Actually good SMS app other than Google's Messenger?

Actually good SMS app other than Google's Messenger?

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.smssecure.smssecure
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go sms

Aosp messenger

textra

seconding this

Textra is good

>"textra team"

Signal.

>"Stop liking what I don't like you shills!!"

Only good answer

use qksms since it is in the f-droid repos

+1. Don't be a fool.

Allo

>textra
>no dual sim support

I too enjoy not receiving all of my messages

Problem with signal is you cannot search your messages like you can with the messaging app. Searching for their stance on it seems like they have no plan to add support for that either.

Why would you even want to?

To see what someone said about a certain topic a while ago? For example if you want to see if a person liked/disliked something and told you so, or maybe to call out a friend when they flop on an issue (joking/friendly manner of course)? Its useful when you have long sms convos and need to look up something quick. Why would you manually sift through it?

janky ass OEM coolers

That doesn't even seem remotely useful, though. I wouldn't sift through it either because I have a hippocampus. Are you seriously so incapable of remembering anything that you demand that a messaging service adds in this feature?
>with the messaging app
Which one? Because I've never even seen any that has this feature.

Google hangouts :^)

Signal

The stock one.

I search through IRC logs now and then, I would like the same for SMS.

>The stock one
Which one? AOSP? Your manufacturer's?

Whatever the stock one in Marshmallow is (Messenger?).

I use Google Voice

Textra, if you don't mind the ads...

Signal is the only option for a basic messenger

normal google "messenger" sms app has a search button for your messages

Textra. Not stupidly simple like Messenger but also not literally hundreds of options worth of stuff to fuck with like so many other SMS applications. It's fast. It works. It requires minimal tweaking.

This desu

Textra + adaway

QKSMS is the best SMS app, it has all the options from other apps that everyone loves, and it's FOSS

With Google opinion rewards, there's not reason not to use textra

Google messenger's quick reply that blanks the whole screen without showing what you're replying to... fucking dropped

Allo :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Any answer other than this is cuck-tier.

>being triggered by people's emoticons
wow you're like those SJWs on github freaking out over eggplants. except you don't have a vagina.

... so if you haven't got a vagina, why should we tolerate you?

Who else here /literally texts no one/?

QKSMS because it werks on my carrier™

is allo gonna do sms too or is it like whatsapp and teleram?

text as in sms? here. sms isn't free where i live. people used to have viber or whatsapp here to text but now everyone uses telegram. i only get regular sms from my bank

Fucking horrible

I second this

I’ve been using it for quite a while now, and I have no complain about it, except maybe the ads when you have the free version.

No one's memory is perfect, and especially for something like Signal (which I've used for security concerns in preference to otherwise more appropriate, not-texting-like platforms) being able to reference past conversations is useful.

What they should do is give users the *option* of storing all past messages or all past messages for a conversation locally and accessible for text search. They have an encrypted archive thing on the Android version. Make it live and searchable and there you go.

Archive + searchable is really all I want out of iOS Signal at this point. Desktop compatibility would be a plus.

All that said, USE SIGNAL, WhatsApp as a fallback if you need some extra feature.

Google Allo

what advantages does signal have over telegram?

Encryption and free as in freedom

- Telegram only supports 1-to-1 end-to-end encrypted chats, and only between mobile devices.

Signal supports group encrypted chats, and if your mobile is Android you can use the desktop beta.

(Telegram is, obviously, way more fully featured for non-encrypted chats than Signal. But WhatsApp is probably a better option now that they're using Signal's crypto.)

- Telegram lacks perfect forward secrecy, in other words if you get the key to one encrypted message between two people you crack them all. Signal encrypts every single message with a different key.

- Signal uses reliable, proven cryptography. Telegram's cryptography, while probably okay, was something they built themselves and the team doesn't have the best cryptographic expertise.

- Signal is fully open source. Telegram's clients are open source but its server software is closed source.

- By using Signal, you're supporting and building up an ecosystem controlled that's more secure than anything comparable out there and controlled by people with solid politics and a real commitment to fending off state surveillance.

Telegram is a private company that runs like a private company and was founded by the guys who made Russian Facebook.

What happened to heml.is ?

>2016
>SMS

>not Silence
Enjoy being cucked by Faggotspike and enjoy the gubmit reading your messages

>- Telegram only supports 1-to-1 end-to-end encrypted chats, and only between mobile devices.
There's lotsa' of desktop clients for Telegram, but yeah, Signal is better, the only problem is how fucking jealous is Faggotspike of allowing anyone else into the system
>- By using Signal, you're supporting and building up an ecosystem controlled that's more secure than anything comparable out there and controlled by people with solid politics and a real commitment to fending off state surveillance.
Solid politics like working with Facebook on WhatsApp, and threatening people who try to stay away of Google, like the people who uploaded it to F-Droid and the people who forked and started to strip GMS of it
>Telegram is a private company that runs like a private company and was founded by the guys who made Russian Facebook.
Open Whisper is a private company too, which is (or was?) owned by Twitter

Too soon senpai, too soon....

WTF is Silence?

It died without even delivering a beta, or an alpha
A fork of TextSecure (now Signal) made when they stripped encryption from SMS, they renamed it to SMSSecure, and now they renamed it to Silence
It follows Signal closely, but they been adding changes to be better at SMS, like dual SIM support

sorry about that pajeet

Going on the assumption that these crypto-sms apps require both sides to use it, what the hell's the point? You think people I'm going to message are as autistic as me?

No mention for AwSMS? It's still in beta, but bretty gud alternative to Textra.

>not LibreSignal

What?

Never had that problem.

>textra

Especially now that they have built in Giphy support

An extraterrestrial race controlling mankind and that nearly destroyed the universe.

Where I live people still use Viber and Fb Messenger. Fucking normies.

We think you aren't going to message anyone.

when the fuck is whatsapp going to add fuckin gif support for fucks sake

Can I schedule messages in textra ?

Yes

when facebook feels like paying for a license to use it?

oh my bad, it appears all the relevant patents expired like a decade ago.

viber is garbage desu, haven't used it in a while but he interface got too ugly and there was serious feauture creep going on

iMessage :^)

SMSSecure, you can get it on F-droid

f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.smssecure.smssecure

Guess its called silence now

WTF! SMS app?!
Android is really shit, Jesus!

Awsms

Disa IM. Bundles Facebook messenger, SMS and whatsapp if you want. Also works as a full standalon texting app.

Duo/Quad sim support?

I know right, why give someone choice?!