/tdg/ Terry Davis General

Terry Davis General /tdg/

>Invited his own programming language to build his own compiler, assembler and operating system.

>professional operating system developer at age 20, working in VAX assembly language on Ticketmaster's operating system.

>Holds a bachelor’s and Master's degree electrical engineering

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TempleOS
templeos.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=KupeCyy2ws4

>TempleOS is a free, public domain, open source, x86_64, non-preemptive multi-tasking, multi-cored, ring-0-only, single-address-map (identity mapped), non-networked, PC operating system. Paging is, basically, not used.

>inb4 mentioning why TempleOS doesn't have networking or access to GPUs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hxyiafJ7CeQ
reddit.com/user/TempleOS_Terry_Davis
youtu.be/fgh009mhIlM?t=276
youtube.com/watch?v=29g4e-0WYKk
youtube.com/watch?v=vakWMNA1oWc
youtube.com/watch?v=-KayTqsCi6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What bothers me about his videos is he never explains what God just said to him.

No!

Just NO!

I was so gald when his ugly face was pushed off the board and now you have to open a new thread with EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING SMUG FACE.

Unlink yourself.

>Invited his own programming language to build his own compiler, assembler and operating system.
>professional operating system developer at age 20, working in VAX assembly language on Ticketmaster's operating system.
if you can't do this stuff then you don't deserve to call yourself a "programmer"

genius worship is bad enough as it is, but worshiping a racist mentally ill geriatric is even worse

I still hear his bird in my head

Religion OS... Hell no...

Kek

Can't get vmware to stretch the resolution on linux, anyone figure out how?.

He sometimes admits that he can't. I was watching a livestream when he asked god about Isotopes and he got a random bible verse back and said "uhh well I can't really see what that has to do with isotopes whatever" and moved on.

So much this.

Fuck off my man

literally >>>/reddit/

holy shit I thought it was a dog being killed at first, then read that it was a bird. Annoying little shit needs to die.

Had to do some trickery where id set it to full screen, under view->autosize choose a different setting, and then change back to stretch.

No idea why it doesn't work for windowed.

>racist
Kill yourself nigger

Why is there a general dedicated to a person? What the fuck?

Back to Sup Forums, cunt.

He is God's programmer.

>those brief moments where you see his outbox
>he emails physics girl 10 times a day every single day, has for years
>Dianna never replies

>if you don't invent a programming language and compiler by 20 you're not a "programmer"

Guess that counts out you, me, and everyone else on this board.

It's some autist [spoiler] Terry Davis [/spoiler] trying to enforce a discussion.

fuck you cia niggers. fuck off niggers of cia.

>Unlink yourself
Is this how sysadmins swear?

Why does it matter when you just talk to God directly yourself

>ring 0 only
So dumb

>implying God's instructions are dumb

Take your fucking lithium and fuck off, also fix your schizo teeth

>by 20
why the fuck does that matter? your brain is fully developed at that age.

at 12, maybe I'd be impressed, but I'm also certain most people here with the proper support and circumstances would also manage it.

>please fuck me in the ass mister genius overlord writing assembly is so abstract and esoteric :(((

Bretty interesting chap

Because Terry Davis is better than that fucking autistic commie Sup Forums worships.

Neck yourself you fucking degenerate

vice article on him is bretty gud.

not posting it, since by you reading this message i assume you have access to the internet and can look for it yourself

I laugh my ass off every time he rants about niggers on reddit.

You jelly, scrub?

Davis is an inconsequential and repulsive man and so are you

no but it's incredibly obvious that you envy the man.

if you had any clue how any of this shit works, you would not. end of the line.

/thread

Terry is a genius. We need a sticky change

Ah, Terry Davis... the man is a complete weirdo.

But he's a special type of weirdo. He's that kind of psychotic mind that takes his weirdness to the utmost level and makes everything in such a unblemished way that you're eternally left in wonder, not really sure if he's a complete genius or a total wacko. Thing is, he's not your usual wacko. I mean, the man just canalizes all the unconscious energy of his religious mind into an actual functioning operating system. It's sheer stupid geniality at its finest. He might as well be called the Jesus of the command line, or the Moses of the keyboard, "opening his path through the red sea of data".

I swear one day, one fucking day, an entire religion venerating this Man as a sacred prophet will be conceived and spread out to the world that needs His guidance. We're in the digital era and therefore I proclaim we need a digital religion to fulfill our miserable lives.

B A S E D

I call bullshit

You forgot a few OP

>Bat shit insane paranoid schizophrenic

>40 year old unemployed man collecting Social Security checks

This.

This guy is the definition of savantism:
A genius at one specific field and hoplessly retarded when it comes to the rest.

Guys, this man needs our help, not having someone encouraging his disorders. Cut the shit please.

Based Terry.

I want my iTemple too.

There is not rest for the wicked ones.

Isn't that the definition of autism?

