This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have

This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here.
Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.
If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here.
Use as a link to find the sqt thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

fbpurity.com
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232849&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-LogicalIncrements.com Inc-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0
stackoverflow.com/questions/18736948/extended-desktop-in-linux
pastebin.com/7A4BySQJ
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P20TFWM/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile
dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>eternal subreddits on Sup Forums

I thought this board would be smarter.

The deluge Execute plugin isn't executing shit. I made sure to chmod +x, deluge is running as root, tested the script manually. wat do

>installing linux on desktop
>get through all the steps with architect
>forget that I didn't back up files from windows on my ssd
>installed linux on my ssd
how fucked am I? the files aren't "mission critical", but I would rather have them then go through the trouble of recreating them

/sqt/ cuts down on spam sempai
it'd be nice if more people actually read the sticky instead of spamming the board with "I'm lazy and I want Sup Forums to spec out a gaymen peecee for my retarded ass"

>if it's not in my subreddit it's spam

next time you post a stupid questions thread, you should put "/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread" in the subject

we even have a board for Sup Forumsirgins to spam their retarded questions

Are you fucking retard? You are fucking forgot title you stupid question yourself

My mistake; I will include it next time.

Has anyone here ever built in a Lian Li case? I'm no ricer, I just want a windowless, minimal case with good cooling.

I used to work for a computer shop and the owner would only use Lian Li cases due to them being aluminum and therefore wouldn't rust in the coastal town I live in.

I found them decent enough to work with and never had any issues with them.

Yet Sup Forums is like "Please support Sup Forums by disabling your ad blocker on *.Sup Forums.org/*, purchasing a self-serve ad, or buying a Sup Forums Pass." Yeah, so now I have to pay to not get virus? Such hypocrites. If you don't want me to use an adblocked, do not allow ads with viruses in the site.

Some of my album artwork won't show up in Subsonic, it's driving me mad. Everything is tagged properly and artwork is fine. Please help.

I found a working 'audiophille' PS1 at a goodwill (SCPH-1001), how am I supposed to use it just as a CD player? I'd go out and get a dedicated one, but why do that when I have this?

Hi all.

My graphics card is about to break down, I have 2x 1gb Hd 5870's.

Is there any point in selling these cards anymore? I've heard some people use them for bit coin mining or something.

What good value GPU should I aim to buy that can run 1920x1080 at above 30fps for my replacement?

Thanks love you.

What's the best books for ios programming and to make apps for apple products?

JUST
KISS
HER
ALREADY

Is this a good idea? Probably won't actually get a 980ti hybrid and will wait a few months for a good non-foundry edition 1080.

I'm trying to clone Windows on two partitions on my machine. I used a cloning tool to clone the source but I can't boot from it. Am I supposed to set the cloned partition as "active" in the disk manager? Or will that somehow fuck my shit up?

not sure when haswell-ep or whatever the next enthusiast platform is will come out, but unless you need a computer right now I'd wait

Meanwhile the Sup Forums wiki directs people to the SQT on its Building a PC page.

Eat shit.

Broadwell-e is being released soon but judging from the info out right now it's not gonna be much of a difference, at least in this price range.

aside from the 980, that build looks ok.
maybe swap the asrock board for a asus and the evo for a pro, or maybe a m.2 pro

thoughts?

>/sqt/ cuts down on spam sempai
No, it doesn't.

People can't be bothered to use their favorite search engine to find the answer to their question. AND they can't be bothered to read the sticky. So why do you think they would search the catalog for a /general/?

Plus it is Friday evening on the east coast. That means it is primetime shitposting.

>Meanwhile the Sup Forums wiki directs people to the SQT on its Building a PC page.
Anyone can edit the wiki, sensei. So congrats on the advertising.

Enjoy your general.

So I have a bit of trouble with how my dad handles his shit

He has this old computer he's used to with little old Windows XP on it, it's not connected to internet. He uses that just for a single purpose: old versions of software related to copying DVD movies and ripping music from CDs. He's too used to it. Tools like really old versions of Nero, Alcohol 120%, CloneDVD, AnyDVD and so on that aren't really compatible with something like Windows 7 for obvious reasons.

