Who here has made the switch from Android to phone or vice versa? How was it...

Who here has made the switch from Android to phone or vice versa? How was it? I'm thinking in going to finally move from Android to iphone. Lagdroid is ridiculous

I did. Went from Android to iOS. Made me realize that Android is actually quite close and in some regards better, but I still enjoy the iOS experience more.

I switched from iPhone 4s to a Nexus 4 then back from a One m8 to iPhone 6s.

I miss android. iOS is very boring to me. The main advantage is when you pull out your iPhone in public people regard you as a civilized human being vs some kind of mongrel.

Following android used to be like a hobby of mine but since I got the iphone 6+ I just don't have to worry about it anymore. I think something about the camera processing fucks up the quality on snapchat and instagram for android users. That's pretty much it. I miss the storage space.

Went from an S3 to an iPhone 5S, best choice I ever made.

When you have to actually work and use your phone for your job and you arent a manchild that can spend hours customizing it, iOS is the way to go. And it really highlights how laggy android is, even on my 5S now being 2 generations behind and about to be 3, it still runs perfect and still gets updates on day 1. Literally no complaints.

Android is for children and poor people. I know it's a meme on Sup Forums but it's true. I've never met an adult that wears a suit that has an android phone.

I don't get this whole fiasco of people using iOS just to impress people and appear cool, stylish etc. Do you live to impress some strangers in hope of getting laid or what? Any other reason to use iOS is perfectly okay except this one. I believe there are phones more expensive3 than iPhone.

Been using Android since the G1, switched from the OnePlus One to the iPhone 6.
no regrets, iOS is nice.
Next time I buy an iphone, i'll get the 64 GB model though.

>The main advantage is when you pull out your iPhone in public people regard you as a civilized human being vs some kind of mongrel.
>being this insecure with yourself

I'm using an iPhone temporarily since my Android died on me. I prefer Android by far.

Considering Sony for the next one since I hate Motorola and Samsung and I'm wary about LG now. Well, I tried out an S7 not too long ago and it wasn't awful, so maybe in the future S7 or later will be an option.

I did switch to iOS. It is a way better operating system.

got an android, then an iphone 4, it was comfy in some aspects but a real pain in the ass when i was trying to manage music, also i already had lots of records from al ROM's i played emulated in my android, so im glad im back to it with a Galasxy S4 Active

Do they point and laugh at you when you pull an Android phone out or something?

Get a Nexus phone, they're as reliable and smooth as iPhones, minus the crippling updates

>first week of college as a freshman
>hitting on a girl
>going better than expected
>tell her to put her number in my phone, she says yes
>pull out my phone so she can do if
>she says "eww you have an android? never mind" and walks away
>bought an iPhone as soon as I could and got her number
>haven't had trouble since

>Things that could have happened but never did because you're too much of a pussy cunt to talk to them.

I got some bitches purely by my talking skills you fucking permavirgin.

Made it a long ago after 5+ years on Android.
Power user also.
Made the switch to iPhone 6s and I'm not willing to look back at android again. Ask me whatever you want related to the switch.

>things that never happened

>implying I'm not capable of talking to any woman who isn't my mom
not everyone on Sup Forums is an autistic man baby.

people view androids as phones for poor people. they always have, and they always will. I've seen people get rejected plenty of times because they had an Android instead of an iPhone. nobody wants to associate themselves with a poor person

I switched from an iPhone 4S to android and it felt like a huge upgrade. App market seems much more complete, SD cards and whatever. Switching to CM was another nice upgrade.

how do you deal with less storage, and storage that can't be increased unless you wanna throw an extra hundred dollar bill at apple?

I'm taking up nearly 80gb at the moment and that's just from apps, pictures, videos, and music. Storage is really my main concern

Keep living in your fantasy land

In the real world nobody gives a shit outside of ratchet hoes

I was talking about college girls, also known as ratchet hoes. I go to an incredibly preppy university too so people are materialistic as fuck.

I have to add I made the switch after having a Nexus 6P 3 days and decided that even with a flagship Android had its drawbacks, like:

- I couldn't root because to root I had either to unlock the bootloader making the anti-theft feature useless or installing a chink root (no way in fucking hell I'd give root to the chinese).
- Having laughlably bad stutters with games, tried the Antutu 3d test and it stuttered like hell. The 6S ranked 2x more in performance too in that ranking.
- 3 gigs of ram and had a poorer multitasking experience than with 2gb in my 6s
- The camera API in iPhone is unified, meaning that if I use any program to filter photos, etc, I have access to Apple drivers. With Android third parties dont have access to laser autofocus, etc, I.E. if I use whatsapp to take a photo and not the official camera app.
- Apps are more polished, run faster
- Ad Blocking baked in the OS
- F.lux function called nightshift baked in the OS
- Audio production apps (Caustic and shit like that in android are fucking terrible)
- Smaller
- I have better battery in a fucking 1700 mah 6S one than in a fucking 3000 mah battery. Fuck Doze and that shit. Fuck backing Kernels and ROMs made by Poos in Loos.
- 3D Touch is VERY useful

Yeah maybe that's why I'm enjoying iOS. I don't have so much storage requirements. I have the 64 gigs one and I don't even take 15 gb of it.
I mainly use Spotify for music, and I storage a couple of videos from lessons I take and PDFs. I take photos twice a week and that's it.

