ITT tech illiterate people

>goto store
>see this mom looking at computer with her daughter
>She's in the mac section
>mac dude walks over
>mom explains she needs a computer for her daughter's college
>man explains that a windows computer is cheaper and better
>mom some how gets mad and thinks she's being insulted on money and says she wants something that works and doesn't get virus'
>man says that's fine and shows her back to the macs
>daughter isn't even paying attention and is just fucking around taking selfies
>me looking at the headphones, I couldn't help but over hear it and have to pay attention

Nothing is wrong with a mac pc IMHO, but when you say that shit you want a 1200$ computer, and you want it basically for word and the internet, why the fuck are you looking to spend too much money on something as of that?

1 more. Not my story tho. someone on Sup Forums at one point told me this:

>Dad's friend says his computer is slow
>Knows I'm good with computers
>Dad's friend asks me for help
>sureok.png
>toolbars, flower things, a desktop buddy and lets not forget BonziBuddy
>Clean up his computer
>get rid of a handful of virus'
>computer runs like flowing river
>dude checks it out
>looks around
>expression is of the mad and sad
>"user where is my purple monkey friend?"
>"Bonzibuddy? He's spyware. He's even been proven to be"
>"I DON'T CARE! I WANT HIM BACK!"
>Gets assmad about it and puts it back on there to shut up him up

>why the fuck are you looking to spend too much money on something as of that?
Buy cheap, buy twice

They guy was right to suggest a windows laptop, Windows 10 has so much botnet in it now that it could remove a virus all by itself without needing any user input. and it can run all the office software she will need for school and probable even come with a free year of office 365.

They mac on the other hand bascially just says "break into my dorm room and rob me"

>"break into my dorm room and rob me"
lol america

It's funny because it's true.

apple branding/advertising is working well on the nomie

I think Americans feel lucky when someone just robs them and doesn't kill them in the process. Or a random crazy fuck shoots up the school.

>America
>going to school there's a danger of being shot

It would take 4 $300 chromebooks to match the price of a new MacBook pro

Not to mention that the chromebook will be lighter, run cooler, probably easier and cheaper to repair if you somehow fuck it up

>"break into my dorm room and rob me"
It's funny how this is a thing university students unironically have to worry about now. This is what happens when you need a bachelor's to flip burgers and you let in thousands of affirmative action dindus

>Americans

>They mac on the other hand bascially just says "break into my dorm room and rob me"
thank you user I needed a laugh

it always has. but I find it funny how easy Ubuntu is but the minute you say it's not windows or mac, and that its something new, people fear it

its sad really... The fact that america sucks so bad now that we can't even goto school cause someone has a shitty life, BETTER MAKE IT WORSE!

I wouldn't recommend a chrome book to any one. get a tablet and keyboard

You'd have to buy it four times to get close to the price of the mac though

>I wouldn't recommend a chromebook to anyone. Get a tablet and keyboard
Worst opinion ever written

why?

What's wrong with it?

Kill yourself

top kek

WE WAS KINGS

>I'm not going to give an explanation at all cause I don't like your opinion so you should kys

Top debating skills

>people in this thread suggesting a normie use windows
>literally the most targetted OS for cyberattacks and viruses of all time
>she'd need five separate anti-virus programs and to un-install flash and JS just to cover all bases
>she couldn't do any of that and neither could her mother
tell me again why buying a mac was a bad idea?
fucking microshaft wangblows would suggest botnet 10 even to children

The value to a student of iMessage, FaceTime, and not being laughed at for having some little piece of plastic is worth it

This is shit bait

>5 anti virus'
why tho? don't they set each other off? I have Comodo and I'm fine

Why is it that when I do shit on my own, everything works but when someone else does it they fuck it up and get a million virus'? I don't get it.

