Fx6300

>fx6300
>almost as good as an i5
>cheaper than an i3

Is AMD the best choice for processors while their releases are fresh? I'll admit vishera has gotten to the point it's not worth buying new, but on release, would you get an fx6300, or i3 3220?
Would you buy an fx8320, or i4 3470?

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/7
viaembeddedstore.com/boards/x86-boards/epia-p910.html
youtu.be/l041rgeoysU
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.50GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i laugh at amd fags hahahahahhaha
fucking indian shit

POO IN SEMICONDUCTOR

No, I got a FX8350 and it was shit.

Just buy yourself an Intel CPU, even a Sandy Vagina is better.

AMD is good for budget builds. Once you have a good amount of money to waste, Intel is way better.

What was shit exactly?
what couldn't you run properly?
I think you are full of shit

Fx8320 here.

Gta V and BF4 both run smooth for me on my gtx 680. Fuck off.

Those AMD CPUs do very well in multithreaded applications.

the amd 6 and 8 cores were perfect for the money but you had some really uncomfortable experiences when skyrim and other badly coded single threaded games were out.

the multi threading in games has become much better now which almost regrets my switch from 8320 to xeon 1231v3 since the performance would just about be equal, especially when dx12 gets proper optimisation

OP pls don't make me regret upgrading to an i5 over my FX 6300.

there's really no need, waiting for zen is actually the way to go

let's all support amd so they can bring down prices for cpu's and gpu's and we all can have better performance for less money

OP here.
What problems did you have?

Gaming performance?

As long as I could get 50+ fps in the game I'd be pretty happy, of course I wouldn't want to spend i5 money and receive Pentium performance, but skyrim was using dx9 so it was pretty shit for the time.

Anything from 2013 and onwards shouldn't have any problems running on an fx processor.

What's the update on zen? What can we expect to compete against an i5 or i3?

I7 tier is too expensive for my liking.

Intel is so much better
But I'll keep buying AMD for the anti-monopoly cause. Hopefully zen is worth a damn and we finally see some competition between the two

Is single thread performance the only reason Intel is better?

For starters, the stock fan was shit it couldn't even prevent the CPU to throttling at stock 4.2GHz boost and it sounded like a engine jet, louder than my G1 Gaming GTX970 at 100% fans and this shit has 3 fucking fans so I had to buy a Evo 212 to keep it cool.
Second, this shit needs so much voltage that you need to buy a good motherboard with good vrms and power phases 6+2, anything below than and you won't be able to hit anything above 4.2Ghz.

Third, performance on games was attrocious, on BF3 I couldn't even hit 60FPS on big maps without having to lower mesh settings to medium which completely makes playing aerial vehicles impossible because you don't have any view distance, on games like STALKER which prefer single core the game was a stutter fest

In the end I wasted more money than buying a i5 4440 with a cheap motherboard and using the stock cooler for it.

By the way I have a 4690K now and I did ended it up buying a i5 4440 with a Z87 motherboard with was actually better than the FX8350 at 4.5Ghz.

Want pics? I still have the FX8350 and the i5 4440, just let me recharge my phone to take pics so don't you dare think I'm a shill, I'm just a victim of the buy AMD CPU meme.

I already know that feel.
>"h-hey that kind of felt faster.. right?"

Nooo

ok do that

>tfw using the cheapest asrock 970 board I could find
>tfw no oc on my fx8320, slight undervolt
>could sometimes hear cpu fan when under load, but no throttling
>replaced cooler with seidon 120v plus I got for very cheap
>no issues at all, after more than 2 years

Idk user. Maybe your motherboard was dodgy? Not saying you're lying, but I don't have the same issues on mine so idk what to think.

Haven't tested bf3, but I'm getting great performance in bf4. Gta v never dips below 60fps(not max settings tho), even cpu intensive games like planetary annihilation run at more than 60fps, only rarely dipping to mid 50s for intense battle scenes while I'm zoomed in.

I'd upload a speccy but I'm not home, and won't be for another 3 hours.

8350 user. not shit confirmed.

Thinking of upgrading to vega/pascal and 4k monitor lads.

Should I just cheap out on the cpu and buy something around 130usd, to focus more of my budget on gpu?

Ausfag btw.

literally get higher than 90fps, all settings ultra, 120% native resolution on BF4, and I have an fx 8350 clocked at only 4.0ghz.

Looks like a fairly cpu agnostic game.
You sure the issue wasn't you? Considering we still haven't seen that image you promised.

techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/7

Couldn't get the phone to focus on the small letters on the CPU, I have a shitty HTC Android phone.

Left to right, 8350 stock cooler, i5 4440 and FX8350 box.