Issue is, this old PC is dying because he doesn't really treat his shit well either. And now he's annoyed at the fact that if he's going to buy a new computer he might not be able to use XP due to newer hardware being compatible only with newer versions of Windows.

I kinda want him to instead adapt to something that won't keep him there. Anything will do, Windows 7, Windows 10, any linux distro. I just don't think it's going to be worth a shit for him to go buy a specific more modern computer that he can use to dual boot into anything usable and XP alongside that.

Tell me, how can I help him beat this baby duck syndrome and maybe replace his old software with something that will be just simple enough for him to do these tasks?

Anyone tried the facebook purity plugin?
I'm hesitant to install a plugin for firefox from a website that isn't owned by Mozilla

fbpurity.com

>WD blue
Either get an HGST or a black, HDDs are cheap as fuck now

fool what are you talking about, i come straight to these threads with my stupid questions. however most of the time i don't get an answer

install gentoo

Throw his old computer away so he'll only have the new one and force him into using the new OS. 7 is close enough to XP anyway

I have an xp vm in proxmox JUST for an old check printing program

an actual long term solution would be to do research. find updated versions + similiar software for windows 7/8.1 that matches the functionality of his xp machine

i've done similar in the past for my mom, basically "what do you need your computer to do; what programs do you absolutely 100% need" etc etc

If I were to load Windows 7 on this laptop, would I face any serious problems, like driver problems and what not?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232849&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-LogicalIncrements.com Inc-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=5961731&SID=0

So im looking at building my first computer
one of my main concerns is to do with the motherboard having issues fitting into the case

Is there a way to tell which cases can fit which motherboards in
>inb4 size
the website im looking to buy from dont have size measurements for the motherboards, but they do for the cases.

doesnt 7 have something like "xp mode" meaning that it can run any xp program?

The general rule of thumb is that an ATX will fit in any ATX case, micro will fit in micro ATX cases, etc. Some full ATX cases can also fit micros via movable stand-offs within the case. Find a mobo size you want first then search for the cases. I think that pc part picker automatically checks size for you.

fixed for +5$, thanks!

Good, blues are horrific

hey guys I'm having difficulty running dual monitors in linux; both monitors are showing the same thing right now. They're both vga. wat do

i looked up the drivers for the ROG-G751JY on asus's site and only found 8.1/10 drivers.
i would assume the hardware would work with windows 7 as long as youre willing to fish out all the drivers from each manufacturer's page

DQMOT though

also, removing the win10 nags and adding classic shell to 8.1 makes it an alright "botnet 10" alternative :^)

i had the ssd there, so i just grapped wtf ever hdd i saw afterwards lol

DE?

cinnamon

In that case I may just embrace the botnet. I would rather have something that works instead of something that could fall to pieces any moment.

HTML > CSS > JS > PHP > FRAMEWORKS
^
Im somewhere here

Am i doing it right?

Are HGST's really as good as people make them out to be?

what you'd really be "missing out on" are whatever tools asus provides for 8.1 and 10

make sure you have a way to reset back to stock 8.1 (disk, restore usb.. something), then try installing 7 to see if it works, otherwise just fall back to 8.1

Failure rate wise? Yeah.

assuming you can get here.. does unchecking "mirror displays" not work?

if not, then i found this SO post involving xrandr, pretty sure the settings wont stick unless you mess with configs though

stackoverflow.com/questions/18736948/extended-desktop-in-linux

There are many solution to purify 10 windows and remove/block telemetric and other shit on the net
actually it's nice after that

See exactly, I have used it on a friends computer and it works very nicely like 7. I may read into purifying it and see if it can make a huge impact on the botnet.

Ignore the shitbox, but is this a bad place to store my PC if I'm gonna be gaymen? There's some vents on the side(can kinda see in the pic) but I'm not sure if it's enough. I'm considering taking that whole wall off. I usually just keep a small fan aimed at it.

Yes, but some database languages will also be useful when you start the PHP

is the back of the desk open (even if it's literally an inch from the wall)?

if so, yes
if not, youre probably still fine, check temps

SQL right?

