How can i learn to use the fucking linux terminal?

how can i learn to use the fucking linux terminal?

Other urls found in this thread:

quizlet.com/52039333/command-line-crash-course-linux-flash-cards/
codecademy.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just fucking google it
or use the fucking wiki of your fucking distro

codecademy has a basic course.

and then install GNU/Linux on a VM or spare computer and access it exclusively with ssh.

Use it

man

get a $1 shell account on sdf or something where you can learn to use a Unix shell productively

dumb spongeposter

linuxcommand.org
A giany pdf that gets you started

man

+ Bash related pages in the Arch Wiki

I’d just like to interject for a moment...

learn bash scripting

you don't need to learn how to script to use bash.

tldp dot org

and are the best and only ways. Staring at documentation and online code monkey courses will only get you so far when there's still no reason to use it, find new ways to integrate a shell and shell utilities into your daily workload.

I got myself comfortable with a shell by setting up a Solaris box as a terminal server, I use it almost every day to check mail, wiki surf on old hardware, take notes and manage them using scripts, store information and maintain a website. I still have a long way to go, but I feel that I can survive with nothing but a shell if I really have to.

RTFM

/thread

Read The Linux Command Line

You don't, but it can be a motivating factor to make your command line environment more useful and tailor it to your specific use case.

>>read man

Figure out how to do basic things like cat, pipe, grep. Then check out your system logs, ssh into another machine, start some processes, run a cron script, etc.

Helps if you're running a site or working on a project

this
/thread

type will tell you if a command is a binary, or an alias or hashed, a special character, etc. or a bash builtin command. man and info pages for most stuff and help pages for bash builtins.
type help
help type

This,and familarize yourself with the config files and how to manipulate them.Just take it as it comes,look shit up when you need it.Curiousity will lead you to better and better things as you become ready for them.

LEARN LINUX COMMAND LINE
the linux command line
LEARN BASH SCRIPTING
learning the bash shell 3rd, bash cookbook
LEARN SED/AWK
sed & awk 2nd

4 books, don't do online garbage, borrow from a library and use to learn interlibrary loans, scan pages you want to keep OR just pirate them because you po af

Read the man pages you cuck. Wanna know what mkdir does? Man mkdir. Ping? Man ping. You get the point. Read the fucking documentation. That's what it's there for.

$ help

quizlet.com/52039333/command-line-crash-course-linux-flash-cards/

Learn bash first

Typing rm -rf / gives you a useful manual.

start with man man

sudo rm -rf /
type in password to unlock manual
Read Manual read first page on root of manual

Just use man man

codecademy.com