Op here same feeling I had the Nexus 6p too it isn't anything great honestly the updates are security patches so far nothing major I couldn't care less about Android n. Doze hasn't really done anything for me either it still gets 3 hours SOT barely 4.

Maybe the Nexus 6P just has a shit battery. I get 6 hours SoT.

I can't even imagine using crapple anything again. Android is far superior in all aspects. All Apple doors is to keep rolling out essentially the same device every 6 months, maybe making one or two slight modifications and people are dumb enough to keep buying these "new" devices. With android you have so many device options and the software is highly configurable.

Got a HTC Magic when it first came out, was shit. Switched to a hand-me-down iPhone 4s about 5 years ago and it's served me well, all around tighter built OS. If I ever felt the need to upgrade again though, I'd probably give android another try. Can't possibly still be as shit as cupcake and donut were, and it'd be a welcome reprieve from the nightmare that is iTunes.

Android still works without customizing it, but if you want you can do that. And you are the manchild because you judge people like that just by their phones.

Well there's your problem, that hardly counts as the real world

I went Android to iOS.

Both iOS and Android have their good parts and their flaws.

For example, Apple really needs to fucking get consistent design language for app UXs. Every motion does something different depending on the app it feels like. Jailbreaking it gives me nearly the same amount of control as having a rooted Android so it mostly came down to me having a Macbook already and it integrating well with that. I have the habit of leaving me phone lying around in other rooms so being able to pic up a call on my laptop is pretty great.

>I'm thinking in going to finally move from Android to iphone.
It takes a big boy to admit he's a retard and can't handle a real phone.

Switched from a HTC G2 aka Desire Z (rip keyboard phones) to an iPhone 5 and will switch to whatever Nexus gets released in 2016.

both were great phones to be honest until HTC started fucking up by lying about a 4.0 update (will never buy an HTC again) and Apple started fucking up by offloading their codebase to Pajeets and their interface design to faggots

>Android still works without customizing it
It really doesn't. The defaults are disgusting and the lag makes it unusable.

ITT: people learn that different tools work better or worse for different people.

Stop using shitty ROMs made by Samsung

everyone that says iPhones are shit never used one.

After using one I could never be happy with android again. Its literally a perfect phone unless youre autistic Sup Forums poster because it does everything a normal people needs better than android.

Far superior UI and software updates really do it for me.

>iPhone
nice meme

he did it again

absolute madman

>iPhone
nice meme

I'm considering switching. I've only ever had Android phones, and one blackberry and one windows phone. If I do get an iPhone, it'll be in a year or later because I've only had my Nexus 6p for less than 6 months.

Went from iOS to Android a few years back. The customization right out of the box just feels better for me.

However, I do miss some apps and games, and iOS does feel a bit more polished. But now that I'm older i don't need those games and bells/whistles, and am quite content in playing emulators and some other smaller games on a phone that, while is significantly cheaper, runs about as fast as my last iPhone.

i used have one
just the fact that it doesn't have a back button makes it inferior to any android device

>implying swipe to return isnt 100x better than back button

top pleb

>gesture shit

Fuck off millennial.

>swiping
fuck no
there is always the danger to misclick something

But it is better.

Fuck off with your chinese cartoon shit

>swipe
Fuck off iToddler.

>i never used an iPhone

I switched from android to windows. Never had iphone but android just get slow after a while.

This

And hard press on the edge to multi task is a lot better than the multitasking button.

>tfw androidplebs will never know the feeling of 3d touch

I did, from xperia z3 compact (marshmallow concept) to iphone 5 with iOS 6. Everything's better! It looks so much more beautiful, the animations are fast and never stutter and it's nice to be in one 'ecosystem' (i use OS X [hackintosh]), even though it's just a meme.

>I switched from android to windows
u w0t m8

I went iPhone 4S > HTC One M8 > S6 (Mistake) > S7

I have zero faults with the S7, it's been a fantastic phone.

Android to Windows.

>S6 > S7
But they're literally the same phone.

>Being a weeaboo
Self hating millenial detected

I switch between a 2nd gen moto x and iphone 6s. I like everything about the iphone except no jailbreak for tethering and no bluetooth controller support.

In name alone maybe yeah.

>Better processor
>Better camera
>Better battery life
>More RAM
>SD card and water resistance back

I went from a Nexus 5 to an iPhone SE mostly because it wasn't too expensive and I don't do much with my phone.
I appreciate the size, and I guess iMessage is neat since everyone and their brother seems to own some iPhone variant nowadays but really I'm neither here nor there on it. It's just a phone.

>android is better
>still love dick
americucks in a nutshell.

>argument for android
She sounds like a bitch

I'm the only one who posted facts that android fans can't deny and, well, they didn't even tried to reply.

IPhone masterrace

Not original guy, but I went for a 64GB model, which is all I need. I know it stings, but lagdroid would sting me every day.

