youtube.com/watch?v=ocwwaVGUFtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes

Explain your answer sir.

Bump

Are you poor?

No

I'm sorry, that was mean. I meant to say that you should treat yourself.

Not really unless you need the 4 extra threads for something like video encoding / etc

What do you mean?

Depends on what you're doing. I you're strictly gaming and browsing the web, the i5 is perfect.But if you're gonna do some photo and video editing, making videos or streaming, then the i7 is definitely worth it

I will play some games, and probably Twitch stream, and edit some videos.

I might be making videos every once in a while.
i7 is probably a lot more future proof.

Hyperthreading is vital for smooth streaming unless you use a dedicated recording/streaming box.

The i7 would probably be worth it then if you're playing and streaming from the same box. OBS can eat a lot of resources depending on how much compression and / or upscaling you're doing + overlays

Not really

The benefit is negligible unless you have some specific program that uses hyperthreading.

I won't have a dedicated box, and I might not ever stream, it is a possibility.

I could use GeForce experience as well right?

I currently have a 3470 if that matters, I usually just shitpost, and game occasionally . I might want to get into media creation, and the i7 could potentially last me longer.

Bump

What about i5 6400 with a z170 for 220$?
You can OC it to 4.6ghz on a basic air cooler

Really? I think that they removed OC for non-k chips.

I don't think an OC that guy would be possible, especially with a basic air cooler.

Bump

>i5 6400
overclocking.guide/overclocking-non-k-intel-skylake-cpus-performance-tests/
Seems like it's possible and apparently quite doable

I would need that special motherboard

The supermicro one

Ability to bclk oc has been jewed out of mobo mfg bios

Yup, I heard about this a while ago.

Bump

If you're only gaming, get the i5. If you're planning to multitask, edit videos as well as gaming get the i7

Thanks.

Bump

You can still OC non K CPUs
Read the comments here
Intel tried to release a microcode update but that does not force you to download and install it.
overclocking.guide/asus-z170-non-k-overclocking-guide/

Not for gaymen

Also I think the problem was ASrock and a few others had non z170 boards that had a non K cpu overclocking addition to the bios. Intel shut that down it seems. But with a Z170 you can still overclock with the bclk

If you're going i7, why not get an i7 5820k instead of plebby consumer grade shit?

>neckbear

If you need to ask then the answer is no. You only need an i7 for tasks specifically optimized for parallelization like compiling and video editing.

Because assuming he's going to be primarily using it for gay men (because why would you be considering an i5 anyway if not), the 6700K outperforms an overclocked 5960X, let alone a 5820K.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocwwaVGUFtk

X99 is useless for gay men purposes.

Just do it so when you talk about your rig you can say you have an i7.

You don't want to have to be that guy at the LAN party explaining that the i5 is more than enough for any games at the moment and likely into the future to the dude who overspent on everything to play Counter Strike Source and World of Warcraft

Naw, motherboards are way too expensive.

I am not a faggot.

Yea primarily gay men.

this is what I have. my i5 6400 @ 4.5ghz on a asrock z170 using a slightly older bios revision.

Guys...

Do I really need a new PC?

Current specs
Dell Optiplex
i5 3470
16GB of RAM
GTX 970

Bump

Maybe not a faggot but probably pretty dumb anyway, after all you're still bumping this shit up that you could have figured out with a simple cost to benefit analysis.

Nope, I have figured it out pretty much, I was just looking for some honest opinions, because I could be wrong.

No.

I have really been trying to justify it.