Nah, there's just a hole for cables, but that wood is pretty thin so maybe I could take a saw to it and make it better. There was a door on there originally, which I thought was dumb, so I took it off. Runs hot when I play games but that's because its a piece of shit and I'm going to upgrade soon. I guess I just needed some confirmation that I wasn't fucking my shit up before I put something good in there. Thanks user.

yes, but for some framework dedicated to mobile app , you'll probably have to learn other database language but it will be later

Hdmi port wont work anymore.
It use to work fine, then acted weird, now not at all.
Can linux/Xorg/nvidia actually disable the hdmi port permanently?
Ive disconnected the hdd, and also booted windows cd and hdmi wont work still.

>I usually have my tv on hdmi, and monitor on vga.
>Then only used tv on hdmi and no monitor or anything on vga
>also have dvi to hdmi adapter for use on monitor to have monitor on hdmi
>computer wouldnt post with tv on hdmi
>plug hdmi-dvi cable in on monior
>computer then posts
>switch cable back to tv
>it works, have to boot like this
>now nothing will let hdmi boot up
>have to use vga

How does strtok actually works ? I don't mean how to use it, it's pretty easy, the thing is that you call the function once telling it what are the delimiters. Then you call it as many time as you want to get the strings between each delimiter. How does it remember the delimiters and where it was on your string ?

also I noticed when I plug the hdmi cord from the monitor into the computer now, the monitor goes straight to sleep mode.
Is this some kind of protection system for something like ground on the host device isnt connected, or could it indicate that a power rail is shorted somewhere?

Maybe a 380? 30fps @ 1080 is pretty easy nowadays, can probably run high/ultra settings if you lock your framerate to 30

Is it just me or did anyone else's Nexus 5 get noticeably slower over the past couple months? Not only is it slower, but doing casual browsing in Chrome makes the back of the phone turn into an inferno.

install CM
install only the apps that you need
use Opera

What are some good dual CPU server motherboards? Preferably under $400.

I plan on getting an E5-2690.

I used CM for years and about 6 months ago I reverted back to stock. When I first switched over, it was pretty much the same experience except without some of the little CM tweaks.

Right now I'm getting some packages ready so I can go back to CM. I'm also going to install a proper adblocker because I'm thinking that maybe running some of those shitty ad scripts in Chrome is contributing to the battery killing/resource usage.

It just seems a little suspicious that it slowed down relatively recently, suddenly and rapidly. I don't really touch the Play store at all, I've been using the same apps forever.

How can I reduce signal to my modem?

I moved to a different room so the cables are different. I put a splitter and I have my tv and modem connected to it. The tv works fine but the modem won't connect to comcasts servers. The modem reports levels as high as 53. I can plug directly from the wall and it will work. I tried two different splitters.

This is a specific question about Plays.tv recording software.

For some reason all the sounds are fine but my voice, it's extremely quiet and i'm not sure why. I've tried all the standard stuff such as checking audio levels; and on skype my voice can be heard just fine by other people, it's just with plays.tv.

I can post example if needed.

Here are the logs for the modem

pastebin.com/7A4BySQJ

Anons that were lurking about this time yesterday may remember me. I had a /wsr/ thread on this topic but the thread died. I've been having random PC freezes / crashes. Clean drivers, all hardware is plugged in correctly, nothing seems physically damaged.

Somebody suggested I live-boot an OS using a USB drive because it could be a SATA problem. I haven't done that yet, because I need to go buy a new USB drive.

What I DID do however, was remove my crappy power strip, and plug straight into the wall. So far the pc has been on for about an hour with no issues. Could a cheap ass power strip / surge protector really be culprit? If say, the power was insufficient for a split second, would that cause the whole pc to lock up?

For what purpose?

Game servers, probably.

A buddy of mine has been got into the winblows 10 trap, which update KB was it that forces it on your ass?

I googled it at first, but it told me it was 8 different ones when I distinctly recall Sup Forums saying it was one of them.

I can't send my friend pictures via text.
Whenever I try it says no valid recipient for this MMS.
Anyone know how to fix this?
If not what's a good messaging app I could try instead? I'm using Textra now.

how do i play blu-ray discs on windows 10?

I'm sick of expensive canned air that runs out quickly and I've heard a lot of suggestions to get a Datavac. Is this little model the one to get, the bigger canister one, or is another brand similar device like Xpower Airrow or CompuCleaner better?

