Ok, Sup Forums my friend told me a while ago that he thought of a new kind of Internet system...

Ok, Sup Forums my friend told me a while ago that he thought of a new kind of Internet system. Basically there is a big tube under your house and going through that tunnel is lots of flash drives the pipe goes in the back of your computer and sends Internet through that by sending the packets over flash drive. So what do you think about his new solution for slow internet.
Pic unrelated

If I bother to share bait images I'd post one.

It could definitely be viable, but first you'd need to disable the automatic overdrive crash feature in the confabulator and maybe switch to Grade-D super packet data.

One you reroute the main server and crash the intel hotspot you can refute the power source into geosynchronous orbit.

Don't forget about hacking the Gibson - you'll need that to enable super elephant frames in your ethernet packets

>super elephant frames
>not super dumbo frames
I am disappointed

So does this tube have hundreds of USB cables in it?

I drew this diagram about what he was thinking.

Ping and bandwidth would both be phenomenal.

But what if the flashdrives were really durable and we could shoot them down the path like the Large Hadron Collider.

ay you have 2 computers connected to a LAN, but you aren't connected to the internet on either of them. You are still able to transfer files between the computers easily. Now, if you were connected by a wireless router, any computer within the range of the wireless signal will be able to transfer files between each other. Then you decide to use a signal booster to increase the range of your wireless network so that you'll be able to share files with everyone in your neighborhood.

This is where my idea comes in. Internet connections usually cost money to maintain, you have to spend more to get more bandwidth and plus they are slower than direct LAN/WLAN connections. What if you were to give out signal boosters to people all over the city, and go on for every square-mile until your LAN can be accessed by millions of people? Hell, with strong enough signal boosters it should be theoretically possible to spread it all across North America. Everyone would be able to share files/folders with everyone else, WITHOUT needing access to the internet. IP addresses can't even be used to track down because it's a network without internet access, your IP address would not be associated with any ISP.

Download speeds would be amazing, they would only be limited by the strength of the wireless signal, so in any urban area you'd never get speeds lower than 10MB/s. At first it would just be like a P2P program where you'd download files from other people's shared folders, but then websites would not cost anything to host because it's just a matter of putting your website in a shared folder and leaving your computer on.
Fuck, everything about this sounds awesome. The only downside I could see of this is that being connected to the same network leaves everyone's computers wide open to hackers... who gives a shit, I want to try this. I wonder how much money it would cost to start out and get enough of a signal to cover a few blocks.

>Sup Forums

If this is bait I'll bite.
Even if what you're talking about was possible the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands arn't wide enough. The whole network would be slammed with interference.

Let's just ignore layer 3 traffic and focus assume somehow all of these routers are in bridge mode or something it wouldn't work because the routers can't handle that large of a spanning tree.

I feel like this is copypasta though. I swear I've seen this same thing posted.

Looks like a five headed dick

I have a better idea OP. How about we deploy pigeons to carry the internet from home to home.

A flash drive traveling at the speed of a proton in the LHC would have close to the momentum of a jumbo jet at top cruising speed

>A flash drive traveling at the speed of a proton in the LHC would have close to the momentum of a jumbo jet at top cruising speed
I didn't believe this so I did the calculation and wow you're right!

So shoot them into space where there's less gravity and momentum

Obviously troll however what about level 4? Can you imagine tcp being implemented in this way? How fast could you shove those usb sticks where we could establish a stream?

My friend did something similar on a smaller scale once. I asked him, and here's what he said:
>you'd have to increase the read/write speed by overclocking the usb's cylinders
>there would have to be about 2.8 quingillion usbs in the system for it to viable
>each usb is essentially a single IP packet
>you'd need to lube up the usb ports with enough KY jelly for an elephant orgy to keep the heat under control
Go for it man

>You'll never travel back to 2000-2005
>You'll never play Diablo 2 again during it's prime years
>You'll never make tons of friends doing Blood and Baal runs
>You'll never gear up your qt Amazon
>You'll never collect a nigga's ear after wrecking them

>You'll never play ragnarok online again
>You'll never hang out with payon with others your age
>You'll never make friends and have fun while leveling
>You'll never fall in love again with a qt shutin
>You'll never experience the lag of WoE

why even live anymore