Best torrent program for raspberry pi 2 running rasbian? Also how does Sup Forums read and write ext4 in Winshit 7?

Best torrent program for raspberry pi 2 running rasbian? Also how does Sup Forums read and write ext4 in Winshit 7?

forget reading and writing ext4 on win7.

i just use rtorrent on my pi.

Nice, thanks.
I have 800gb of movies I want to move from my ntfs drive to my ext4 drive and my raspberry moved only half of the files in 13h so I'm looking for a different solution.

You could make a bootable usb and run it on ur wincuck pc

That solves my problem, thanks.
Also, I use ssh to control my raspberry and therefore only use the terminal. So when I move files and such I cannot see the progress of the operation. Is there any fix to that?

Well, what do you use? Scp? Rsync?

the pi can read ntfs with the ntf-3g driver.
so you can just make it read and write on a ntfs partition, but set the down/up rate on your pi low because ntfs writing is cpu taxing.

Did you read my original post?
I tried using the raspberry to move the files already having the ntf-3g driver installed ofc but that would take roughly 26 hours

Deluge

Accept no other substitute

if you're using cp, you can use just the verbose option. or you can use something like pv in tandem

rtorrent

Getting mixed messages here, why use deluge over rtorrent or the other way around?

Pros/cons?

Am indeed using cp, didn't think of verbose thanks.

deluge is best torrent client i've used. source everyday user for half a year now after trying different ones for a bit. It has a no nonsense all information layout lets you customize any setting to your preference and just werks.

Btw, something I value greatly is remote control as I am using sftp to stream the media to vlc on my other devices.

Sounds nice, can it download torrents sequentially, meaning start downloading the first blocks of the torrent first?

>ssh
>cp
I don't understand. Mounted network share or something?

I had both harddrives connected to the raspberry pi at the time.

From what i'm sourcing from google you cannot download sequentially because the devs know its bad for the swarm. So if you wanna do that I think vuze can do it.

Well I'ts not neccesary, I usually dont use it because I know it harms the swarm. I onlt use it when I have friends over and want to start watching something immediately.

And vuze, a third one huh. Since the raspberry might both stream 1080p movies and download some torrents at the same time I should focus on getting a client that is as lightweight as possible.

I used to use mounted network share with Samba but that and the harddrive using ntfs brought the speed down to 1MB/sec which was only barely enough to stream 1080p. The cpu on the pi was simply not powerful enough. Now with ext4 and ftp it works fine though.

Your delusional if you think a raspberry pi can encode 1080p video unless you are streaming to other computers and not a setup top box like a roku or an xbox/playstation

>Also how does Sup Forums read and write ext4 in Winshit 7?

>windows
>any version, ever
>support for any filesystem other than ntfshit and crapt32
you must be joking

If windows had support for any of that shit I wouldn't even have any use for linux on my pc anymore

Fucking lazy assholes over at microsoft, what the fuck do all those people do all this time? I would expect a fucking lot more results and improvements over the years with their manpower and resources

>use deluge
>start my 300 torrent
>literally the slowest sack of shit I've ever used, unresponsive AF, shit took 30 seconds to update

>try transmission
loads up the torrents in no time, never locks up, fast as all hell

Deluge, not even once

What do you mean encode? Why would I want to encode video on my raspberry, I want to decode to watch the movies straight off the raspberry using omxplayer which is specifically made for the raspberrys gpu and can play 1080p just fine. And as for streaming you dont encode nor decode, then its just a matter of moving information from the raspberry to some other device.

I use plex to stream from a server pc to a roku

Agreed, I only use windows because I still enjoy playing games occationally. I have tried making it feel like linux as much as possible, I can reccomend installing cmder. Its a terminal that has many of the linux commands and even some programs built in like ssh and is highly customisable.

Well my server pc is a raspberry and I can't plug a roku to my phone but I can stream to my phone with sftp