>Lithium
>Schizophrenia
Ayy you're stupid.

What's your ethnicity? And how old are you? Well you don't have to answer the second because you wont do it honestly, but I'm curious

I'd have an easier time following a religion of Terry as opposed to the major religions of today

ya boi is streaming now

You can hidevthreads you don't want to see. You could even create a filter to automatically hide threads based on your criteria.

As for Terry, I like him.

Someone born in 1969 is not geriatric, my child.

LIVE STREAM

GET IN HERE G

why is he just sitting there and making grimaces?

god damn that bird

Someone post the thread there. Get him here

>inb4 mentioning why TempleOS doesn't have networking or access to GPUs
Those both seem pretty important.

I'm Portuguese. Why do you ask?

MORE IMPORTANT THEN GOD'S (I.E. ELOHIM/YHWA) WORD?

Terry?

To worship god of course and to be sure that no external sources affect the random output. Also intended as a programmers toybox.

Blow me...not gonna use religion OS. Fuck that shit.

Good now go away

Thats one happy guy

it's really you!

Head the fuck back fedora, Sup Forums is a Christian website you piece of shit.

reddit.com/user/TempleOS_Terry_Davis

He's actually insane.

What a cool dude

Why doesn't he comment his source code.

>Invited
IT'S INVENTED & NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT TERRY'S AIDS MACHINE SINCE IT REQUIRES PARAMETERS THAT AREN'T WORTH MY CONFIGURATION!

Terry is such a feminine name.

He should have named his OS CuckOS.

Why does Sup Forums love eccentric "smart" people?
This is the same shit as Shinichi Mochizuki.

My guess is because the majority of them can relate, or at least Sup Forums
>never leaves house
>sits at computer all day
>unemployed
>has a companion (bird)
>some form of mental disorder

I want to conclude that I'm not bashing Terry, I think his work is very impressive. he's a big guy

No one is asking you to use it, in fact we are asking you to leave, we don't care about your opinion, don't try to prove you are right as we are not seeking the truth, we are genuinly interested in this man and his project, we made this to discuss doubts and to make up stories, we know what we want. what about you? shitpost, useless comment no one likes "not gonna uz et " like if we cared what some random loser with no talents or something interesting does with his pathetic life.

Dude lol. You believe in God? What a retard...

1.- Sup Forums is a website
2.- Websites aren't people, they don't have personal interests
3.- In case you meant the people behind Sup Forums, again you are wrong
4.- That's not how you spell excentric

1. This is Reddit
2. I shill meme and ideologies here
3. I am Terry
4. 1+1 = 3

I was checking his youtube channel the whole day yesterday. Today I wake up and I see 7 new videos. His schedule is so messed.

Dude, you should've said he "gparted the red sea"

>youtu.be/fgh009mhIlM?t=276

What did he mean by this?

i'm just legitimately sad for him, i can't put it in words

Gosh, get a better keyboard..

*klonck, klonck, klonck*

that keyboard is relaxing though

Shinichi isnt even eccentric, his work is. And only because "in" it he's talking about things beyond this universe.
Anyway, its probably because its like welcoming aliens except the aliens manifested from our coil and are not in fact aliens but the key to transcending the limit we categorized for ourselves as a species.

Why not use a modular form? You could do it with a double.

somewhat not related, but, anyone know what his diet is like? whether he is or isnt on medication he must need a certain kind of diet to keep coding as he does. He seems pretty slim too but never malnourished.

As it is, I myself eat noodles, sandwiches, steak and tacos with the occassional fruit and real fruit juice. Soda too, of course. But maybe he's got a snack that keeps him from an imbalance or something, I dont need the brand, just wanna know what helps his digestive system stay so cooly. He seems to just exhale gas away and doesnt use glasses though I can see he squints at times. That diet has got to be something I could learn from.

your diet is fucking wretched, you are a sick, ugly person.

save me
unsheathe your sword

cut the bologna

lol

good thread 9/11 would read again

Read code not comments

only people who write shitty code have to comment it, maybe except some really necessarily obscure parts

This is bad advice. Commenting is always good in general. If you are experienced enough to understand all your code within years of distance, then you *could* not comment it at all, if not for few lines.

However this is hardly the case, especially among us. Comments are always fine as long as they are not redundant and they document _why_ or _how_, not _what_.

Here are some of my favorite videos of Terry's. He's fully based.

youtube.com/watch?v=29g4e-0WYKk

youtube.com/watch?v=vakWMNA1oWc

And of course, this one, which explains what the CIA wants:

youtube.com/watch?v=-KayTqsCi6A

Also pic related, TempleOS has some really comfy games. It's comfy all around, like an 80's home computer.

He does comment his code where necessary.

Notice his variable and function names are designed to be readable.

Terry's a master of his craft.

No he's right though that diet is not good at all.

my sides

Back on topic, anybody else here *USER DEVELOPER?*