So Sup Forums, I just bought an ideapad 100s laptop. Never before have I seen a new windows laptop so cheap...

So Sup Forums, I just bought an ideapad 100s laptop. Never before have I seen a new windows laptop so cheap, though I don't go shopping for laptops often. Cost me 220 Australian dollarydoos, which is about 160 American dollars.
Tell me what a grave mistake I've made and ruin it for me before it arrives pls?
Oh, and this is the prettiest windows laptop I've seen too. Macs look better, but macs are boring and expensive, like a porsche.

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadmoreram.com
youtube.com/watch?v=P6jmls2f9Po
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for that price, you'll probably suffer from poor longevity.

If it becomes sluggish, install linux

Why would that be a mistake? I've got an asus with same specs, it's fucking goat.

>good performance for web browsing and multimedia
>good battery life, expect over 10 hours per charge
>very portable

Bay trail has horrible Linux support. But mine hasn't become sluggish yet and I've had it for 3 months.

Some extra hard disk space would be nice though, but at this price, who cares really? External is good enough.

2GB Ram

saya > hotaru

>10 hours
Can I shitpost non-stop for that 10 hours?

I might ghost the drive when I get it, then I'll just revert it back to its original state as required.

Yes.

2GB is plenty, the OS doesn't crash and burn, it simply uses what it can and caches what it can't. My w8 install only uses 550MB on boot anyways, so fuck you.

You can always download more ram.

downloadmoreram.com

Just don't let a cop see you doing it.

Should've got the Asus Vivobook E200HA from The Good Guys, $218 for better specs and 2x the battery life.

>Tell me what a grave mistake I've made and ruin it for me before it arrives pls?
Alright. You could've had an X220 for the same price, with better specs, build quality, and Linux support.

Aside from used machines being cheaper and better, why would it be a mistake ? It's a cheap computer, it does computer things for cheap. The only mistake is if you expect great performance under heavy workloads.

>buying cumstained piles of garbage
Stay in your containment thread, faggot.

Should've got one with a x5-z8300 or celery n2840/n3050 DESU. The z3735f is a little too weak.

It only has 2GB of RAM you dumbass.

>2gb is plenty
Normie pls go and stay go

What?

Retard.

Kys desu sempai

>muh shit has 2gb of ram
>is enough guys11!
Have fun with your premium experience

Rude.

2GB is enough for a netbook.

The cpu is strong enough for having 10+ tabs open in chrome without the pc lagging.

This. It's a good computer for the price, but a used ThinkPad would have offered better performance. At least this gets warranty and has better battery life though.

Do you even have any clue what the point of a netbook is? Protip: Not to do serious work which requires shitloads of RAM.

It can't even play a movie without everyday I'm buffering.

Guy's should I get a Asus T100HA? It's cheap like OP's but actually has 4 giggles. And it has touchscreen and can detach which is important for some reason.

2 gb is enough if you want to do nothing at all but start up Windicks.
OP, if you only want it for that smooth Ubuntu experience and some programming.

Good luck using programs you kangaroo.

You've clearly never used a netbook.

550MB on boot, 1.3GB after opening up a bunch of tabs in chrome.

The OS will efficiently manage the ram you tech illiterate retard.

Chrome is known for been good on ram

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME DGID8YDIDU9DOUFIYDY8S0UD85R5S9YD96E6E

YOU BETTER HOPE I NEVER FIND YOU BECAUSE I WILL FUCKING END YOU

>le chrome is bad guise look it eats ALL the RAM what da fug xD

Kys. I can see you never used Chrome recently and you are just parroting what you have heard on the internet.

That's true.

Chrome doesn't use much ram because all your borwsing data is stored on the botnet.

I just had flashbacks to Realplayer. But anyway, yeah a netbook can play video at it's native resolution just fine, thanks.

It's pretty good. Definitely more expensive, though.

Think it can play dota 2?

youtube.com/watch?v=P6jmls2f9Po

20 fps

If you really want to play games you're better off getting a full sized laptop with a bigger screen and better specs.

Nice for the price. These are fine for basic use, like web browsing, fb, word processing etc

I have use a hp mini since 2009. I would like them to be lighter than 1kg. Carrying around on holidays is still too heavy. Thank god for mobile phones.
What spec do atom processors go up to now?

Atoms got killed off

>Normie
cringy cunt

You could have got a new Acer CB3 Chromebook for 10$ more
>significantly better processor
>linux
>much better durability

Honestly, the CB3 and the C720 should be the go to budget shitposting machines. They're just the optimal price + quality + specs in that price range

why can they not add a usb 3.0 port?