Hide away Windows 10 and make it look like Windows 7

I hate Windows 10 and his older siblings 8 and 8.1 is there some sort of
modded windows 10 that has a complete windows 7 theme? From boot-logo to
logon screen to desktop just like windows 7, isn't there anything? Or am i
asking this too early?

classic shell+custom theme

That would still leave the logon screen the same and the boot logo, are they not modifiable?

There are things called skin packs that allow the user to change the theme of their wndows OS to something else (taskbar and window textures etc..)

why is everything in windows 10 white

its too expensive to bother to change colors.

Because Microsoft came over it, dried-up sold it for free because it felt great.

Jesus christ why does a logo matter

Yeah you're right, it doesnt really matter that much, I would just find it a plus if it was possible.

Yeah there's a special windows 10 reskin pack call "just fucking reinstall windows 7 you massive faggot.sknpk"

Boot logos/login screens can be modified in fact, I'm using a custom login screen to make my windows 7 look like 10
Git gud.

You can force the Windows 7 Basic theme on 10 by forcefully turning off desktop composition, but it breaks some of the basic functionality of the OS; Alt+Tab doesn't show up, can't use certain Windows key hotkeys, can't open interfaces like Open With and Settings, can't shut down, etc. until you turn desktop composition back on.

I wouldn't mind the new design language, if they had actually redone the whole thing. Instead you get some new menus with the flat new look that have less than no functionality apart from having a button hidden somewhere, which brings you to a window that existed in fucking Vista. Had they put all the functionality into the new design menus and thrown away the old ones, I'd really enjoy win 10

So folks, I turned on my computer today and was greeted with a message from micro$haft "recommending" that I upgrade my computer. It only provides me with two options: "upgrade now" and "upgrade later". How the fuck do I prevent them from doing this? Is there a way to disable Windows updates to prevent this? I heard that clicking the x-out option just causes it to automatically update, is this true?

I'm not sure how on Windows 10, all i could say is disable "Automatic updates" you can find it in Control Panel when you select "Windows Update", you're not the first one everybody is forced to windows 10, right now I'm on Windows 7 64bit with trying to find a way to get Windows 10 without the spying shit and without the Metro UI and that digital side chick cortana, just plain simpel windows 10 running like 7

Thanks for the information! I didn't know that! Even tho its a bummer that it crashes its good to know that some elements are still in there, it just needs those files back that made up that W7 theme, hopefully some theme modders will go far enough to make "old school" theme come back

Its the other way around, you're talking about chainging Windows 7 theme, I'm talking about changing Windows 10 theme to the older Windows 7 theme. Dont get confused now.

I'm currently on Windows 7 64bit, not making any move until Windows 10 becomes more bearable, I started from Windows ME all the way to W7 everytime Microsoft included the older themes throughout the years, cool of them to do that, but nobody uses the Windows 95 theme its 20 years old, but compared to W7 the theme that W7 used lasted 7 years and it was a great theme I think.

>I'm autistic and can't deal with change

>Even tho its a bummer that it crashes
You can stop it from crashing by going through some very specific steps with Process Explorer.
>run Process Explorer as administrator
>right-click explorer.exe and kill the process
>right-click winlogon.exe and suspend the process
>right-click dwm.exe and kill the process (this will give you a black screen)
>press Ctrl+R, type explorer, press Enter
That should give you the Windows 7 Basic theme with a mostly-functional Windows. Opening Process Explorer as admin again and resuming winlogon.exe will automatically make dwm.exe open again and return things back to normal. You might be able to accomplish this in the registry with some of the old keys to disable desktop composition, but I didn't wanna screw around in there.

It might be worth approaching the Winaero guy about, he's given tools to fix a lot of the other things people didn't like about 10. I'm fairly tech illiterate so I don't know how you'd go about it, but there's gotta be a way to disable the overlay drawn by desktop composition without outright disabling it.

Also, doing this while using Aero Lite or a high contrast theme gives you a really minimalist and lightweight theme that sorta looks like the Classic theme, pic related.

Interesting, Ill try this out in vmware see what i can find and beyond that, thanks for the info.

The thing is now that updates are forced and they often break themes it's a real hassle.

I don't like the looks of w10 but that's the reality of it