14 year old programmer refused $30m buyout

>14 year old programmer refused $30m buyout
>he already makes life saving apps and is more successful than all of Sup Forums

how does it feel?
that a little fat kid is doing better things than you?

money.cnn.com/2016/05/10/technology/recmed-taylor-rosenthal-techcrunch-disrupt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f_OpdiFNucc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't care before I knew and I don't care now, good for the fatty

>reject 30m
Dumbass
Little tard could live an upper middle class life for the rest of his life on that and spent all the free time in the world learning and developing new apps and making even more money

I bet he saw the first episode of silicon valley and thought he was in the same situation

>brogrammers
ew
this

sage

>that a little fat kid is doing better things than you?
Noice. How do you feel about asking such a ``question''?
I measure my life against others. Sorry.

Where does it mention he is a programmer? He patented a vending machine for medical supplies.

Taylor (((Rosenthal)))

literally who

Probably.

Can't be bothered to read that article but if he's not Ahmed-tier clock """inventor""" (and most children usually are) I wish him best of luck.

This.

He came up with the idea, his rich mommy & daddy paid for a working prototype, and now he's considered a CEO.

Nothing special really.
A 2 year old could do the same thing.

>rosenthal

>$30m
Are we talking about $ 30,000,000?
Are we talking about 30000000/(80-14)/12 = $37,879/month for life?
Is he fucking retarded? Are his parents fucking retarded?

>Rosenthal
>Jewish surname
>Vending machine for first aid
>Making profit off other peoples suffering

Typical Jewish tricks at work here.

>life saving apps
>apps
>life saving

I want Sup Forums to [spoiler (iknowitdoesnotworkhere)]stay[/spoiler].

Sup Forums or not what the man said is true - there is evidence of this everywhere in the world. Hate the profiteer, not the white man who shouts the truth.

I agree on this.

I'd also rather killing myself before having that hairstyle.

this kid will seriously think about how he fucked up in 2-3 years.

what a dingus

Hello, commie kike.

>refusing $30million

>30m
>upper middle class
Nigga what kinda dank kush you ganking bruh I need a trip like you bruh

This, if invested wisely or he could even live off the interest if he did not blow it on stupid shit.

>5$ for a fucking band-aid
I'd fucking rip my shirt off instead
The shirt I'm currently wearing only cost me 3$
Fucking kike

I don't much compare myself to others so I couldn't give any less fucks and after reading the article it's clear you didnt.

in 2-3 years the bussiness could be more established and worth more. He could still sell it.

i dont feal anyting because i live on east eu

His parents are both doctors, so he is already pretty well off.

>reject 30M buyout for generic business idea

Where are this kids parents?

>30m
>upper middle class
Dude he'd be upper class all the way.
If he invested that and got a 6% return anually he could have 1.8m in interest a yeR to live off of

I gave up long ago
what's all the success in the world when I can't be a qt anime girl

He priced his machine $5500. I don't think it costs more than 500 to make.

$30m is worth 5400 pieces sold. He could make that in one year or two.

>"I played baseball for 9 years"
>14 years old
>Literally already accomplished more than me

This isn't video games, it's not easy to push a new standard for medical equipment that isn't fucking revolutionary

>Profiting off of others' suffering
>Rosenthal

Sup Forums is always right!

>refused $30m
What a dummy desu.

You could invest 20m and live a VERY lavish lifestyle just living off the interest.

Your math is off, and to top it off you're counting 5500 as pure profit as if it didn't cost anything to manufacture the machine or material or supplies.

>patents a vending machine (how was he allowed to do this?)
>refuses 30 million dollars
>wants to sell overpriced medical supplies to middle and lower class families at their kid's sports game
>wants me to believe this fat kid plays baseball
>was probably a group project and even though his family was already well off he still creates a patent and tells his group mates to fuck off
What a scumfuck.

>You can also buy individual supplies like band-aids, rubber gloves, hydrocortisone wipes and gauze pads, which cost $6 to $20.

$6 for a bandaid? He's not better than me, he's a greedy little shit

>hey dad i got this great idea
>lets put bandaids in vending machines
>awesome son, i'll drop $5mil to get a working prototype and you can be your own little ceo ^_^
>thanks dad!
>ppl r already writing articles about me. im famous!

wow such success

Parents like to make their kids CEOs or give them credit for inventions because it makes it easier to pass on/retain the wealth that comes from it.

>>wants me to believe this fat kid plays baseball

Millenials and their participation certificates.

>>wants to sell overpriced medical supplies to middle and lower class families at their kid's sports game

Don't most teams, even amateur, already have someone on sideline with first aid kit box? I thought this was standard practice.

Maybe they just want the patent.

He could invest it and receive around 150k every year. What the fuck do you consider upper middle class?

He would had made and extra million just off interest by the time he was 20.

By the way, kill yourself, niggerspeaker.

>He could invest it and receive around 150k every year. What the fuck do you consider upper middle class?

Hell, making 70k a year is already considered upper middle class.

He rejected it because his parents wanted him to.

Meanwhile, our new social media engine scores no attention from investors or the media of any sort.. Help us senpai

I don't even see them being used that much. Like you said most coaches probably have a med kit with them. No one's going to spend 6 dollars on a bandaid when they can get one from the coach for free (and he probably bought the kit for less than that in the first place).

>refused $30m buyout
fucking retard

I hope he becomes homeless

He joined an incubator that made him give up 20% equity in exchange for an office.

and $50k

>measuring success by money

> a vending machine for first aid products

I literally have one in my shitty 15k ppl town

I don't get it. It's just a vending machine, anyone can do it, and probably already have, can't they?

Seems like not taking the money was a bit stupid, even if his parents will bank it all.

