Its been so long yet its still so fucking expensive

Its been so long yet its still so fucking expensive

Fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

the-digital-reader.com/2016/03/06/onyx-boox-max-ereader-up-for-pre-order-13-screen-android-585-euros/
willus.com/k2pdfopt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's expensive because the economy is shit, a girl has to eat you know. But don't worry you'll lose your virginity one day.

You type as if you become more retarded with each keystroke.

That wasn't very nice.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.

economics 101 supply versus demand

Oh, come now, you're better than that. Stop being a bully!

Yeah I've been following this for 3 years and it's going nowhere. It'll take a big change in the way epaper is produced.

t. free market will fix it homo
Finish highschool before talking about economics.

Use a real book you capitalist pleb

Oh it's the 'frustrated gender gets her revenge out of her sandy vagina' episode, boys and inferiors!

Probably a bot.

I FUCKING WANT THIS, HOW COME THERE HAS BEEN LITTLE TO NO ALTERNATIVES TO THIS SHIT

I think it still dropped like $200 since launch, but yeah, I'd buy one for the price of a cheap tablet, not for $800

found this
the-digital-reader.com/2016/03/06/onyx-boox-max-ereader-up-for-pre-order-13-screen-android-585-euros/
but it costs the same.

those bezels are huge

Can't even buy one in Canada.

Fucking Sony, why do you have to fuck everything that's good?

yeah it ends up costing pretty much the same as the sony, but at least it can loads epubs, what about JPGs?, will it have a browser?

its like they dont want to make money

They think they're still a premium brand. It will be their unmaking.

They dont. They lose on playstations

it's obviously meant for a niche market seeing how it comes with a left handed stylus

We finally get fast refresh or colors

E-ink displays would be based

>not knowing how to write moon runs

You don't get to have nice things in this world.

i like the idea, but i don't feel like falling for any more memes, so fuck it.

The new Apple iPad Pro is a far superior choice.

two things make something cheap. one, economies of scale (many millions of them are being made, so massive automation can make them very cheap) and two, competition (many companies are making very similar products so none of them has much pricing power, keeping the price down near the cost of production)

this has neither, as far as I know.

it's not meant for consumers, it's sold to businesses

but... they are. The struggle with TVs because it's hard to differentiate there because all LCD tvs are basically the same. Unfortunately there's no trinitrons anymore

BTFO
T
F
O

I just want a 12"+ ereader to read hentai on without paying out the ass

don't buy Onyx
worst experience ever

Samshit Lagaxy Nope Pro 12.2

When will you idiots realize it's not intended for poor neets who want to read doujins. It's meant for businesses and workplaces who have the money. It's a premium niche products which will inherently be expensive.

He isn't talking about some kind of solution to the high price, that is literally the reason why this and everything else is as expensive as it is.

Because there's no demand for it in the consumer market. Most people use e-readers just to read books which doesn't require a huge display.

why?

I bought their Onyx T68.
Received a product with known hardware issue (when battery meter drops below ~50%, device reboots automatically and gets stuck in bootloop until recharged). No recognition from Onyx and no replacement.

You can find 13 inch android tablets for like 400 dollars.

Are you really assuming something from everyone based on a single post that was made late in the thread?

Could you be any more of a moron?

Not even the same screen, input and speed

You're an idiot if you think they don't make money with Playstation

Looks like a bigger kindle, so basically a fucking pain in the ass to use for anything that's not relatively linear (ie. no papers, no reference books, no workbooks where the solutions are at the end, etc). I have the latest kindle (before the Oasis) and it's still pretty slow.

Oh god I watched a review video, slower than the Kindle, not even a backlight and they're charging $800. I bet the gimmicky pen is the reason it's so expensive.

Nope. The PS4 has been the major source of revenue that has been keeping Sony afloat. You're literally a fucking retard. Anyone can read their fucking quarterly financial statements to see how wrong you are.

How's the durability? my kindle 3G is as delicate as a flower.

They really aren't anymore though.

VAIO is dead.
Canon and Nikon have more of the camera market.
Samsung and Apple have the smartphone market.
Playstation is hardly a premium brand.
Harmon/Kardon and Bang & Olufson dominate the sound market.
Bravia is the closest thing they have to a premium line, and Vizio and other brands are slurping up those customers now.

That's not to say they aren't a GOOD brand, but they don't really have any place in the premium space anymore. Nobody really brags about having "Sony" optics or sound or displays in their products.

a7s and a6300 are pretty legit bragging rights

Why not just use pdf reflow? Am I the only one who does this? It took me 3 years to discover this tool but it finally paid off.
willus.com/k2pdfopt/

seriously what's up with this giant e-readers meme. It's stupid. If you need that massive e-ink screen to be able to read you need glasses son, get THAT.

It's more about writing things down. its nice having a digital letter size paper around to note

When they make responsive books and papers, sure. Ever tried reading a paper or a pdf with figures, formulas and annotations on a Kindle? The formatting gets all fucked up.

i like them because its like reading a real book. I can literally read real books for hours without it bothering my eyes. I need to have the occasional break with iPads and what-not. Don't you?

>Canadian market will make Sony money
Leave

it expensive cause poorfags shan't have nice things

Does that shit have directories? Can sanely display PDFs (line scrolling?) ?

I know Kindle Paperwhite does as much as it can to be unusable aside from buying books on their cloud.

What cloud? I pirate all my books and Kindle works perfectly.

>knowing why prices are high makes you a libertarian
and you wonder why libertarians with a single microeconomics class in their belt think they know everything

Yeah, but it only works well with mobi. You can't scroll PDFs or navigate filesystem.

Fuck that, can I just please have a netbook with an eink display and a wireless card that will let me connect to the internet via cell towers so I can have a remote terminal I can take anywhere and have it last for days since it's doing little to no work locally?

That's a hardware limitation, the only reason the Sony works well with PDFs is because it's so big that you never have to scroll. If you zoom in on the Sony and scroll the page it's just as unresponsive. If by "you can't" you literally mean you can't scroll PDFs on the Kindle (and not that it's slow to do so) then you're wrong.
The file system things is true, as a workaround you can use groups as folders.

the wifi would kill the battery unless it was still pretty big. CPUs are more of a power drain still.
Still want to see what can be done with it, though.

Big battery is just fine for me. I only say netbook to emphasize that it doesn't need to be powerful.

There are e ink android phones that last multiple days. I can't find anything better.

just use some random pdf reader + twilight, and/or reduce the brightness manually

I have and old kobo touch, it's /comfy/

He obviously meant that they sell playstations at a loss and then make it back of course with sales

Only Panasonic makes the god tier plasma TV recently actually

Is this shitpost generator?