PC build help

i have built a computer and checked the specs over and over again. I just cant seem to get the darn thing to post. runs and turns on but will not show up on the monitor. This is the second motherboard since the first was DOA. PLEASE HELP.
specs:
GPU: XFX Double Dissipation R9 380 990MHZ XXX OC 4GB DDR5 DisplayPort HDMI DUAL DVI
motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING DDR3 2133 ATX AMD Motherboard
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM XMP (HX318C9SRK2/16)
CPU: AMD FD832EWMHKBOX FX-8320E FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
power: 650w

Other urls found in this thread:

msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/pc-components/1222-gigabyte-ga-970a-d3p-amd3-970-4xddr3-2x-pci-e20x16-sata3-usb30-gblan-raid-atx-motherboard.html
msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/ssd/13820-kingston-shfs37a-120g-hyperx-fury-120gb-sata3-ssd-solid-state-drive.html
msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/pc-components/73-amd-am3-x8-fx-8320-35ghz-8core-16m-125w-boxed-cpu.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you tried installing Gentoo?

as if i could while its not posting

Try running the computer with one cpu cable , instead of two . Take one of the 4 pin connectors out then try booting .

took the top one out and it didn't change. turns fans, cpu, lights, but not monitor on
:(

now put it back in and take the other one out

still the same. tried without either haha and nothing changed
comes with built in speaker and no sound

I want to know why you are using two different kinds of screws to hold the motherboard to the standoffs.

You did install the stand offs in the case, right?

There's a sysfan1 where you can plug the fan near the back of the case, but no, you had to snake it around to the fucking spot near where the RAM is.

That HD audio plugin at bottom right is misaligned.

And did you really plug in BOTH 4-pins to provide power for your CPU?

Where's the tabasco sauce?

while doing this the power button actually fixed from just being able to turn on to turning on and off

you can try booting without whatever you have in the first pcie slot . you can also remove the gpu and all the ram and try booting. the speaker should start beeping like crazy , all mobos do this and if your doesn't it's dead or the psu is bad .

have used this psu before and have had no problems but only on this it fucks up.my other motherboard it works

pci slot is a wifi... and I removed the ram, gpu ,cpu and no sounds. this is the same reason i sent the first motherboard back

you're sure it has a built in speaker ?

>Where's the tobasco sauce?
Keked

i get there are missing standoff bolts. again I ask would this cause it to just not show monitor?

that's not a speaker so you aren't gonna hear beep codes .
it's not missing some standoffs , it's not having any . the back of the mobo touches the metal of the case and shorts the mobo . if you use standoffs that doesn't happen .

fair haha all wiring is pulled out for visibility. Id rather it look bad now and find a problem then have it look nice now and not work. But I'm sure you knew this clearly

thank you. I did kind of assume it was a speaker haha. there are stand offs but not bolts in all as you can see. i will have the bolts all in tomorrow with the new set. thank you. anything else?

yeah, don't buy AMD CPUs
>buying AMD when Zen is around the corner

as long as you have standoffs you are good .

if you look here this shows you slots 1 and 3 are considered the "first" slots . you have your memory sticks in the second and fourth

same setup i had ran on the last motherboard with no problems. duly noted

i would recommend one of these because they let your computer tell you what the issue is .
a lot of mobos come with these in the box

didn't come with one so its ordered and will be here tomorrow (:

look up your mobos beep codes in the manual that's the last advice i can really give

There's also a second way to fuck this up which is to install too many standoffs or install them in the wrong places, which ends up causing you to short the mobo anyway most likely.

Many mobos these days have LEDs that tell you which stage of POST you're at. Sometimes they're not indicated in the manual, so try looking around the board for any LEDs you don't know the purpose of.

the pattern it shows in the manual for stand offs is only in the corners. there are 9 slots but it only says to use those 4 in a small photo haha its kinda vague

>AMD cpu
>nvidia gpu
you fucked up in the worst possible way

I can see a bunch of mounting holes with missing standoffs, which tells me you fucked up somehow. The chassis should have some indication of which holes you should use for ATX and which for mATX. If not then look up a chart on the internet and make sure you have one standoff per mounting hole and that all standoffs have a corresponding hole. Also, use the correct screws.

If you haven't done so yet, do a CMOS reset. This is sometimes required even for brand new boards.

Did you fix the fucking misconnected HD audio connector?

hahaha yes the connector wasn't put in all the way but it is now. again I cant do much tonight about the rest of the standoffs but i have never had more than 4 on and had problems. did reset the CMOS. nothing changed

would this stop it from working? or are you saying that because I did stick to just Nvidia

Intel cpu and amd gpu right now is the best combo

Try this massive list of steps
Re seat the ram.
Only one ram stick (all ram slots and both sticks)
Re seat processor.
Re seat gpu.
Clean the gpu pcie connector with a natural material or alcohol (cotton not the polyester shit and non drinking alcohol)

I've had this exact problem. Solved it by moving the RAM sticks (they didn't boot in slot 2 and 4, so I put them in 1 and 3).

Didn't wanna shit up a thread so r8 my build:

msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/pc-components/1222-gigabyte-ga-970a-d3p-amd3-970-4xddr3-2x-pci-e20x16-sata3-usb30-gblan-raid-atx-motherboard.html
msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/ssd/13820-kingston-shfs37a-120g-hyperx-fury-120gb-sata3-ssd-solid-state-drive.html
msy.com.au/vic/mitcham/pc-components/73-amd-am3-x8-fx-8320-35ghz-8core-16m-125w-boxed-cpu.html

Thoughts?
Gonna chuck a 270x from my current build in it and use a dodgy 600w Asian PSU I stole from work

PCIE connector (red) from the PCU isnt the cable plugged into the gpu!!! could this be it? its into the cables they gave and back into an inline 4 prong female cable.ran all those test a few times.

front panel led is now flashing at start up and power down. 1 short pulse then 1 rapid pulse.

try taking out the graphics card and troubleshoot from the motherboards onboard vga. also insert your ram sticks one at a time. i was able to determine my issue was a failed ram stick and ended up rma and get a new one. the new ones worked when i got them.

For fucks sake. Just push those RAM sticks harder inside. EVERY single 970 Gaming has problem with RAM slots connections - they are too tight and you need to push your RAM really hard inside. If only you had a speaker, you would hear 3 short or 3 long beeps.

And one more thing. Check the fucking SLOW_MODE switch. It should in NORMAL position - read the manual page EN-22.

this guy