Not sure if I should study CS or go into the military

Not sure if I should study CS or go into the military

Go into the military. You probably have no willpower, in the military they'll just force you to do anything, as a CS studend you'll probably just drop out.

I think the military will really straighten me out, or it could kill me. Literally.

I will do both in my lifetime. I just don't what to do first.

kys dumb frogposter

If you're set on doing both do military first.

CS, military is for welfare queens.

Is software development a dead end, or is Sup Forums being hyperbolic? Will I have difficulty finding work with a CS degree, fluency in multiple programming languages and English and Spanish, a portfolio that exists, and a capability to not shout slurs at coworkers?

If you do military first you get dat priority registration

But, if you do cs first you can much more badass stuff for the military

>military
if you want to be a useless shit living from government handouts just become a neet

>trying to study CS
>it's all basically maths

>trying to study CS
>its all basic math

ftfy user

>get a cs degree with security focus
>work for cia or nsa

Don't know about murica, but where I live the military is constantly searching for IT people.

It's basic but the university I go to makes it really complicated because there are too many students

Why do bongs insist on pluralizing math?

>go to military college
>major in CS
>receive commission upon graduation.

>study CS
>server management and programming paradigms are interesting and exactly what I wanted to learn
>meanwhile maths is so uninteresting that I can't even be bothered to study and will probably fail, even though I've never had problems with maths

The military nowadays is only good at convincing you that you should kill yourself
If you're contemplating it now but feel to afraid or weak to do it, then joining the military will give you just the right amounts of delusional perspective and willpower to carry it out. Just look at the results, they speak for themselves. My buddy was a marine officer who killed himself just last week and he didn't even see combat! So if that sounds right for you then join the military

>server management
>interesting

tfw i had a scholarship to westpoint but can't join army b/c of diabetes

life is unfair.

>Is software development a dead end, or is Sup Forums being hyperbolic?
>in 'murica?

America is flooded with H1B visas for the work that hasn't already been outsourced to India and China.

>inb4 i make great money doing some fucking thing i think makes me irreplaceable

The IT market is skitzo. You're either killing it or you're working your ass of for shit. Which is typical for any market flooded by desperate foreigners.

But it's not stable in the long term. Not even for those who think they are irreplaceable. That doesn't mean you can't succeed. But when you compare it to a lot of other, more stable career options it doesn't look good.

A Trump presidency might change this if he's serious about limiting outsourcing and immigration.

Security and cryptography is for uber autists with schizophrenia, shit is completely bananas.

I like Trump because he's a very rare honest politician. I don't trust him like any politician, but I rather have him as president.

How hard is learning cryptography?

>CS, military is for welfare queens.
Agree senpai, anyway, why are you fighting for rich fucks and happy merchant user?

>learning to code on my own
>mom threatens to cut off my tendies
>only have two months before I starve to death

You sound like a stupid idiot that can't cut it in life and needs to be on welfare. The military is perfect for you.

i dont want to kill myself asshole

modular and boolean arithmetic

So then CS it is! Now you can move on with your life.

>reads one sentence
>concludes a psychoanalysis of me

very smart, DICKHEAD

You fucking faggots, the military is saving your asses from foreign invasion. Be thankful you ungrateful fucks.

>saving your asses from foreign invasion
Nice meme. In the meantime, they literally don't.

Join the Air Force or Navy, do your 4 years and enjoy the GI bills.

Top kek, I guess Iraq was invading us n' shit. There is no more USSR more desu

Do 6 years

>the military is saving your asses from foreign invasion

Maybe if they were deployed on the southern border.

You're a frogposter, so there's no way you'll get into any uniformed organisation, never mind the armed forces.

Rubbish. Thanks for your second hand perspective and hearsay, civvy.