Have you ever considered pirating software?

Have you ever considered pirating software?

Like what?
Burning DVDs and selling them?

Never. I'd never break the law, and you shouldn't either. It's illegal.

I do it all the time

Have you ever considered paying for software?

Give it back Tyrone

Now wait a second there son. Just because you live in a shitty country doesn't mean others do.

I have never paid for anything

Thanks to FOSS I don't need to do that now.

>Willingly downloading viruses.
Just use linux faggots

better question would be if I ever considered paying for software.

What do you mean by pirating? I've written my own cracks and an aimbot for fun but the games I worked on were quite small

That depends on where the software (entertainment, programing, or otherwise) is coming from.
If it is from USA, UK, or Canada (fuck you maple cucks),
i'm pirating that shit like a motherfucker.

If it is from the rest of Europe, from Asia (all of it); there's a high chance i'm buying it. I just bought that Russian film "Mongol" 2007, and that was worth all my money.

That's about it OP.

What amazing software do you edit video with then?

Of course not.
I wouldn't download a car. Pirating software is the same thing.

Yes, but I also considered the flames of Hell and decideded against it

I don't know what is to pay for software, does it feel good or something?

I don't think I ever needed to use a video editing program.

I only buy officially licensed anti-virus and Windows discs from stores.

I have never payed for any kind of software, music, movie or whatnot.

So Jesus is in Hell?

>waste $3000 on autodesk and photoshop
>or just pirate them because it's easy and autodesk/adobe doesn't really care

Did he died?

Jesus was not a pirate, because fish and bread and wine were not copyright protected in that era

Thats why you say stupid shit like foss covers everyone needs.
It fucking doesn't sadly and never will and that's why i pirate software.
Also gimp is a fucking meme either you like it or not fucking miles behind photoshop.

I've pirated every piece of software that's gone yearly/monthly payment plan instead of single one time payment.

EX: AutoCAD LT will never make a penny off me again.

You did have to pay a tax for running a business even in those times, so what Jesus did was not only taking from the income of hard working bakers, fishers, and refiners, but also tax evasion.

Try Krita.

He was not operating a business

I didn't say anything like that. I answeared the question about piracy with my own experience, you asked a question about video editing, I replied about my lack of experience with that.

At no point I've said that FOSS covers everyone's needs. It covers mine - that's enough for me.

Mass producing bread, fish, and wine, is a business whether you like it or not. A pro bono production is still a production.

>Have you ever considered pirating software?
why not pirate hardware as well?

In what fucking country?

>the majority of Sup Forums aren't following the hacker ethic

For shame.

In a highly regulated Roman province where all production of any sort must have a license and be due a tax payment to the Roman state.
Read some history you uneducated dumb fuck.

He didn't say that at any moment my retarded friend.

>payed
I'm triggered

the best pirated content which i trust are cd-keys, most of them get blacklisted in a year or so but i just find new ones

download trial software from orginal sites and activate with not yet blacklisted key

Yes. Software should be free, it should be done out of enthusiastic interest for the software, not for to be sold. I have no problem paying for hardware, for the material costs and the craftsmanship involved, but paying for software is silly in my opinion.

No, I'm not a fucking pajeet and can afford to pay for all my software.

I cracked Reaktor 6 entirely by myself and holy shit what a chore that was.

It's alright though because I'm buying that shit this summer because it's such good software.

no because that implies the software was nonfree to begin with.

also implies that that binary was likely edited by some faggot to bypass whatever DRM was originally in place. Because of this, it is possible the binary is now a virus.

so your country is nonshit because it doesn't protect copyright?

sounds like a shitty, irrelevant, country to me son.

I only pay for software that is too hard to pirate. I use those purchases to smugly prove to people that if the software is good I will support the developer.

>not a pajeet
>using an os that has non-gratis software

I am Russian, and I pirate everything. The only thing I ever buy is MMO subscription.

Apparently, proprietary software doesn't cover everyone's needs too, otherwise it would cover your need to be cheap

kek

GIMP is not a photoshop clone. It doesn't try to be and it never will be.
Use Darktable for compositing photos.
Use Krita for painting.

You have to be a very special kind of dick to blow a dog off like that.

i want to smell his hair and pet that dog

pirated winzip
5 minutes after installing it, I deleted that steaming piece of shit

With 1.21GWatts coursing through his body he better have!

>Have you ever considered pirating software?
Never, I living on a shithole where majority of people don't now how to install Windows and other things, I torrented all the shit and throw it on a USB and I charge 20$ for each installation.

>considered

I used to pirate everything. But since I got a job and started earning money I only pirate stuff like movies and music (I got amazon prime that I dont use so not sure how much of that stuff is pirating). I almost never pirate software anymore, too much hassle. Recently paid for windows (7 and 8.1), antivirus/firewall subsription, games, several other small programs
I am currently evaluating sublime text 3, I am quite impressed so far, will probably pay 70usd like a good goy.

>Recently paid for windows (7 and 8.1), antivirus/firewall subsription, games, several other small programs
stop reading right there, you're a faggot

>considered
i'm not an edgy teenager anymore and i have money to spend on the things i want but software was always an extended try-before-you-buy thing in my community

Windows 7 and 8.1 are good OSes worth paying for (I bought oem keys on ebay for 30usd each so didnt actually pay full price)

same.

Bought windows 8 for 15 euros back at release.

Bought ESET for 1 euro on ebay.

Not a single pirated software on my pc.

I have several legit Windows 7 keys from repair work I do on the side. I.e. co-worker laptop is virus ridden. They'd rather just buy a new laptop than keep this old one. Give me $40 for my time, let me keep the laptop. I have various Windows activation keys saved in a text file.

I also bought a Blu-ray ripping program because I use it a lot and it only cost $40.

I also buy apps if there is a pro version and I use the app all the time. SD maid, Greenify, Nova Launcher, solid file explorer etc.

>I have several legit Windows 7 keys
aYY, mail me one?

Lightworks

Sorry bruh. I use them when building customs for clients. Makes me an additional $100.

I would buy more software if I had the money. I buy small cheap software like Moom but I pirated FCPX.

Fuck yeah I loved this movie

Yes, feels good

Yes, feels good