Don't cheap out on the CPU ever, you're going to get both CPU bottlenecks paired with low GPU usage, with a fast CPU the only thing you're going to hit is GPU utilization limit.

That's my experience only with gaming.

I'm sure the FX8350 can have it uses but for gaming its virtually useless specially paired with high end GPUs, I'm sure for something like a AMD 280 at 1080p60 should be fine because you would be hitting GPU utilization limit before CPU.

By the way, even the faster i5 4440 was still bottlenecking my GTX970.

This.
AMD is a compelling value for mid-range GPU's, but buy Intel or wait for zen if you're building a high-end PC.

Literally have none of your issues, so I think you're just shilling now.

I'm even using the stock heatsink, but didnt use the thermal paste it came with.

I'm going to assume that's because you don't know better.

I'm pretty sure benchmarks and in game fps doesnt lie.

ehh... my [email protected] is bottlenecking me on some of my games even with only an R9 380X.
It's a great CPU, but I'll be upgrading to Zen+Polaris when the time comes.

But I dont experience any bottlenecking as far as I can tell.

My current system.

Wanna know whats even more pathetic? I bought that FX8350 on December 2014, around that time the Devil's Canyon CPU were already out by months.

fx4300 here. I've made some horrible decisions, but this wasn't one of them.

>won in an eBay auction for 30 aud last year
>on air at 4.5ghz on a cheap as shit motherboard
>literally only play battlefield 4, which it handles with ease.

Also got my gtx 670 for 90 dollars in an auction. Too bad used parts will never offer value anymore thanks to LinusFuckTips

>970

Almost 1.5 years old already and still kicking at 1920x1080, overclocked to 1519core while undervolted from 1.212v to 1.175v.

Haven't had a card this good since my old HD7950.

>stock fan shit couldn't even hit max boost clock
My fx6300 boosts to 4.1ghz on stock and it was silent. Now have 212 and oc 4.6ghz and its still runs fine.

>needs so much voltage
I literally put up the voltage by 0.025V to oc from 'stock' 3.5ghz to 4.6ghz with the cheapest mid range board I could find, ie the first non-biostar full atx mobo.

>8350 and gtx 970 not even getting 60fps on bf3
Wew lad my 6300 and 280 run bf4 maxed out at 60fps, you've got some serious problems. Maybe buy a card that doesn't shit itself at 3.5, that would improve gaymen proformance.

>single core games suffer
Literally what game runs single core and manages to cripple a modern CPU.
I'll answer that: none.

>wasted more money than just buying an i5 4440 with cheap mobo
This is market dependant so I'll forgive it, but here the 6300 is half the price of an i5 4440 and even the cheapest Intel mobo (assuming atx, never looked at smaller) start at the high end range of 970A AMD boards.
Basically, a shit i5 would have cost 2.5x what I currently have and perform worse with no option to OC. AMD is known for being cheap; I didn't have a $1k budget so I made sensible choices.

Fx4300 bro here.

You thinking of upgrading to zen, or fx 8 core?

I'm thinking of buying a used 8 core on the cheap when zen comes out.

Quite comfy for now, there is still room to oc some more which I'll try when needed.

In the future I'll go for zen, the unified AM4 socket means you can upgrade to literally any CPU AMD will put out for a long time. Seems like a good idea to me

True.

Or if mtiadapter is popular I might get an apu.

A FX6300 don't even comes close to a FX8350, don't know why are you even comparing then, at least use a FX8320.

uhhh. It comes close when you OC it, and aren't using heavily multithreaded stuff.
It's exactly the same chip, with 2 cores disabled, and a lower clock.

VIA is the best choice, because of muh cheap

>almost as good as an i5
Thats funny because my current i5 4690 isnt good enough for the latest games and bogs down easily during general usage these days.

>8 core intel costs $1500+
>Xeon twice that
>8 core AMD Costs $300
Hmmm you know what ill get one when Zen comes out intel asking $1500 for a 8 core xeon at high clocks is a load of shit

>hurr 4 wheel ford costs 1000$
>durr 4 wheel ferrari costs 100000$
hurr muh moar coars

>you can't compare them
>6300 doesn't even come close to the 8350
Did you read the context or not?
Apparently my 6300 can run bf3 better than an 8350. I see a logical problem here, so I threw in my 2¢.

Also as said, its literally the same CPU with a module disabled. I can compare like with like.

3.5GB

Not the same guy, but CPUs are "programmed" and Intel is objectively better in (at least) that area (for consumer uses).
I haven't had the chance to try, but probably AMD CPUs are better-performing when running emulators and some virtual machines, and solving NP-complete problems.

Old.

>cheap
viaembeddedstore.com/boards/x86-boards/epia-p910.html

AMD is lagging behind nowadays but there are still two reasons to strongly recommend them

- budget builds
- home virtualization labs

If you want to play games or are doing massive amounts of video encoding Intel is worth the premium.

