Burned-out on startup

I got hired a bit less than a month ago at some startup and I am already burned out as fuck. It's my first programming job, I have always worked independently before.

One thing that sucks the most is that my boss likes to command me and the other two engineers to do shit, but he himself doesn't take any initiative into the idea. He expects stuff to happen, but he himself lacks perspective on the project.

Is this normal for programming jobs/startups, or did I just get an unlucky hand? The other two engineers are great guys, but the boss sucks and it makes so much stress and burnout.

Wat do? I want to work and can do good work, I just can't do /his/ idea of work. Maybe if he had some kind of ideals.. thanks bros

Its a Start up. What did you expect? You shouldn't sorry though, it will be out oft business in a few weeks anyways

Get a real job at a real company

Jonny?

the kind of personality it takes to begin a startup is that of someone who thinks he knows everything better than all his previous employers, who he no doubt clashed with regularly before quitting and making the startup. i guess the best you can do is get lucky with one that at least does know a lot instead of just thinking they do

Welcome to the real world.
As the saying goes, you never quit a job, you quit a boss.
Anywhere you go, especially as a code-monkey, you're going to have shit management.

Get him to hire a (competent) supervisor/manager for you guys, preferable one with a programming background, so instead of micro-managing you 3, stressing you 3 out, and decreasing the quality of the work, you instead have a supervisor who nods his head and shakes his hand and is his friend, tells ya'll what he wants, assigns it fairly and timelines it with other requests, and everybody is happy.

We got funded 200 000€ from the EU for free and another 300 000€ loan, so try a year instead.

I mean we will be profitable by then if I just fight the burn, but how can I? It's so toxic feeling and makes nothing go on. I just want to survive and get my paycheck and not suicide.

>he himself lacks perspective on the project
Then your boss is shit. Welcome to the club.

How are your coworkers reacting? Are they close to their limits too, or still doing fine?

>We got funded 200 000€ from the EU for free and another 300 000€ loan, so try a year instead.
>I mean we will be profitable by then if I just fight the burn, but how can I? It's so toxic feeling and makes nothing go on. I just want to survive and get my paycheck and not suicide.
no - he did. you only get what you are paid.

Say yes to whatever he says. Then ignore it and do it your way. If he lingers at your elbow, stop, say nothing, make eye contact, give him a thousand yard stare until he fucks off. Repeat. You'll either eventually be left alone to get real work done, or you'll be fired. If you get fired, you will collect unemployment while looking for your next job. Startups are too small to have a HR department so you can milk this shit.

So your shitty boss gets my taxes? Thats why the EU has to die

Startups are almost always bad to work for unless it's something you believe in and desire to do. In this case it's just a bad boss though.

Yeah! Daniel?

NO your lazy boss got the money, there is a reason he uses you like a slave....
because you are a slave a wageslave

learn to read

Yeah, because incentivising people to make businesses and provide employment is bad. Only established groups should be able to start new businesses and no one new should ever be able to do it.

why isn't he in prison?

The Person who got the money is obviously not able to lead a company. Why should be a gold thing to drain money into useless people?

Whats the salary if you dont mind me asking?

that's not my name. But it is the name of the incompetent owner of the company

>giving incompetent people money is good

ben gerrison bails him out everytime they go niggerhunting.

OP doesn't answer. He's probably killed himself by now.

fooob
This album sucks btw except for tracks 2 and 3

nice

wrong thread , soz OP

>working for a start up
wew

Does one of the engineers look like this?

>Assuming he's incompetent because one user finds it difficult to work under him after having worked for him for one month
Yeah, that's more than enough evidence for me. Scrap the project, that company will never pay taxes and will never generate any revenue for the European Union or an other form of government.