Sup Sup Forums, unsure if I should make this thread here, on Sup Forums, or elsewhere...

sup Sup Forums, unsure if I should make this thread here, on Sup Forums, or elsewhere, but this is the board I've spent the most time on so I'll whack it up here."

Looking at buying a sound system for my house, and the conclusion I've reached is
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable -$449
Rotel RA-12 Integrated Amplifier -$1000
Bowers & Wilkins 685 series 2 Bookshelf Speakers -$835

This is all in AUD, and these products, especially the bookshelf speakers are significantly reduced from the standard retail price thanks to end of financial year sales

Forgot to mention the main reason for posting in the OP, is this setup any good? Are there other things in a similar price range I should consider?

maybe look into the JBL LSR305s for your speakers, they're powered monitors so a bit different from the ones you posted but i know people who have them and have heard nothing but good things.

>turntable
user, it's 2016, not 1976

I too am looking at a similar setup.
I agree with what said
Instead of spending 1000 dollars on an integrated amplifier you could buy a dedicated phono preamp with monitors which may work out a lot cheaper.
But if budget's no problem then that setup should work.

Why the fuck you bought turntable?

If you know someone who works at JB HiFi you can get all that stuff for half RRP.

I'm saying this as a JB employee who got the 685 S2s for $500 and a Rotel RA-1570 for $1000.

>$1000 amp
>turntable
>shit turntable

>Rotel RA-12
You're spending a lot of your budget on that amp. The phono stage and DAC are probably very good but for that money you have so many options if you go for separate pre/power/dac. And it would give you more options swapping things out down the line.

>Bowers & Wilkins

Try another vendor.

B&W is shit.

What cartridge are you planning to use with the turntable? What type of cartridges go well with that arm?

How did you decide what speakers to buy? Did you hear them? At a dealer? Maybe a friend has them? Have you heard them in your listening room? What speakers did you compare them to? What speakers have you heard that you liked? Did not like? And why. What speakers have you heard in your listening room?

>2016
>not buying vinyl.

niggers do you even ?

>spending the majority of the money on the amplifier
M8...

>$1000 for an amp
>B&W speakers

So many wrong things in one post

>2016
>not buying cassettes
at least put some money into a medium that is actually playable anywhere

>inb4 cassettes are shit
a good cassette player can easily rival vinyl while also having less distortion

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC
Grado Blue 1 Cartridge
Pro-Ject Phono Box S Preamp
Whatever mid-priced amp from Denon
Peachtree D5 Speakers

>cassettes
never mind that all cassettes die a slow death from magnetism loss.

Does anyone here know about integrated amps with DACs? If so what are so brands to look at? I am looking for an integrated amp as desk space is limited that can put out 50-100 watts to power a pair of KEF LS50 speakers. Ideally the amp would also have some sort of connection for a powered sub as well.

Budget is 700 dollars USD that can go to at most 800 USD.

I was thinking of getting a Cambridge Audio CXA80.

for