- budget builds
- this avenue is somewhat disappearing because it is actually cheaper to get a refurbished Dell, Lenovo, etc. which for same cost or just a little more you get support and an operating system.

- home virtualization
My 32GB 8 core AMD rig performs just as well as my work computer i7 and work test server xeon at 1/3 and 1/5th the cost.

What would offer better dx12 performance? A used fx8350, or i5 3470?

> AMD CPUs are better-performing when running emulators and some virtual machines
This. AMD doesn't jew you into buying a VT-d compatible AND overclockable hardware. GPU passthrough just works.

>Tfw bought 8350 something like 2 & 1/2 years ago
>managed to push oc to 4.8, without turbo on 212 evo
>ridiculously fast encode in powerdirector
>based af performance in Reaper and Mixcraft 7
>Watercool my 290
>Overclock to Cthulu levels
>Hardware accelerated rendering so fast I get whiplash
>FF to about 6 months ago
>get Fury X
>ludicrousspeedengaged.dll
>fastest editing rig I've ever used
>even handles full speed playback rendering while in Harmony's stroke editor, a task which has crashed Harmony on every other PC I'd ever accidentally done it on, and had made a point to avoid doing
>Based AMD gives zero fucks and does it, anyway
>Mfw

I wouldn't buy now, if I could avoid it, or if you have to, go deep budget rig and get a strong dual core Intel and wait to see what Zen looks like. If it sucks, go i5. If it's good, get Zen/Zen+

I'm looking on the cheap side of things.

Don't want to spend much

Zen looks to be covering all price ranges, senpai. Full disclosure, I'm an AMD guy, but if you must buy now, I'd go with the Intel because of IPC. Iirc, dx12 doesn't affect CPUs as much as GPUs

Will always use AMD just to piss off Intel shills.

>tfw TurionX2

Toshiba laptop?

8320 here, very satisfied with this chip. Paid 100 bucks brand new a few years ago

Why can't this shitty AMD cult of a board just accept these cpus were utter garbage and move one? No seriously, why? Nobody is gonna fall for this shit. IPC is very important for gaming because most games hammer only a single thread for the most part and amd cpus are fucking garbage in this regard, easily outclasses by fucking i3s.

You can't even run modern games on i3's, they refuse to run on anything with less than 4 threads

False. Those games were just cod and cisquisition, both restrictions which can be easily bypassed.

i3s have hyperthreading as well you know, aka 4 threads.

HP

i3 has 4 threads you fucking mong.

I have the stock cooler on my 8350 as well, and yeah, it sounds like a jet engine. Mine isn't thermal throttling though. I've played Witcher with it and the cpu temp was only 58c. I have insanely good air flow in my Corsair 500r case though, which comes factory with a fuckhueg side intake air fan.

>Dat vram memory bottleneck
Christ HMB2 and PCIe4 cant come soon enough

GTA V doesn't run with 2 threads, there's quite a few games out there which won't run on less than 4 threads
2011 wants their single thread may may back

>fx6300
>stock
>silent
You either live in the North Pole or you're lying, fucking shit tier cooler sounded like an airport even on idle.
Even had to undervolt that shit as it was reaching 85+ during heavy usage and shutting down.

Pcie bandwidth doesn't affect resolution, it's memory bandwidth that matters.

youtu.be/l041rgeoysU

Cpu isn't even 100% load in this video. Expect 50+ fps, or higher, before it becomes a bottleneck. 50+ fps is perfectly fine.

>i5-4690 isnt good enough for the latest games and bogs down easily during general usage these days

You're doing something horribly wrong then, that CPU is still more than capable of holding it's own. cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.50GHz

one of the selling points of the 8350 has always been that it's a great budget cpu for editing work. 8 core rendering really does make a huge difference in that kind of task. The problem is dx11 games almost always use only 2 or 4 cpu cores, leaving you with weak-ass single thread performance equivalent to an old Celron.

Great value in Intel, like $20/fps gain over AMD. I'll pass.

Why did fury do 4k so shit? I know 4GB didnt help but.

True. Game devs really are cancer.

On the bright side, when I'm not using my PC for A/V work, it's still a breddy gud gaymen rig. There isn't too much I can't max out and hit 60fps at 2k.

Not that I give a fuck, but it's nice, when I feel like playing Dank Souls, or...

>I just realized, I pretty much only play Dank Souls

Not enough raw gpu power, hbm1 isn't much faster than gddr5, and 4GB vram.

Notice that the fury x and 980 ti are just as shit at 4k as each other.

Good thing modern gaming is for fags.

