Hey Sup Forums, I'm going here for the first time tomorrow. I'm buying components to build my first diy desktop...

Hey Sup Forums, I'm going here for the first time tomorrow. I'm buying components to build my first diy desktop. Wish me luck

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/site/products/amd_bundles.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good luck

why not just order from newegg?

better deals and better bundle deals. Some times you can buy a processor and get a motherboard for $10

Kinda nervous, since its my first build. I'd rather pay the small amount of gas money to drive 30 minutes away rather than paying the shipping costs. I'll probably end up ordering some of the stuff online. If I end up going Nvidia I'll probably wait to by my gpu till after the 1080 comes out so that the 980 or 970 will be cheaper. So I'd be going to newegg for that.

buy*

never knew that. I don't have anything of this sort in my area, except a best buy, but they overcharge.

I'll go with you OP, where are you

Newegg is shit. They've decided that shipping and returns are completely irrelevant, and they're only targeting the "I'm going to buy from this site because I'll save $2 on my $870 purchase" audience.

Given the HDD packaging fiasco, their shit return policy, and now Amazon beating them on price and shipping times, I don't see how Newegg has a competitive advantage over other online retailers anymore. Save for the occasional Egg Buster sale or whatever they're called now.

Assuming you are actually going to the one in the image which is in Kansas City I could come help you. I live right by it.

Don't worry. I'm not a rapist. =)

>You're going to get raped in a KC Micro Center parking lot bro.

Shh, just let it happen.

user is clearly a cute anime girl, so it isn't rape.

>my own rapist!
>now neither of us will be virgins!

Thats just the image I used. I'm not in Kansas

>he considers computer as "do it yourselves"

Indeed, you assemble a computer. Not build one.

MicroCenter's processor price is like -$40 cheaper compared to newegg and some come with bundle deal with motherboard

Got 2500k $60 cheaper there and recently a 4790k for $40 cheaper

Are you in Illinois/ live near Chigago location? I was just there yesterday and love it. I bought my case and want to build the desktop soon. It is good.

The only reason I fear ordering online is because thieves might see my tech at the front door and steal it while at work. That or my relatives might sell it and say they didn't see it like last time.

There shouldn't be a stigma for buying from brick and mortar stores.

good luck OP, i have one near my house. microcenter is fucking awesome.

make sure you check out all the bundle deals before buying, you could save a good chunk of cash.

you also might benefit from buying a case online as opposed to in store, a lot of their case selection is shit. sometimes they have excellent sales though.

Friendly reminder that ever since frys became more lenient with price matching its the better place to actually get shit from.

As for customer service, it depends on where you are. Its hit or miss if you get someone reasonable

I'm in Ohio

My mom took me to New York in 2006 (im from Norway), and the first thing I did when I got there was go to Microcenter.

They had Pcpower&cooling 750w psu's with a single 60A 12v rail, which was unheard of (here in Norway atleast) back then.

Got my X1900XTX running 803/900mhz core/mem when I got home on water! :D

Have fun!

MicroCenter gets better deals, you don't have to wait for shipping which is especially helpful if you need something in an emergency, and IT'S FUN!

Micro center will price match other vendors. Go with a list of parts and cheapest prices all over Internet and leave with that price and parts in hand. No waiting on shipping.

You look like a school shooter

I remember wanting to buy one of those PC Power & Cooling units back in 2007

They have an area in store to help you build your PC, so you can literally do it right there.

It's like $010 or $150 I think though.

I've got two near me, both are pretty great. I've spent hours just browsing the used stuff. I think actually all the new components in my computer I bought there.

Yea they rocked. The Thermaltake pure power "680w" I had at the time whould slow all the fans in the pc to 60% or something when I put heavy load on gpu/cpu because the voltage dropped as it couldnt handle it. Fucking garbage.

Pc Power was a solid upgrade. Used it for over 5 years before I switched to Corsair AX, as I heard after OCZ bought PC Power, the quality went to shit.

My guess would be that the $10 mobo would probably bottleneck the shit out of everything else. Careful with that kind of crap senpai.

are you kidding me? i save hundreds, theres no fucking sales tax where i live, I FUCKING LOVE NEWEGG, MOST OF US HAS NO SALES TAX ON THE SITE.

How does this place have such crazy deals? Theres one about an hour from me. might have to check it out sometime

ALSO MICROCENTERS 20 MINUTES AWAY FROM ME HERE ON LONG ISLAND. I BOUGHT A MOTHERBOARD/CPU BUNDLE GOT GIGABYTE z97x GAMING 7 AND i5-4690k, FOR 350 FLAT, BOUGHT REST OF MY SHIT ON NEWEGG BECAUSE NO FUCKING SALES TAX

Microcenter is GREAT for buying hardware because you don't have to wait for shipping and its about the same price as online.

I have one 10-15 minutes away as well, got my 5820k and motherboard there for $600, about $100-120 cheaper than newegg prices at the time.

Now their GPU prices and other things can leave a bit to be desired, but they will usually price match so not a huge deal if you're willing to play around a bit.

After tax it comes the about the same as online. Also their CPU's are one per household at the advertised price.