>I bet he saw the first episode of silicon valley and thought he was in the same situation

youtu.be/f_OpdiFNucc

> A new standard
> A fucking vending machine delivering sticky pads and plastic gloves instead of chocolate bars tortilla chips

He is genius because he thought of a new market for an existing technology, and got it patented in a country that respects and protects patents. It is not vidya indeed.

>anyone can do it
Why didn't you?

Because I don't have the investment capital.

I've suspicion the buyer is a shell company set-up by his family to get publicity.

>vending machine for first aid
Oh my god it's like in futuristic video games where you have those med stations on the walls

It says he's only selling the machines. In which case i'd guess the buyers would supply it themselves, which is logical.
For the manufacturing costs, as I said, I doubt they'd account for more than 500. It's a dispenser. It's a soda machine without the cooling circuits. It's a coffee machine without the brewing and boiling parts.
Its value is the patent.

lol ok

And there you have it.

What patent?

It's a vending machine. It's not like there is anything unique there that people could really need.

There are vending machines which can make a pizza for you, I doubt one that dispenses random knickknacks is that advanced.

Then doesn't that contradict what you said, that anyone can do it?

There's no point in arguing over semantics. You know what I mean.

I write shitty software with dead programming languages for random little shop in the middle of nowhere. They give free internet and feed me, so i am as happy as human can be.

>paying 30m for something you can do yourself easily
>inb4 hurr durr patent, you can always bypass patent laws since you cant patent general ideas if you actually could there would only be IBM pcs and Daimler Mercedes cars
The company offering 30 million might even be more retarded than the kid passing on the 30 million offer.

Pro tip: learn math
Standard returns for blue chip and index stocks is 5-6%
Which means 1.5 - 1.8 m a year in returns.
I thought autists were supposed to be good at this stuff

I mean say he put away 10m and lived off the interest, that'd be upper middle class. He could take the 20 and invest or blow it like a fucking champ

And what I'm trying to tell you is with that much money invested he'd be upper class

> "By December, he had a working prototype and had acquired a patent"
Idk. Public first aid kits dispensers?

Patenting the most stupid things that are the least laborious to make and have the largest potential markets. That's what's supposed to impress you.

I couldn't give a fucking shit.

Now fuck off.

>would had made
>not niggerspeaker

people really are buying that shit?
I guess I should revisit my "stupid shit no one would buy" trash can.

>He came up with the idea, his rich mommy & daddy paid for a working prototype, and now he's considered a CEO.
Sauce? I'm too lazy to watch the video

>Would had made and extra

The whole idea is fucking retarded but white people will use his gay as fuck invention anyway

"Bill Gates should be worried". Sure. Maybe he'll pause solving worldwide diseases and suffering to invest in atms for boo-boo band aids.

Stupid fuck whoever wrote that article. Also, chubs prolly has that teacher sucking his freckly little dick.

>(((Rosenthal)))

desu I think its all his father behind it

Apparently 6 flags ordered 100

The jealousy here is astounding. Good for him!

Is this bait or did op not read the article? The little fatty had the "idea" for first aid vending machines, that's it. He won some entrepreneur contest and now sells these things. He doesn't save lives, he doesn't make apps, he's just a rich kid of two doctors!

Obviously.

His parents are both in medical fields and he just happended to have an idea medical related with a working prototype

This literally already exists, and you can buy it at Sam's club

Is he the programmer, I skimmed the article but didn't notice anything sounds like his wealthy parents helped him get investments into an idea.

Worst decision in his life lol.

For that money he could just start a new business while living risk free for the rest of his life.

>I bet he saw the first episode of silicon valley and thought he was in the same situation

No he isnt. He had an idea and his rich parents realized it

>That fucking face
>That haircut
>That last name

I hope some 2bit programmer fucking snap and drop that motherfucker

>implying
This isn't Ahmed Socjus Clockbomb where an actual clock was torn out of its chassis and tossed into a tiny suitcase, sorry, OP. It's a nice idea targeted at places that can use it either practically (youth sports areas) or for profit (Six Flags). Good on him and his parents.

Dumb fatass should've taken the offer. Now whoever offered the deal will just straight up make their own vending machines and stuff them with first aid kits. There's literally nothing the kid owns except a worthless brand since vending machines aren't some super secret proprietary technology.

>people believe this bullshit
>a bandaid vending machine
>30 million dollars

Why would they offer 30m if they could just do that in the first place

Hello,cucked middle class hero.

PR helping a jew makes companies look nice and generous

This kid is fucked. It was probably Johnson & Johnson or someone like that. Now they are going to flood his ass.

So he signs a deal with Six Flags, let's say. How the fuck is he going to keep all of the kiosks stocked? How is he monitoring inventory? Where is he keeping the product? Who is servicing the machines? Also, where is he getting the product? It's clear that when he was the cute lil' entrepreneur at the baseball game, he was buying name-brand shit in bulk at Sam's Club and marking it up. Is that how he's going to service the machines for a major chain? Retail prices? Breaking down boxes of bandages and putting them into individual packages? J&J aren't going to work with him. He'll have to source some cheap ass stuff from China, which is NOT what people want when it comes to medical supplies.

Here's what's going to happen: J&J are going to make these kiosks. They are going to service them with their huge distribution network. They are going to make the individual packaging at one of their giant factories, straight on the line. They are going to have the name and the clout to put one of these machines ANYWHERE there is the slightest hint of demand. I mean, who is Disney and the local Little League committee and the city government going to trust, Johnson & Johnson or Billy Bob the Teen Wonder and his Chinese bandages?

like 9 times out of 10, child """prodigies""" are just above average kids who's parents basically buy their kids success.

>The whole idea is fucking retarded but white people will use his gay as fuck invention anyway

Why say this? It leads one to believe you are a lesser race.

I'm still gettin' more pussy, word up