I agree with you mostly, but gta v and bf4 are still pretty fun to occasionally play

fx 6300
asus oc 750ti
16gb ballistx
botnet10 home 64bit
Doom era case with shit airflow
2 fans and cooler master hyper to compensate because im too pussy to use water cooling

amd is always good for first time pc gamers, as long as they use high end cooling systems as well, leaving the price of both proccesor and cpu cooler to be near or over the price of a similar grade intel that would only need it's stock cooler imho

2 case fans is plenty. One push, one pull.
3 is better.
2 push, 1 pull. The psu will also pull.

Shouldn't cost more than 6 dollars for 2 or 3 fans, and you should use the same for an Intel build.

8350 here
Buy Intel or wait for Zen. It's 100% shit

>this post to poster ratio
Intel shills going all out tonight

It's actually modern gaming that's fine
I can run Witcher 3 at 60fps but Crysis and Oblivion are stuck at 30

It's pretty much known at this point that first round Zen is going to be pretty much neck and neck with Intel offerings, but has anyone heard much about Zen +?

I am definitely not looking forward to all the Intel shills claiming BTFO, when $300 Zen doesnt 100% outperform $600 I7 right out of the gate.

I'm just hoping for a dirt cheap unlocked quad core like 860k, 5350, or 7650k.

What would you guys recommend for 3D modeling and animation rendering?
Top end AMD FX 8350 or XEON 1231
Will be paired with a GTX 950

It's called a conversation. Something that doesn't happen often in this shithole.

>Zen is going to be pretty much neck and neck with Intel offerings
*in IPC

They're still going to be offering higher core counts, simultaneous multithreading (hyperthreading), and improvements in scalability and cache latency.

Though you're probably right. First round Zen will likely appear neck and neck with Intel in benchmarks, so it'll all come down to pricing.

Opinions on fx-4320? I plan to combine it with a gtx 750ti for a modest budget build.

I wish it would

Why 750 ti?

Why not gtx 950 or r7 370?

Also yeah it's alright if you oc it, on its own though it's pretty weak, but with an oc it can outpace a haswell i3 easily.

i3-2350m here
I want double performance for cheap, what CPU?
I only play osu
Watch anime
And browse Sup Forums

Because i have a pretty old psu (500w maxcube) and i am afraid it won't handle newer cards, plus that i checked out a lot of sources/reviews/benchmarks for 750ti and it seems to perform very well even with current gen games, and i am on a tight budget. I am running a hd5770 that's 5 yrs old now and it's starting to show

Fair enough.

750 ti is super efficient, good choice for that psu. The cpu though, not so much. Get a 6300 instead and undervolt it.

Thanks for the feedback btw. I aready have the fx installed with an aftermarket cooler which should allow good ocing, and as soon as i have a good amount amount of money i will be building an intel/nvidia rig

>needs so much voltage
>I literally put up the voltage by 0.025V to oc from 'stock' 3.5ghz to 4.6ghz with the cheapest mid range board I could find, ie the first non-biostar full atx mobo.
You are either intentionally lying on the internet or you have zero clue on what you are even talking about.

FX6300 is basically garbage. Can't run BF4 smoothly with an R9 390X, bottlenecks like mad.

I've overclocked it to 4100 Mhz, might try 4300 later but I have a 970 board so power output is limited.

Nah UK m8.
The 6300 is just fine on stock, never gets hot to the degree where it shuts down. Would have thought it will thermal throttle hard to prevent that so I really don't know what's going on with yours, unless you live in a desert.
>85°C on 6300
>is not kill
I am curious to know how it survived such abuse, its not rated to function regularly beyond ~70°C afaik.

It wasn't loud either, my HDDs were and still are the noisiest things in my case, its actually annoying as fuck.

Its quite true, I put up the freq by 100mhz and stress tested for 20-30mins, repeating that until I ran into problems. I fully expected it to conk out and I'd have to raise the voltage more but nope, only at 4.4ghz where I went up by 0.0125 which it didn't like, then again and it sat fine until 4.6ghz.

I was happy and left it, although I doubted stability with just 20-30mins of testing but even after prolonged gaming it was fine and hasn't shut down so I'll just leave it.
>god tier PSU
>gigabyte mobo
They helped.

I bet you'll call bs on my phone which is oc from 2.5 to 2.88 while being undervolted by 0.03V but it is fucking fine too.

>Lrn2oc

I built an 870k system for my dad got a refurbished hd7770 for next to nothing to pair with it. 120gb ocz ssd 1tb Toshiba hdd and 16gb of 1866 rip jaw memory complete overkill for his usage, but it's amazingly quick for a 450$ machine. Terrified of the Temps though since it sits in the garage, probably going to order an aftermarket cooler before summer hits. Never actually tried gaming or anything with it.

Get a non-mobile haslel i3, should give you more than double performance.