>hurrrrrrr is x a meme XDD

fuck off retard

Good idea in concept but
>fucking up colour accuracy on a calibrated monitor
only good if you're some basic computer user that does nothing graphically

>ask question
>greeted with autistic spergout

Take your pills.

Fuck no, it's the only way I can get a decent night's sleep.

Darkroom mode master race.

>go on Sup Forums
>see yet another cancerous thread that could have been been made better by asking a question like a normal person

Take cyanide.

they give kids ritalin now. he already took his pills.

true tone display >> all

android/windows fags BTFO

how you want your color accuracy? JUST

Hot.

This is a work-safe board, user.

No? I don't think so, ive actually noticed I can fall asleep easier since I use my PC at night

lol

Helped with headaches, placebo or not, so I'll keep using it.

The vast majority of people who use computers in a dimly lit room probably aren't using it for color editing work.
For everyone else, it's easy enough to temporarily disable, or exit out of entirely.

It's definitely easier on my eyes. I use something similar on my phone (CyanogenMod's built in) and Linux. I don't know if it's helping me to fall asleep faster, but as I said, my eyes aren't all fucked up.

Same here. I swear to god my sleep improved when I started using it.

Although:
>Darkroom mode
I re-downloaded f.lux to put on my laptop and I only now noticed that this mode isn't available now. Did they remove it?

Also, is there not a f.lux for Xubuntu, or am I was I just being retarded when I tried to install it on my Linux machine? (total noob).

>installed this shit
>computer never woke up from standby
>uninstalled this shit

OC. I gimped that shit up, just for you.

Yes.

Flux's development is based on a great deal of research. You can access it on their site. Whether the effects are worth it for you is a personal matter. I think circadian rhythm lighting/dimming is going to pop up in many places within the next few decades. Even today, it's getting built into iOS and android.

It will take a while for LED light-bulbs to mimic this effect while remaining cheap enough for homes.

Yes, it's a meme. But it's a good meme!

I use redshift for linux. It doesn't have as many features but it does the same thing.

Blue light doesn't help your bodie's sleep cycle, especially when you are using your phone/desktop before you go to sleep

Thanks bro. I know there are a lot of knockoff programs that don't really have the same effect (EasyEyes on Android, for example), but I will give this a shot.

Yeah, redshift is solid, recommended

I'm using this in my office. Feels good. It doesn't really make my hurt while doing officework.

use it for 3 hours and then randomly disable it, that will tell you enough

It helps me sleep.
ymmv.

Very few people have calibrated monitors, and no one has calibrated eyes.

I just lowered all my monitors' brightnesses to the lowest value and I have zero eye strain.

If it is, it's a damn good one.

The theory checks out. The implementation? I dunno. It doesn't seem to slowly change colours as indicated by the day/night cycle graph, it doesn't adjust the day/night cycle for where you are on the globe (or not accurately), and when it does change between day/night, it slows down everything on my computer.
Feels like f.lux could be MUCH better.

>it doesn't adjust the day/night cycle for where you are on the globe (or not accurately)

of course it doesn't automatically detect where you are.

you put in your location with GPS coordinates, or name a nearby city.

>and when it does change between day/night, it slows down everything on my computer.
s/computer/potato/, apparently

>you put in your location with GPS coordinates, or name a nearby city.
I did, and it's barely accurate. It doesn't seem to update for time of year or anything.
>s/computer/potato/, apparently
As shit as my laptop is, it's still capable of running many modern games. Yet somehow when f.lux does its thing, EVERYTHING else on my computer has to wait for it to finish.

I think my point still stands; it feels like f.lux could be MUCH better.

If it was something good or needed it would have been built into Windows 10 by now, but its not and its bloatware botnet trash that just fucks up your colors.

>implying

Cyanogenmod just got a feature built called LiveDisplay.
I am loving it.
Does the same thing as f.lux.

Twilight does the job pretty well for me.

>20Mb memory reserved
>6 threads
yeah I bet it's totally flux making your potato slow down, dad

It's not when it's idling it's when it transitions.

it does make for easier viewing at night, try it for a while, if you don't notice the difference, uninstall it

Install redshift and redshift-gtk (needed to have a tray icon) from the official repositories. Just type in sudo apt-get install redshift redshift-gtk

The real question is, is it a botnet?

>le meme
Just try using it and then turning it off

It helps my eyes NOT scorch off when I turn on my computer at night so ya, it's not a meme.

>>ask question
Where

>Is this a meme?
Yes, a dank one. Install it now.

Why don't you put a Red Cello fin transparent paper on top of the screen ?

"redshift -O colortemp:colortemp"
e.g. "redshift -O 2000:2000"

Nice red tinted screen that doesn't automatically change. that's how I use it.

You're a fuckwit

Poor man's gunnars

quality thread.
good work, Sup Forums

>be me
>Playing vidya
>F.lux turns on
>Frames drop so hard I die
>Uninstall because I never use it anyways

It works, esp. when I read on my devices before going to bed. Sadly redshift on my laptop isn't as good as f.lux.

>le meme meme
kys

Does it actually help with melatonin production? I don't know.

Does it make my phone screen a hell of a lot easier to look at in a dimly lit environment? It sure does.

Windows version is pretty shitty and lacks features. OSX has a mode where you can set it up so it gives you notifications based on when you're supposed to wake up and shit like that. It feels as though this software has been made for OSX and not Windows.

no need to apt install both, just installing redshift-gtk will install redshift obviously ;)

I found that switching to the hour-long transition helped with performance, but yeah I'm familiar with the slowdown. Apps like these would run better if they ran at a lower level.

For ubuntu fags:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/flux
sudo apt update
sudo apt install fluxgui

F-for me?

HOW DO I FUCKING STOP THE WHITE COLORS ON YOUTUBE VIDEOS FROM BLINDING ME ON OS X

Those are big breasts.

Its already baked into iOS, and I think its going to be in android soon too

I have a shitty Dell laptop with the color accuracy of a mutt. This thing is a godsend for pulling all-nighters.

f.lux works perfectly on wine

is everything a meme to you idiots?

>greeted with autistic spergout
>Is this a meme?

samefag

Buy these ones from Amazon, not gunnar though. But as I see my eyes turns out to be less stressed at the end of the day