>After tax it comes the about the same as online
What shitty state do you live in? I got my 5820k for $320 from microcenter. This shit costs $390 on newegg. That's $70 savings. Tax is 6% in this state, so $19.20 more. That's still a savings of $50 off newegg.

Skymeme is probably worse because they know most people are buying those.

Yeah of course =^)

I hope you like boys dressed up as girls

>I hope you like boys dressed up as girls
Nope.
So we can't be friends.

>tfw the only microcenter near me is in Paterson, New Jersey

Oh so you admit to being in the vicinity of that store ~

Why are you yelling?

Is that Overland Park store? I'm near there Mon-Fri if you need a buddy, OP.

>Fairfax, VA
>Not even Norfolk
>Not even fucking Norfolk

That's the Kansas City microcenter.

How do I find out about these mobo+processor deals and all that?

Got a g3258 and a Z97 pc mate from there for like 60 bones last year, microcenter is the tits, lowest prices on recent cpus too by like 20 or so dollaz

I though OP just said he just used the image from the Kansas location.

That's the one about 5 minutes from my girlfriends house, I love about two hours south of there

But depending on your state you might not have to pay taxes on your parts.

microcenter.com/site/products/amd_bundles.aspx

They make back the money from the CPU and motherboard combo deals on all the other little things you need.

Op here, anybody have any suggestions on parts/peripherals to get when I go tomorrow? Trying to keep it relatively inexpensive since its my first build.

but they price match online stores

which one you going to?

You're going to be let down, OP. I always wanted to build a PC. So a couple years ago I threw down 2k and built a very nice machine. I was left down at how easy it was and how quickly I had it built and running. Sure, it's great that it worked immediately and have me no issues but it lacked challenge. I probably could have gone with a nice off the shelf model and gotten comparable specs and maybe even saved money. After a short time it's just another machine, nothing special.

It would be more satisfying building a guitar, woodworking, building a model ship or airplane, or any other number of hands on building projects. The PC just snaps all together and starts right up then you're left with tedious software installation and setup. Then all you have to show for it is a PC, little different than anybody could buy, and not at all unique.

Or you just have severe autism.

Do they have the 400 yard long checkout aisle with junk food and MTN dew like Frys electronics?

It's usually not that long, but i have seen it get pretty crazy at the one near DC on weekends.

Not sure how not getting excited about building a PC = autism. Seems that getting all excited about a blinking box that doesn't represent a particularly interesting skill set to build is extremely autistic.

I'd much rather do something useful and unique with my time and effort to create something interesting that can't be bought off a shelf. Or at least something challenging. Anybody who thinks building a PC is difficult or requires great skill is an obvious moron and will spend their lives working fast food, maybe they can work at a computer store or they have exceptionally high people skills for their breed, but that's only a chosen few.

Not with that noweigeian trigger finger he don't

The dudes there are pretty knowledgable and don't try to up sell you too much. I got all my comments there for the current rig (waiting on braided cables and hard lines to come in from performance tomorrow to finish it).

Good luck!

i know that feel bro, a newegg warehouse with will-call is practically right next door to me though

They get you with higher end shit in line. Way classier than frys. Fuck corn nuts, you need slender German microscrewdrivers!

yo wats ur zip im curious as to how close we are

There s one here in Yonkers I've been meaning to scope out for the same reason. If this price matching thing is legit in definitely hitting them up instead.

It's not about doing something that requires a high amount of skill, it's being able to get the most performance per dollar or making something with exactly the specs you want. Sounds like you just looked up a build and threw money at it.

Fuck yeah, Wiha makes some great shit.

Used to use their warranty to upgrade my gpu every generation.

>Tfw moved two years ago and there isn't a microcenter within at least 100 miles

Shame not a hex or octo core. Custom loops are fantastic for a 5820k or 5960x (or the upcoming broadwell-e replacements)

Thats my microcenter. Im blessed to live 5 minutes away.

/732/

Nope. Just went in and bought the parts and put it together. Not really a big deal. The saving money thing is bullshit. Building your own doesn't save money, you just get higher quality parts.

>tfw my microcenter closed 3 months before i bought my 3570k

I moved to KC last year and I gotta say, Microcenter is probably the only noteworthy thing about Overland Park.

The Bag Man

Microcenter is legit. They do great CPU/motherboard combos that'll save you $40+ buying them anywhere else, including newegg, Amazon, etc.

If you are near one and looking to upgrade those i definitely recommend it. All other items are pretty marked up from what I remember

I go to the Paterson NJ Microcenter. Less than 15 minutes from me. I got my gtx 980 ti classified from them for $80 less than Newegg.

Also got a Sempron 3850, am1 itx motherboard combo for $35 total. The CPU was $35, the motherboard was $30. But they had a $40 off combo deal if you bought a CPU and motherboard together. So they gave me the motherboard for $0.01.

sayreville?

athlon 845.
fm3+ mitx mobo.
16GiB RAM
seasonic gold psu.
128GB SSD.
2TB HDD.
Polaris 10 GPU.

did you resell them for mad krona?

>go to micro center
>buy shit
>resell to Sup Forums