Apple Macbook 2016

My dad promised my 15 year old baby sister that he would buy her a rose gold Macbook if she maintained a 90-100% average in Mathematics throughout the year. Well, she's done it, and now he's asked me to do the research about what accessories and stuff she will need with it.

Any advice Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/au/Notebooks/ASUS-ZenBook-UX305LA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Gentoo

what's your dad's budget on accessories?
i recommend the multiport adapter
and a protective case
if your dad wants to sell it after a few years so he can upgrade it, he could get a keyboard cover so she types on that, so the keys dont wear down

Assuming she'll just be using it as a Facebook machineā€¦ probably nothing, or maybe a USB-C to older USB cable incase you ever need to plug anything in.

Wrong OS

well, she also is doing the kodewithkarlie thing.

I recommend the 9 inch accessory plug to all my macbook friends. Gives you that extra jolt through the afternoon.

Go fuck yourself.

You too.

looks like the skater on the left has a big penis dangling down xDDD

She's been using his old Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro for the last 4 years and it's starting to show it's age. She's quite good with taking good care of her tech. I don't think she'll need keyboard cover.

>Facebook machine

She's not like that

Fuckoff, this guy isn't me

What the fuck?
If he's going to be a retard and shell out god knows how much on an iFag, he might aswell buy a piano string and hang himself. Buy a gaymin laptop for probably half the price of that cancer.
Or give me the cash and jump off the twin towers.

>gaymin laptop

lol

He should buy a new daughter instead

probably one of these

ah, you have a nice father. you seem like a nice guy too for doing this for your sister and dad.

i would recommend the apple care+ thing. i think it might be really worth it because it seems like shes going to be using it for a while. with the apple care+ thing she wont be bothering you so much, because she can always take it to the store.

one thing i might add is that in august/september they always have their back to school promotion. so if possible, you might want to wait until then. sometimes they knock off some dollars off of the macbooks, sometimes they add in a free gift card with purchase.

rose gold....? That's copper.

no lol

A thinkpad t420, or an x220 if she want a /comfy/ laptop.

Yep, that's it.

A brain.

No, get the one from Other World Computing. Add a decent keyboard, Magic Trackpad or a decent mouse, and a reasonably (i.e. not huge) decent IPS monitor.

Also a laser printer, if you don't have one already in the house.

Can we have pics of your sister so we can make an informed decision?

>comfy/ laptop.

>Literally weight more than an average 15 yo girl
>comfy

Despite being fully aware of the Macbook's flaws, it has an almost magnetic desirability that is hard to grasp unless you've seen one in person.

Perfectly light, feels quality, and just so darn pretty. I have to tell myself i actually need a more powerful computer and there are potentially better solutions out there.

What a decent portable housefire

Unfortunately I have the same feeling.

Damn I wanted to believe #kodewithklossy

Adapters and one of those bags that are specifically made with macbooks in mind. You know which ones I mean

Are there any hardware flaws? If I had enough money to get a macbook I'd put arch on it anyway

Yes get the apple care

givemetheshekles.jpg

Fuck off kike.

>looks the same as a macbook
>faster
>3 USB ports, SD card reader, HDMI, headphone jack
>lighter than a Macbook

It comes with windows 10, so you're obviously gonna need to get any sort of linux distro

asus.com/au/Notebooks/ASUS-ZenBook-UX305LA/

This looks pretty good user thanks :)

>4GB RAM
>SATA3

no

Why don't they just put those ports on the laptop so it's more portable?

That's the LA model. There are many more

plus you can upgrade the ram, still better than a mac and SATA4+ is a meme tier

Can you upgrade to a 16:10 screen too?

ping macbook is kawaii

Disgusting, dont listen to these plebs. The macbook is far superior, I've seen these Asus laptops in person and they just can't compete.

>SATA 4+

kys

a gentoo

You ain't fooling anyone

But you can upgrade to 8GB of ram

why

Remember when Apple was all about getting rid of the clusterfuck of cables every PC user had to deal with?

sata 4 doesn't exist you dumb fuck

That's the point.
Anything better than Sata 3 is over priced, meme-worthy and if t breaks, well you've just wasted a fuck load of money

what the fuck are you even going on about

m.2 nvme is common as fuck

No need to swear so much.

Anything better than Sata 3 is over priced, meme-worthy and if t breaks, well you've just wasted a fuck load of money

I also never said m.2 nvme was uncommon?

>overpriced
>wasted a fuck load of money

>x2+ performance and IOPS for an extra ~25% in cost

Oh yes cause x2 is going to make a massive difference and it's only 25% of the cost!

If i had both of them in front of me, i'd go for the sata 3 one first.

Funny thing is, it probably lasts 2x less than a sata 3 drive does

Is she wearing her state on her neck?

If so, I think she deserves more than a mac book~

25% was an understatement

You won.

Fucking hell, now i have to buy one.

Sorry about being naive.

(Nearly started another argument when i was apologizing, lol)

If you can convince her make her wait until june, apparently the new macbook pro is going to be as cheap as the macbook

But seriously a mac book over the zenbook is a big no no

Is it your dad or just your mom's husband?

it's fine.

enjoy your new meme nvme ssd

aka facebook machine

XPS 13 kicks its ass. Same price as the Zenbook but has a matte 1080p display, not Core M garbage, 8GB RAM, best bezels and much better battery life.
You're a retard to get the Asus over the XPS 13.

If I had enough money I'd personally take a rMBP over an equivalent Windows laptop.

>Real UNIX, stable enough to be a daily driver + has common productivity applications (Adobe suite, MS Office etc)
>Excellent high DPI support across the OS + application ecosystem (Windows and Linux are still rough in this area)
>16:10 aspect ratio, high DPI IPS displays
>Excellent battery life
>Decent build quality
>Excellent resale value

It depends on your use case.

To me, a laptop is simply a tool for me to do work and thus the appliance nature of rMBPs is pretty appealing.

A condom.

Yea im going to fuck her soon, that is why I am doing her this favor.

man i would've def got that if i started browsing Sup Forums 2 years ago.

It's just, i was at school and believe it or not, i had friends, and i probably would've been teased because of it, plus, It's a dell, and the logo makes me want to vomit. I would pay to get it removed

there is something about any MBP that i really just can't stand. I'm not sure what it is (not talking about the price) after the iPad Air 2 came out i just haven't been able to stand any apple products

Every possible adapter and some purple/pink colored hair dye

>i just haven't been able to stand any apple products

We're seeing the decline in the quality of Apple design and products after Tim Cook took over. They are simply iterating over the same products with minor improvements and tweaks. Apple will still make a fuck ton of cash, but it's no longer the same company.

Say what you will about Steve Jobs but he gave vision and leadership to the company, and he knew what consumers wanted.

>better in every single way, but muh dell logo
Jesus fuck, you shills aren't even trying anymore.

Bernie sanders hair is better looking than the dell logo.

Trumps on the other hand is 100x better

[spoiler]She's blowing your dad [/spoiler]

She will need only one accessory - a proper PC once she gets tired of that you.

*that toy

But that's wrong?
Find out what you're actually talking about before posting, please.