It's the cheaper offer. That's why

>Mom, my computer restarted itself/got cryptolocker/hard drive failed and now my grades are ruined

She's happy to pay the premium for the peace of mind that she won't be responsible for this. Good parenting

desu, botnet 10 is windows without the usual fear of getting rekt. Most of the people who use win10 are people that already have Fagbook, twitter, snapchat, leReddit and all of this shit. they don't give a fuck about botnet 10. For them, it's a net gain.

>helping people with their computers for free
>ever
top kek m8. lmaoing @ ur life

he worked there. I was listening over dumbass

You know, I agree that people shouldn't get chromebooks, but goddamn you could not have went more retard

If you want to debate, have an ACTUAL REBUTTLE you rapacious cunt

>>Dad's friend asks me for help
>>sureok.png

*rebuttal. Rebuttle sounds like a failed attempt at spelling le recycled butt in gangstazspeach.

just end urself my man

>ITT tech illiterate people
yes

Read what I was replying to
The only answer is for him to die

>Not reading the first part
It's not my story user. I even said that.

Macs are better for dumb people who take selfies. And she is right about viruses, a stupid selfie bitch would not hesitate opening cool_song.mp3.exe.

>Mac
You might be homosexual too

>word and the internet
>basically keep word, PowerPoint with tons of content, and Chrome with 3747477263 tabs
That's why Macs only use Core i5 CPUs and 4GB of RAM, it's the minimum required to handle real life usage.
(I said minimum because 8GB would be much better)

this

Macs are better for the vast majority of consumers. They randomly click on everything they see, especially when you consider they don't use adblockers.

I have personally rides used a Chromebook, but the simple fact that I wouldn't be able to install software that is not a chrome expansion would drive me mad in a day.
But hey, I don't think anyone on Sup Forums would actually agree on buying such a laptop as their main one. But I know people who wouldn't need much more than what it offers and would be happy with that only. It highly depends on what you actually need I guess.
Also, having one as a sort of tablet in addition to my current computer wouldn't be so bad I guess.

And OS X is slowly getting new malware so it's not safe anymore.

>I have personally rides used a Chromebook
*never used, fucking autocorrect

and when that malware is at the same level as Windows, it will be in the public consciousness. For now it isn't

Being the free tech support cuck of my family, I can tell you that normies don't deserve to use Windows. Just give them a Mac or iPad that will spoonfeed them on how everything works.

Dude he fucking says in the OP that wasn't his story.

Are you going to say you were pretending to be retarded, now?

>not being laughed at for having some little piece of plastic is worth it
You're insane if you think other people actually give a shit about what computer you use.

No. You could have actually answered, like a decent human being.

>I can tell you that normies don't deserve to use Windows. Just give them a Mac or iPad that will spoonfeed them on how everything works.
This man
I learned the hard way, i finally wised up when i had to reinstall windows 7 on my grandpas' c2d laptop every few month because he managed to make the thing so fucking slow. The funny thing is, he doesn't even use his PC much, maybe 2-3 hours a week, because he's scared of breaking it, but still managed to fuck up so bad.
Normies really dont need all those features, forget Linux based distros, they dont even need all the windows features either.
If the web browser works, its more than enough for them, aka Mac

>You're insane if you think other people actually give a shit about what computer you use.
This
Nobody gives a fuck about what other use. You'd know that if you worked.

And then my friend you die

install Ubuntu onto it. Done

Several people I know think that you should cycle a laptop battery and not keep it plugged in all the time as that could overcharge and shorten its life.

They think its like a dumb battery charger from the 1970's that has no power management or current control.

What a fucking retard

What is chrx/crouton

>reinstall windows 7 on my grandpas' c2d laptop every few month because he managed to make the thing so fucking slow. The funny thing is, he doesn't even use his PC much

Are you me? That sounds like my grandpa to a tee, he does download a lot of aquarium screen savers though despite me telling him not to.

Mac is status symbol
Girls only care about status and attention

That is why they wanted it.
So she can bring it to starbucks and spill coffee on it with her friends.

