Are M2 SSDs just a meme?

Are M2 SSDs just a meme?
How do they compare to satas?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Aleratec-mSATA-Drive-Converter-Frame/dp/B00D4CVLNG/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462199505&sr=1-2&keywords=msata to sata 1.8"
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PCIE bus /thread

They're usually shit, I had a Toshiba ultrabook that kept fucking up the OS before dying in the middle of use

The only good ones are made by Samsung

Depends on your use case just like everything else.if you do a LOT of workloads that need very fast read/writes, it'll probably be worth it.

For a gaymer or regular every day computer use? Not a chance it would be needed.

That being said the 950 pro is damn fast for those who can make use of the speed.

>2GB/s sequential read
I'm drooling

yeah it's nice to have, but not needed for most people and just a waste of money.

>For a gaymer or regular every day computer use? Not a chance it would be needed.
950 pro user here. cant agree with this dude. Im so happy that i got myself the 950. its fucking insanely fast. best choice ive made im telling you

I vomited from those nails
what are you:white nigger?

Well as someone who has ~3TB worth of SSDs from ~4 generations I can tell you that it's placebo, there is no difference in gaming between a 950 pro and an 840 evo.

Hell, if you're using the 950 pro as your boot drive it will take longer to boot up than a SATA drive because the BIOS of your motherboard takes longer to Initialize PCI lanes than it does SATA. Meaning it takes an extra ~10-20 seconds to boot using an M.2 drive compared to an older SATA drive.

The only real areas you notice the increased speeds are if you have google fiber or similar 1gbps+ internet. Then you can actually download at full speeds because you have a drive that can keep up.

If he was close to cutting them it's fine.

People who cut their nails super short are retarded. What you want is the thinnest layer of "white nail" possible. If you clip deep into the red nail you're just a fucking idiot.

>there is no difference in gaming between a 950 pro and an 840 evo.
Gaming? who said anything about gaming? of course youre not gonna gain any fps on your games. you might aswell use your HDD for that

>Hell, if you're using the 950 pro as your boot drive it will take longer to boot up than a SATA drive because the BIOS of your motherboard takes longer to Initialize PCI lanes than it does SATA.

What if you use it with a SATA adapter?

Like this one
amazon.com/Aleratec-mSATA-Drive-Converter-Frame/dp/B00D4CVLNG/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462199505&sr=1-2&keywords=msata to sata 1.8"

I don't know it's from some cretin's amazon review

this thing gets up to like 60C under load

M2 is only worth it if you want PCIE speeds *and* your M2 card is not bottlenecked by running as a SATA III device.

Also keep in mind they tend to be more expensive.

Where do you notice it then? Please tell me because it isn't in launching programs or day to day tasks. Nothing the average person is doing will even stress a SATA 3 SSD, let alone actually being able to tell the difference between a good SATA 3 SSD and the 950 Pro M.2

I mean sure that cuts down on the boot time, but then you're back to being limited to 6gbps, and when you can hit over 17gbps with the 950 pro.... it's just not gonna give you full speeds.

>Where do you notice it then? Please tell me because it isn't in launching programs or day to day tasks.
of course exactly there.

I've got an m.2 950 Pro which is badass and I've got some no name Samsung m.2 drive that is garbage.

If I understand correctly m.2 is just a form factor. My shit drive has speeds similar to sata drives

Lol, like I said, placebo. Nothing, and i mean literally nothing you do in your day will let you feel the difference between an 850 pro or a 950 pro.

I own a 950 pro and several other SSDs as I said. You can't feel any difference in speed during normal usage at all.

>Lol, like I said, placebo
ouch.. someones jealous

...of what? I own the 950 pro, its my boot drive, and as I've said it's a great drive, but you're kidding your self if you think it makes a difference in your day to day use.

>SSDs just a meme
Step aside plebs, mechanical master race coming thru

do you still use CPUs based on electorn tubes?

>10,000 RPM

GOTTA GO FAST

crybaby

>not using holographic crystal skull storage tech