary number calculations?

need it for exams...
(electronics, not maths; not looking to cheat)

i'm not in school anymore so none

A Ti83 can differentiate, I dunno about integrating.. imaginary numbers? Are easy to do by heart...

>graphing calculators

Graphing calculators are a fucking scam pushed by texas instruments.

The only way anyone would spend $200+ on a device with the processing power of a pda from the 90's is if high schools forced them to.

You can get graphing apps for your smartphone.
A smartphone with 10x more power than a graphing calculator is about a fifth of the cost.

How is everyone okay with this?

>tfw I have a TI-83
>not TI-83 Plus

TI Nspire CX Cas, godly calculator.

Exactly. In (europoor) highschool, my class' curriculum was deemed to warrant TI voyages.

It's funny, since we needed to get through calculus up to variation of constants using our heads, thus making us superior maths students in the end.

The Sharp I still use today barely passed as a numerical aid at tests back then.
TI fags are missing out on the feeling of true accomplishment.

Are you me? If so I got another hour to spare.

>4.29.01 AM
>Going to bed

bitch I wake up at this time.

>feeding the TI jew

Because discreet calculators are a niche product and TI can charge whatever they want since they're required by schools

Because it died. Had a rechargable in it that leaked, ate away the foil and the traces. Found out only after the 2nd and Mode button started failing.

i guess i just use my head?

whats the problem

HP 50g. I was a physics major.

>>I didn't go past calculus
>>I work in such a pathetic field that I don't regularly have to check my own math

You know we have these things called personal computers, which can accept arbitrary programming, and can be used for symbolic and numerical math, right?

Once you get past baby math in undergrad, calculators are not useful. In grad school, you need Mathematica or Maple on a computer, not a dogshit graphing calculator with 1993 technology.

Graphing calculators are a retardation foisted on teachers by TI. There is nothing they can do that fucking Python can't do much better and easier, for free.