Tablets are becoming more and more of a PC than they were 10 years ago. We basically can do almost everything on Tablet we can on PC (main things)

if they are willing to learn, teach them

>fuck it
>install WebKiosk on it and put everything they need like music, video, and images on google drive or a personal SAD

>

like the "hoverboards" my mall sells. The 1 that was charging and didn't have the capacitor to stop it from charging and set someone's house on fire

>all these smug fucks shitting on "normies" while at the same time they can't set up win7 in a way their "gramps" won't be able to fuck it up
You're the problem, not them.

Letting your grandfather play on a computer is like letting a 10 year old on one. Neither of them have a damn clue what they are doing and are just happy to see pretty colours. When they fuck something up they get mad and blame other people. So what do you think?

Idiots figure out how to fuck shit up no matter what. I know a literal aspie who had Ubuntu on his computer cause he couldn't windows. Comes to me and asks for help. Well might as well cause no one else is going to. So I help his ass out, and some how he locks down ubuntu, crashes it and I can't even fix it. We had to do a fresh install of it after reformatting the HDD in it...

Is this any good? Would love to put GNU/Linux on it.

Toshiba chromebook 13 2015
Acer chromebook 14
Dell chromebook 13

Those are the only good ones worth buying apart from the pixel

>at computer store to I return a faulty gpu
>12-14 girl with her mom buys a chromebook
>mom: "are you sure you don't want an apple instead?"
>the girl: "yes, they're shit. I just want something to browse, make notes and listen to music with"
>warm feeling throughout my body the rest of the day

Are you the girl?

pls be in london

That's sad, user. You should buy him a fish. Go with a Betta, they're virtually impossible to kill and aren't very needy.

I'm a 35 year old 6" 5' muscular guy with a beard.

You're on Sup Forums. No one is going to believe this.

I was at a Microsoft store for a while and I heard multiple college girls say something similar when their parents insisted that they buy a Mac.

>anyone studying computer science at a uni that has a more theoretical focus

Seriously. I have never seen a bigger group of cavemen. Barely know how to turn a fucking computer on. It's mind boggling how they manage to write software.

They can't deploy anything of course. My wife's son can do it in 5 minutes. College degrees are worthless.

where did all these retarded niggers like OP flood in from?

You realize that these curricula are not ABOUT programming, right? Writing software is simply not the goal of the program.

explain how I'm a retarded nigger. If you're going to call me something better be able to pack that shit up faggot

the fact that you're clearly an underage retard that made a shit thread and continues bumping it.

I'm replying to people?
OK.
I'm 24. Why do you always assume everyone is underaged?

Why are you so mad user? Do you need someone to talk to? I'm here for you user.

And they are all aluminum right? Thanks man.

dude, if you plant up your tank and put a light on a timer, or even don't and just leave a light shining in the tank, you can do a lot of different fish. I left some goldfish and some random aquatic plants in a tank for two months when I went overseas and they just ate the plants and the plants also grew like crazy. I had to clean the algae off the sides of the tank when I got back, but making a stable ecosystem in an aquarium is pretty rad. I want to do it again, but I don't quite have the right space in my current apt.

>tfw I agree with every opinion in the Linux column

No, they Toshiba one is plastic but it's good plastic if that makes sense
The Acer 14 is aluminum
The Dell is carbon fiber, but for $550 get an xps 13 refurbished on eBay

I really wanna get the Acer 14, you really think it's worth it? Or should I get something else?

If I could afford it I'd buy a Mac over a Windows laptop any day.
Windows is shit and so are most of the laptops it comes pre-installed on.

I don't know since it's really new so check out reviews

For $300 the Toshiba chromebook 2 was a fucking steal in 2014 and processor upgrade in 2015 made it even better

Depending on your budget take a look at both, and go for processor upgrades if you can

Thanks bro you the man, so far all Acer 14 reviews are pretty good, I heard that the trackpad is big and good.

Which one would you go for?

