What are decent gaming laptops these days? I haven't shopped around for a laptop in a long time

What are decent gaming laptops these days? I haven't shopped around for a laptop in a long time.

Yes, I know, gaming + laptop is dumb. I already have a PC I built at home with a 980ti and 6700K so I don't need this to be top end, pushing VR sort of thing. I'm leaving the country for 3 months for work and I won't be able to haul my desktop and a few monitors with me, so I'd like to get something portable I can at least play Rust/Overwatch/etc on. I've got an Asus G75VW-AS71 that is 4 years old (660M card). I don't think it will be able to really run any modernish games so I'm hoping to be able to snag something decent before I head out there.

Say no more senpai

warning,indian telemarketer detected

MacBook Pro

>gaming on a laptop
What for Peggle?

I'm actually curious about something really worth buying in the 800-1200 range capable of playing overwatch, csgo, etc on decent settings

Yeah I second that

MSI GE60

Those should run on a 660M. They won't run at max settings but if you want a laptop that can do that your price floor is ~$2000.

That said if you do have $2000+ to spend on a laptop, get a Clevo with a full MXM 980 (not the 980m).

>decent gaming laptops
No. Just buy whatever is cheap. Lenovo is usually alright.

Cheap won't beat a 660M.

T460p la

>gayming laptop

I have an Acer aspire v15 nitro. Cost me $1k although you could get one for slightly less than that. Has a 960m 4g and can run most things nicely, except for Rust, unless you play it in a low resolution at lowest settings in 4:3 format (Rust is still un-optimized).

You cannot use a laptop for gaming. The cpu throttling will kick in once the laptop hits 90 degrees and your i7 quad core will suddenly drop to 33% along with your frame rate.

Don't spend more than 200$ on a laptop, plz

Rumours are the 1000 series will being desktop like performance so I would wait just a little bit

wait for mobile pascal if you really want to do this

ebay is where

i have a piece of garbage from acer with a gtx850m and darksouls 3 runs smooth on on high as long as reflections are on low, get consistent 55-60fps with any moba, can run games like metro last light on full. only real issue is heat but with it propped up and a shitty fan behind it i average 65* playing ds3.

payed 650 new and only hardware issue ive had in the past 2 years was the headphone jack getting fucked, which was my fault.

Unfortunately my trip cant wait as its for work and I'm leaving in 3 weeks

Maybe the Dell 7559?

$800 on Amazon gets you the i5 and 960m with 4 gigs, seems like good enough for those games

>gaming on a laptop
>gaming on a PC
>gaming at all