Completely new to this board but not new to Sup Forums. Let's hope there's some intelligent life around here

Completely new to this board but not new to Sup Forums. Let's hope there's some intelligent life around here.
I've come to ask a question. A question that only Sup Forums can answer. Can you guys explain to me what half of this shit is. I mean as in how to browse deeper on the internet rather than just Google. I kindve understand tor but that's about it. Maybe we can discuss and become enlightened?

I guess what I'm asking is a brief explanation of the rest of this picture past the tor part

Other urls found in this thread:

allthingsvice.com/2015/09/11/you-wanted-darker-web/
allthingsvice.com/2015/08/01/if-you-found-it-by-browsing-its-probably-not-dark-web/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Basically past the tor and freenet networks there exists something called "Marinas Web" which were experimental networks that used live encryption and methods to keep users 100% anonymous. These networks have no documentation on the surface web and have pretty much been kept secret mostly because they were still experimental during the 90's.

Anyway to access these networks you are required to have a very special OS and a server grade processor running 24/7. Once a connection is initiated you must remain live for an unknown time before you can even access anything. During this time your processor and internet connection will be under very heavy load and you are responsible for making sure the connection remains live. There are penalties for going offline even for a few seconds.

Not much else is known about the network and there are spooky stories surrounding the network including the suicide of it's unknown creator and its use by the Freemasons and Government entities.

It's top-secret NSA research, bro. Come to the Deep Web and we can talk about it

ZmFnZ290DQo=

Thanks for actually putting time and effort into a response my dude.

Honestly it makes me wonder. What kindve penalties will you get even if your internet fucks up and you end up going offline?

>Honestly it makes me wonder. What kindve penalties will you get even if your internet fucks up and you end up going offline?
We don't know and that's pretty much all the info we have on the network based on leaked Russian and American documents found on freenet. I used to have the scans but deleted them since I got bored of digging up crumbs of info on it.

Interesting shit. Anyways it brings me to another question. I've read here and there but I've never really looked into it too much. How do I go about browsing the deep web

Like I just wanna see shit k haven't seen before interesting things not like fucking CP and snuff vids.

Install freenet but maybe get a VPN service like PIA before that. Freenet is under heavy surveillance and there is a tiny chance they can find out who you are so using a VPN beforehand is ideal.

Be extremely careful of AVIs and MP4s as they could contain malicious code.

My advice: don't.
The whole thing is overrated. You're more likely to be caught in legal trouble than you are to find anything interesting.

This sound like an huge bullshit.

Most of the stuff you hear about the deepweb beyond tor and freeneet is a meme

RG9uJ3QgYnVsbHkuIEJlIGEgZnJpZW5kCg==

:)

ignorance is bliss

check out my Mariana site:
evSuS#*V8W^#LHdR8!@$ouy

The deep web is a joke that went too far

>that went too far

>wants to know how to go deeper than google
>can't even google how to go deeper than google

It's a joke/troll /x/ fell into (along with some stupid media people).

Deep web refers to everything not on a search engine, i.e. any mostly private site. Mostly just like a million shitty tiny forums.

There's also (sometimes called "dark web"): Tor and its onion sites (formerly called 'hidden services'); I2P and it's eepsites; and the relic that is Freenet.

Tiny bits of FidoNet Technology Networks are still running, and a few BBSes, as historical curiosities.

There are a few experimental networks that are really only experimental, don't have anything on them and shouldn't be used yet, because experimental. (I work on this stuff.)

The pic in the OP is total bullshit.

>fell for the bullshit

Not OP, by can you expand on this?

allthingsvice.com/2015/09/11/you-wanted-darker-web/

Here we go... a lot of people ask this question for some reason. This guy is pretty knoledgable about "the deep web" and this is a good writeup.

allthingsvice.com/2015/08/01/if-you-found-it-by-browsing-its-probably-not-dark-web/

SORRY WRONG LINK HERE WE GO!

On which bit? I cant expand much on the experimental stuff because, like i2p while it was in early development, we don't like to publicise things that are probably not yet secure enough to actually use at all.

Freenet is pretty much dead I think. Oh, GNUnet exists too?

And private networks includes things such as private P2P networks: from ye olde WASTE, NMDC and its successor ADC(S), things like RetroShare and so on. Those are generally just friend-to-friend networks (like the old Turtle F2F).

Also the Scene, whose topsites are basically FTP sites and IRC servers connected via IPSec, kicking it oldschool in their own way.

Still, nothing much actually interesting unless you're involved in that specific thing.

You could also include things behind paywalls in the "deep web" definition too: things like research journals, at least until open access journals and the advent of sci-hub.