>You're insane if you think other people actually give a shit about what computer you use
You realize you're on Sup Forums right? Fully grown men here get genuinely upset all the time based just on what kernel you use. There's certainly no doubt that tons of teenagers/early 20s will cause all kind of shit over not having an apple on your computer.
Now there's certainly no reason to not ignore those people, but that's beside the point

>see someone with a mac
>instantly know they have no fucking clue how to use computers

You're an idiot.

I prefer aluminum and 14 inch screens, so I'd get the new Acer

this.

I always have said
Macs are computers for people who don't understand computers.

Two year olds and twenty year olds use them with the same level of skill

If the girl wanted to get fucked by guys she'd buy a mac.

Spotted the mac user

This infographic brought to you by Microsoft™

how did you get that pic of me

Wrong, I use a Thinkpad.

I would get an rMBP if I could afford one, though.

Sounds like you're a beta faggot who can't open his mouth.

>not going to a school that allows you to protect yourself

Tech illiterate people should get chromebooks every time, they only install chrome on windows anyways.

I've done it before actually. It's not that I can't. I don't now. Reason:

I went to Best buy one time to kill sometime. Nice black mom there with her daughter. No one was around to help her. So I said"hey can I help you with something?" I know my way around.

"Do you work here?"

"No but I do know my way around computers and tech, if you want some help, I don't mind."

So she tells me she's looking for a laptop for her daughter. Her daughter also on her iPhone just texting away. Tells me she wants it for her college. Looking for something cheap, needs to run and no problems. I show her around and help her decide. I tell her an alternate solution if she wants to be super cheap. No this is not to go HUR DUR GNU UNIX/LINUX but because I am well aware how low maintenance Ubuntu/Mint can be. She likes the idea and asks to take down some info on me so she can get in touch. I gladly accept. She says that she wants to do this and I never hear from her.

I told her all about think pads, how easy the installation is and so on. that is why I don't help people any more like them. They never listen, they never call you back or nothing. So why even help someone who doesn't even do anything to help themselves.No this wasn't about linux as much as saving money. Linux is prolly the simplest solution you can ask for. I told her it's as easy and as simple as linux or can be as complicated as you make it. She had an android her daughter has an iPhone. I think that's why she liked idea of Linux in the first place, but I'm guessing it was initially her daughter saying no, just get windows.

LSS whatever, people are stupid and scared to try new things.

This literally means nothing. 2 of my best friends own a mac pro and they know how to do shit in terminal, dig thru the OS and more. My friends have even taken it fully apart and put it back together. Hell, 1 of them is even an unpaid mac rep that gets calls sent to his phone when they get over loaded.

>There's certainly no doubt that tons of teenagers/early 20s will cause all kind of shit over not having an apple on your computer.
>What is Projection for $800, Alex
Just because you are a sperglord doesn't mean that "tons of teenagers/early 20s" are.

>deleting Bonzibuddy
What the fuck is wrong with you? He only wants to be your friend
Fuck you, OP
I hope they find your mangled, sexually assaulted corpse on the side of a Baltimore highway after you had a surprise night encounter with gay Jamal and homo Tyrone the Gay Rapists

You racist fucking shitlord. You probably only informed her of a cheaper alternative be you assumed they were poor due to the color of her skin.

>1 more. Not my story tho. someone on Sup Forums at one point told me this:
>I don't know how to read seeing as it's not OPs story
dumbass

Also that was interestingly mean user. What's got you all upset? Wanna talk about it?

No, she said she wanted cheap originally. So I was giving her an alternative. I'm not being raciest, she was black, I'm making sure you get full details of who the person is. And since when does Sup Forums even remotely care what someone's race is? fuck off with back to Feddit if you want people not being "raciest" even Sup Forums says nigger a lot

You deleted this cute little guy
He only wanted to be that man's buddy
You killed that man's buddy
You monster

>9000
FUCK

Either way, no, I didn't do it you dumbass. That was not my fucking story. someone else told me it. How the fuck do you keep misreading this? I can't tell if troll