Where can I find the source code of extensive C programs? All I can find are stupid calculators and snake games

Where can I find the source code of extensive C programs? All I can find are stupid calculators and snake games

Other urls found in this thread:

notabug.org/koz.ross/awesome-c
kernel.org
github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=language:C language:C&type=Repositories&ref=advsearch&l=C&l=C
slackware.com/torrents/slackware-14.1-source-dvd.torrent
github.com/id-Software
github.com/munificent/wren
github.com/search?l=C&o=desc&q=C&s=stars&type=Repositories&utf8=✓
twitter.com/AnonBabble

isnt the linux kernel in C?

deb-src

Make your own source code :)

99% of it is. There's still some platform-specific assembly, and probably always will be, but they've tried to get rid of as much of it as possible.

Check out the Quake 1 source. They GPLed it after a few years, which means that both it and a bunch of forks are out there for you to play with. It's a big project, but not so big that one person can't get a good handle on how it works. It does something you're probably interested in. And it's not hard to start modifying it.

nice thanks

get a C decompiler?

You probably won't find any, at least not those that are easy to read and well commented. Most people are willing to give their work away for free.

*aren't willing

>Most people are willing to give their work away for free.
Well, you're right.
Linux kernel.
Quake
BSD
Most of the core-utils
GCC before they went to C++
Numerous language runtimes

Just google open source C projects.

All the corperates ones you can't see are going to be commentless and horrifying for the most part, because the company can just pay for employees to work on it.

The open source ones, if they want any outside contributors, has to either be a really big/cool project to overcome the bad code, or nice enough so that people enjoy working on it.

search "(any FOSS linux package) source"

"cmatrix source"
"ls source"

You'll get tons of C++ and a decent amount of other languages.
Pure C is a getting rare for new programs being written, outside of embedded.

because C is literally worthless in the modern era

Nah.
See embedded.
Don't underestimate simplicity of implementation.

>embedded
literally the deadest subject in the entire field

Nah.
Gotta program microwaves.
And the internet of insecure things.

Even the Linux kernel is basically C++. They've taken everything good from C++ and found ways to make it work in C, since C++ at first was an extension to C. For example, the drivers for hardware have structs, a basic class, with pointers inside it to the functions it needs to work, e.g. read, write and open, which is how C++ works, but is hidden from the user. The structs even support inheritance as your struct will contain the basic driver struct you pass to the kernel and using Macros the kernel / driver code can go back up the inheritance to top level struct and have the implementation specific functions available. Its fairly tidy. The only few things the Linux kernel doesn't use are templates, otherwise it is fairly C++.

As someone who has to trawl through these files and write my own, its very interesting to see how they use the best methods available to them to write very good code.

>but why not just use C++
see Linus Torvalds explanation, tl;dr its to keep the code monkeys out.

here
have fun

notabug.org/koz.ross/awesome-c

thats amazing. thank you

c++ is quite good for embedded if you neglect the c++ standard library and disable exceptions. The language is quite decent, especially c++14.

Yeah, but harder to get a compiler.

Zopfli.

Decompilers produce assembly, or at best, attempt to reconstruct C-like pseudocode.

please report frogs and ignore

>Decompilers produce assembly
decompilers try to produce high-level code like C,Java,C++ and so on
>disassembler produce assembly

>he can't read assembly

please report and sage animefags

kernel.org

damn, amazing resource. thank you.

github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=language:C language:C&type=Repositories&ref=advsearch&l=C&l=C

C is a meme. It's not used in anything practical which is why you can only find calculators and snek gayms.

Pajeet, my son..

you must be fucking retarded, right?

slackware.com/torrents/slackware-14.1-source-dvd.torrent

also there's thing thing called github, and sourceforge

maybe you heard of it

>report and sage animefags
>on an imageboard that originated from an anime focus
Retard

github.com/id-Software

They have a board for you idiots go on back there, retard.

>decompiler
C has no decompiler,
What you want is a disassembler/debugger.

Be gone Java slave.

There are C decompilers that have decent success.

Decompilers do not originate from java.

Be gone retarded meme spewer

A decompiler produces high level source code by reversing the metadata of the bytecode, which has not been touched by compilers that change the code for optimization purposes(they are done by the JITt)so you have a higher level source than you would with C.

Me thinks someone has not learned how low level works yet.

Here, have an interpreter: github.com/munificent/wren

github.com/search?l=C&o=desc&q=C&s=stars&type=Repositories&utf8=✓

There's a website for dumb frogposters

>>>/reddit/

This. You don't use a COMPILER to create binaries from asm, you use an ASSEMBLER for that. So logically, something that takes a binary and gives you the asm would be a DISASSEMBLER, not a DECOMPILER.