I was thinking about getting one of these and have been considering it for like a decade. I have an airbrush compressor though I can blow air with and then can use a duster internally. I've used normal vacuums before with no issues too.

Overall I feel paranoid and that I should get an antistatic vac, but its never been an issue and they seem awfully expensive and not necessairly worth it.

Datavac is the standard, dunno how those other brands are. I have this one and it's been pretty good so far.

Video card memory question, is it HBM2 or HMB2? I've seen both.

Pick up that bottle cap

The system cannot start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll can't be found on the PC. Try to reinstall the software to correct this problem.

HBM2. High Bandwidth Memory. HMB2 is a typo at best, quite possibly illiteracy or cheapass chinese knockoff tier english.

sounds like you should
>Try to reinstall the software to correct this problem.
or stop resisting and install gentoo

Thanks guys. I guess I'm undecided between the big one and the little one. I don't really care about the suck function, I don't intend to use that inside my computer so I can use my normal hoover for that. I'd be willing to pay the ~20 bucks extra for the big one if it blows better or is more durable. But I'm kinda turned off by the extra bulk and consumable bags vs. a rinseable filter.

It's the gamecube emulator (dolphin).
I already installed the visual c++ 2008 both 32 and 64 bits.

Yeah, the bags are kind of a pain. Having a rinseable filter would be nice.

Why is it that some youtube videos require that I have adobe flash and others don't?
Using Vivaldi.

Do I just need to upgrade my graphics card to be able to max next gen games?

My phone's got a busted headphone jack and work sucks without music to keep me distracted. I'm looking into a bluetooth reciever for a cheap solution rather than buying wireless headphones since I already have several pairs of decent headphones around.

Anyone have any experience with these? As of now I was looking at amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P20TFWM/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

Pretty much. A 770 is just a hair more powerful than a 960, so you should be getting decent performance on that already. If you really, really, really need to game to have all those sliders to the right and keep a locked 60 fps, you kinda need a gtx 980 / 1070 or r9 390x overclocked. Polaris is being announced june 1st though. Wait for that at least.

also what clock speed is that cpu running at? Did you really buy a "k" series processor and leave it stock clocks?

I don't get as good fps as I used to when I first got this rig. Doesn't quite run newer games at anything but lowest/barely medium. Not sure if this tells you anything I don't know anything about overclocking as I didn't want to fuck it up. But I think i'm going to dick around with overclocking my shit so I can run things again. Scared about overclocking because my pc is basically a space heater and I don't know if overclocking at these temps are safe.

space heater? that cpu shouldn't run that hot. Not sure about the 770 if that's an inherently hot card or not. What are your temps? Are your fans properly cleaned? Has it been more than 18 months since you put on thermal paste? Does your case have good air flow?

So, we have a spare laptop that we want to use as a media PC, but the screen was broken, so I removed the entire display and it works to boot to an external monitor just fine.
But it still detects it's nonexistent display and outputs the splash screen and bios to the nonexistent screen.
>Is there a way to permanently disable the nonexistent display so everything gets forced to it's video output?
I need to get to the BIOS to change boot settings.

Case has shit airflow and the everything is clogged to shit with dust. I'm going to clean it soon. Could you tell me about overclocking though?

If your case has shit air flow, and if it's not just the fault of dust, buy a new case. You have very good mid-range parts in there, with only the gpu being a little dated.

Nevermind. Already figured out and solved the issue.

I've used one, BT is easy enough to use but the sound quality is ass. But if you're just using it for background noise then it might be suitable. If you want good sound quality you might be able to use a USB DAC with your phone, but you probably won't be able to charge the phone simultaneously. Which can be a problem because the DAC will drain your battery faster.

But aside from that, I think those are your only options other than fixing the jack. I've actually also done that before on an old Galaxy Nexus, and it's really not that difficult. Some phones are somewhat modular when you open them up, so you might only need to order a little board with a jack on it.

I was going to clean it and make it look real nice but I was discouraged since i'm not really able to run anything anymore. So I thought what was even the point.

Oh and another option would be to get a cheap portable music player and using that instead of your phone

What should I put on my github account?

How do I install xposed framework on a rooted samsung galaxy s5? which one of these is the right one? dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/