I use iCloud photos so there's never a problem with photos taking up space. It stores a specific amount (I'd guess it's proportional to your free space as my old 32GB phone always had 7GB free with a 12,000 photo library) of photos on the phone and low-res ones of your entire album locally (with the full-res version in the cloud) that download quickly when you go into the photo. It's great.
Other than that, I don't have any games installed. I use PDFs, which take up little space.
The rest is taken up by Spotify and Podcasts. If you're storing hundreds of albums on the go with Spotify, really have a think to see if you need all of those and just download a few dozen albums at a time. I have about 60 albums at any one time on the phone and I will add 10 and drop 10 every month or so.

Switching from the 4S to the 6S like I did would feel like a bigger upgrade.
Of course a modern Android phone will outclass a 4S.

Switch back when you're tired of dodgy Chinese apps and botnet.

>>gesture shit
>Fuck off millennial.
Smartphones are millennial devices, you fucking moron.

>Be on Android for years
>Get a cheap ipad air 2
>It does literally nothing
>All of Google's apps are better
>And free
>its just an expensive internet browser

Never ever again

>Do they point and laugh at you when you pull an Android phone out or something?
Yes

>If I do get an iPhone, it'll be in a year or later because I've only had my Nexus 6p for less than 6 months.
Well you could put it up online and see how much you could get for it. You might get all but $100 back on the phone.

Nope.
Just nobody took the bait. Nice try though.

I went from iPhone 5S to Redmi Note 3 Pro and so fat android feels much more useful. Why are you using a 3 years old phone btw? Are you poor or some shit?

>Free
Not really. Google offers their services for free because you are the product. They sell your information.

Still lags

*So far
Lol

>He doesn't know Apple complies with more government data requests than Google

I could, but I don't have any major issues with this phone. I'm content using my 6p until the next iPhone or even the one after that comes out.

You're not even aware that your data is being harvested by Google.
I'd rather pay Apple for my services, knowing they're not selling my data on.

Went from iphone 5 to nexus. I had huge doubts because of lag issues that android phones have. So far can't complain, pure android works like a charm. My only complain is that certain apps don't work as good as on ios are less polished.

Always wait for the S cycle of the iPhone.

iPhones 4S, 5S and 6S are the best phones they've made.

There's always teething problems with a new major release. Bendgate for the 6, the antenna problem for the 4.

That problem exists on every platform. iirc the NSA even tracks the metadata for in game chat services because terrorists use them since they think the obscurity will keep them safe. But I was talking more about corporate stuff. Google's whole business model is selling advertising. They give away their services so that you use them and they can build a more accurate profile for you to show you more tailored ads. For me personally, I'd rather just pay for a service than have it be subsidized by advertisers.

>millennial
What shit generation are you from? One that makes up clickbaity words like millennial.

All these people saying Android lags just tells me they don't look after their fucking phone. You're telling me you can use a computer just fine with Linux but you can't clear out the cache and shut down background apps on your phone? I have never had screen lag or app lag on any modern Android phone

Android is written in Java.
It never had a chance, baby.

>I'd rather pay Apple for my services, knowing they're not selling my data on.
LMAO
M
A
O

>Clutching at straws.
I suppose you need to allay that anxiety about Google knowing about all your fetishes.

It depends a lot on the manufacturer as well. A few people mentioned switching from the 6p ITT and I myself have one and it occasionally lags, so I'm starting to suspect the optimization or drivers or something is just bad on this phone.

>apple doesn't harvest data
that would explain why siri is such a shit show.

>iToddler defending his botnet
>thinks i use any botnet services or even have botnet store installed
lmao

I dont believe anyone who says android lags owns or owned or.

Or that they did, but were too incompetent to not install bloat on it, and rely on iphones limitations to stop themselves from self destructing their own devices.

Android is bloat.

Delete it.

Basically

It is million times better than retarded back button.

There's also a large portion switching from $100 phones to $800 phones screeching LOL LAGDROID BTFO

>iToddler
>thinks his opinion matters

>he doesn't know Google doesn't even get government data requests because they sent the data preemptively

>clearing caches and micromanaging tasks on a phone
>having a phone with an OS running in a VM and with garbage collection baked in, in the first place
the struggle is real

I used to have a very shitty Android phone, one day some gifted me an iPhone 5. I was blown away by how smooth it was, but then I got a proper Android phone and it was just as smooth, plus I could use it as a flash drive. So as far as I'm concerned, Android is superior.

>I dont believe anyone who says android lags owns or owned or.
I don't believe you were born before 2000

#
Must be AMDrone as they usually clutch at straws. Also that is easy to turn off and it got "fixed" very shortly

#
#
Rather he be iToddler than gargantuan fucking retard. Fuck you are so stupid, how did it feel to be born into this world from ass?

Go back to Sup Forums and take your god damn faggy cartoons with you

Iphone 3G to see what it was all about.
Wasn't impressed and went back to nokia's on tracfone.
Last year I bought an LG G2 and was a hassle to carry around and canceled my service.
Now rocking an LG feature phone on tracfone.

LG G2 is regulated to shitposting on the toilet and jabber chats.

>shit apps
>shit UI
>slower
>no updates
>superior

>muh flash drive

lmao