twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What games do you play?
How many fps in witcher 3?

>buy 980 ti
>have more than 3.5vram
cya nerd

>gaming
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>spending $650 on a card that's gonna be outperformed by 2x in 2 years by a mid range $250 AMD card

Nvidiots, everyone.

>Paying more than $200 for 1080p gaming
you're doing it wrong.

If you like medium with a few settings on high

I like to max out my games thank you very much

R9 280X

>buy 960 for 1080p gaming
>also no problems
:^)

>muh 16x AA
>muh post processing
If that's worth over $100 to you, fine

Over the life of the graphics card, yeah

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>1080p gaming
Literally console tier, kill yourself.

it's "carrot" you fucking retard

>spending $250 on a card that's gonna be outperformed by 2x in 2 years by another $250 card

>pop 970 in my 4 year old i52500k rig
>all games max settings still

Feels good, and ill be all good until 4k isn't a meme.

What's it like to be poor and have to worry about spending $700 once or twice a year?

Oh and
>buying mid range
>ever

Why fucking bother.

> Has Sup Forums failed
Yes. Every day, almost every thread.

I'll never understand this mentality.
>wait two decades, then you can get that performance for $5!

Nice poorfag card, loser

A 960 will easily do high and most settings on max.

A 960 and a quality 1080p monitor is all you need for gaming.

Actually I wonder how close that is to reality. I bet a Pi Zero comes close to the Pentium that I had 20 years ago.

>believing Sup Forums

Posted from my iPhone

If you can't afford $700 every two years... you should just just back on the fries.

Fuck, my car insurance is like $1000 a year. Probably have paid ~$16,000 in car insurance and have only filed one claim for $500.

Wait for the Pi minus one, it's going to be twice as powerful for one dollar.

That's how the insurance jew works, you dumb shit.

>buy $200 GTX 970
>can play everything max on 1080
>wait comfortably for 1070

Just because you have "literally no problems with it" doesn't mean that you couldn't have gotten something better for the same money/less money

captcha: 390

You need to make sure to drive like a retard to justify the cost.

Actually autistic or b8

same. amd guys, stop breaking balls! nvidia cards are fine! they work! I switched my card for a friend's r9 380 (same tier of my 960) and is the fucking same! without nvidia services like streaming, shadowplay and shit. but performance is the same, for same price! so why don't you first try some nvidia card before you talk?! jeez.
I know hardware is superior, but they perform equal, and games are nvidia optimized, so stop talking shit

It did take people 4 months to find out about the vram issue. Says something about the severity of the issue.

>spending 650$
>spending 250$

Now you tell me which one is better. If I take the money from not buying a 650$ card NOW and put it in silver, I can do 2 upgrades down the line instead of one.

There is no card out right now that can run games on ultra settings at 60+fps at a higher resolution.

>tfw paid $500 ensurance
>tfw got $4k within 1 year because of some idiot

You see, user, insurance is something you NEED to legally drive (at least where I live). You don't NEED a new graphics card every two years.

t. Retard

So you're saying there is or you play your games in 360p at 15fps?

Actually, there's a resolution called 1440p

Witcher 3 and ROTR with ultra settings do not go 60+ at 1440p.

>not being poor
>your complaints don't apply
later pajeet

>not having $250 right now and not being able to save 10 dollars a month for 2 years to get another card

bepoor

they are good goys mate. they keep the money flowing into nvidia R&D. I mean, you know how hard it is to relaease 10% faster cards every 2 years?

>buy 290x
>get full 4GB and 980 performance
>PC also becomes space heater for cold winters

>Save
I think you meant invest.

>AMD goes into laptop gpus
>now tent-heater for on the go!

Not user but I have a 970 too. Play most new games.
Witcher 3 maxed bar hairworks (set to low) 45-55 fps

>mfw in 6 days a new gpu comes out that beats this and is cheaper.
Hell even the 1070 is better

I wonder how the 1070 will compare to the 970.

I use a 970 evga ssc for 1440p gaming.
Great card, never understood the hate.

techreport.com/news/30142/nvidia-confirms-geforce-gtx-1070-specifications

Because people were pissed off that a lot of us bought them and they worked amazingly.
Most who hated were trolling as they couldnt afford them even though they were cheap

Yeah they said I shouldn't get the galaxy S6 and that it had bad battery life.

So I decided to get one and the battery life is insane, I can easily pull 2-3 days with it.

I also love the camera, build quality, Samsung browser and the fingerprint scanner.

Wrong thread user?

>290x
>980 performance
>yfw

Why wrong thread, did you read what OP asked?

Im going mad, sorry old age kicking in

No worries you old fart

about as hard as taking last year's card changing the name and raising the price.

As long as you dont exclusively play AAA then the extra VRAM is irrelevant any way. The only graphically intensive game from this era I have is DaS 3, and it's optimized for the 970.

>stock 290X
>currytech

Nice try, Pajeet. Any third party 290X with a mild overclock (i.e. a 390X) will match a 980.

>he actually believes this

I recently ordered a GTX 750ti off eBay but got scammed by being sent the wrong item in the right box. I paid £90 (buyer said it would be new). I got a (used) HD 7850 instead, should I refund or keep

The 7850 is actually a little more powerful but it consumes more power and is slightly older tech, not that that matters much.

>overclocking a 290x

File an eBay claim to prevent shit like this from happening. You may get to keep the card and get your money back. That's what happened with me Last time I bought RAM

My R9 380 Nitro.

It serves me well. Might not be top tier but it has run everything I've thrown at it on max without issue.

It says I can only do it after 8 days of the transaction, did you wait or do it immediately?

R9 390 here. Everything including hairworks on Uber and Im getting steady 55 fps. Without the hairworks it's in the 6x. Just saying.

7850>750ti

>17 separate benchmarks
>1 relative benchmark
Wew lads, we got a live one!

Yeah but I could easily get a r9 270x for the same amount of money

how is Wildstar these days? I played it for like a month when it launched but something happened and I stopped playing MMOs, it was fun as fuck though. Feel like getting back into it.

Amen. I ended up getting one because the EVGA shortie was the only thing that would fit comfortably in my case. Works great.

Cool. And where is its versions of mfaa, gamestream, compatibility with hackintosh, and various other exclusivity I don't mention? Believe it or not, getting a few more fps after months of waiting for driver updates doesn't make it superior. This isn't even taking into account that 970s are found far cheaper.

>mfw my friend is selling me his 980 for $250 because he wants to upgrade

>mfw get a job nigger and you can get something better

I bought an r9 390 an i have no problems at all :)

post a pic of your 390

as close as i could get

>mfw you have no face

lol'd

Well to me getting few more fps us the reason to choose specific gpu.

And also pricing varies on shitload of factors, you know that. It was cheaper than 970 when I was buying.

Is the 970 going to drop significantly when the 1080 is released?

> 1080p

1440p here. Good luck getting 60fps with your meme70

Wow, I can't wait to build or buy a desktop mostly for video games.

I bet you guys are having plenty of fun playing games like Witcher, Overwatch and Doom.

Im not sure if this is sarcastic or real

youtube.com/watch?v=32IfYb4vIRw

It just werks.

I play shadow of mordor maxed out on my 680 on fucking Linux. It isn't a demanding game

no

>Have 560 Ti
>Want to upgrade for some reason
>all I ever play is WoT and now stellaris

what is wrong with me