What the fuck is with all the anti-Stallman threads lately? Are we being raided by pajeet shills from Microsoft?

What the fuck is with all the anti-Stallman threads lately? Are we being raided by pajeet shills from Microsoft?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM
godplaysdice.blogspot.nl/2008/06/richard-stallman-not-mathematician.html
youtu.be/umQL37AC_YM
jxyzabc.blogspot.com/2016/05/why-its-not-academias-job-to-produce.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most likely "intelligence" agencies who don't like software free (tm) of spyware.

They probably love free software. The NSA has way more resources to dumb into spying on you than a bunch of neckbeards can dump into protecting themselves from being spied on. Attempting to defend your privacy sends a red flag to the NSA to monitor you more closely. Given Sup Forums's views on CP, they probably pay closer attention to Gentoo users for that kek.

>why can't someone pretend to be a doctor with no repercussions

Kill yourself Stallmanite

He does nothing but try and take credit for the work of others. Take his (audacious) request that people call Linux GNU/Linux.

Linus writes beautiful code. He has published some side projects that he wrote all on his own and the code is just wonderful. He also lives in the real world while still maintaining his open source ideals and supporting himself through his work.

RMS is basically a homeless loser who hasn't made any real contributions in the last 20 years. He is still super butthurt that Linux beet HURD (but hey, HURD just got basic sound support in 2016!) and basically tries to claim Linux because Linus used GCC and the GNU coreutils. He survives on the charity of others and speaking engagements where he spouts his insane, paranoid, philosophy. Basically he won't be happy until all the programmers are homeless hackers like him and all the companies are shut down. How people are supposed to support themselves and their families in that scenario aren't things he has to deal with because he is basically a permanent grad student. He does make some good points about privacy, but for him, there is no middle ground. Anything that may reduce your privacy even the slightest bit (like movie recommendations on Netflix) is evil according to him, and must be destroyed. In a lot of ways he show classic signs of mental splitting, which is a classic symptom of mental illness. To top it off, when he does write code, he does so in the style of the awful GNU style guide which is a crime against humanity IMHO.

So, in a nutshell:
He's a bird-fucking, self-absorbed, power hungry, toe jam eating pedophile that thinks everything should be free and everyone should be forced to share, who looks like he hasn't showered in years so as to create a static shield around his body to protect from aliens. He also created an OS without a kernel because he's basically Steve Jobs gone communist. Oh, and he calls himself doctor though he holds no PhD.

everyone on Sup Forums hates rms
rms blames pajeets and NSA for threads
nice damage control

Pajeet please! Shit goes in the Loo, not the post!

5 bing points have been deposited into your accounts!

Post a time stamped image of yourself to prove you aren't Indian

it's just the wave of people realizing that his doctorates are honorary - part of the same class of doctorates that Kanye West and JK Rowling have - and being outraged about it.

the same thing happened when it came to light that RMS hasn't installed linux on his own machine in years because it's too hard, or whatever.

it'll blow over eventually. imagining a conspiracy of pajeets or intelligence agencies is probably the least healthy thing you can do. try to come to terms with the fact that normal human beings don't like RMS. if you can't deal with that, you're going to work yourself up into a delusional mess.

Okay, thanks for telling me what "normal people think", pajeet

>implying Stallsham didn't shit in the street with his bros right after this picture

Stallsham confirmed for street shitter

>pretend to be a doctor
lol, you must be retarded.

>mfw we can't all fit in the shitting street

>in racist
>pay attention to me!

You got issues user

Honestly, I have no idea where this open source = non pajeet meme comes from. Like 90% of the people making custom roms on XDA are Indian. Especially if you look at cheaper Android phones because those are really popular in India.

He doesn't have a PhD, nor did he finish his masters. He calls himself a doctor despite having honorary degrees that institutions give out to donors and political work.

That's disingenuous and you know it you filthy Stallmanite.

honestly if you can't handle the fact that some people aren't endeared to a guy who had a meltdown and screamed at an audience for like 10 minutes, i don't know what to say.

i guess if it keeps you from shooting up another elementary school, believe whatever you need.

>the same thing happened when it came to light that RMS hasn't installed linux on his own machine in years because it's too hard, or whatever.
What

It's not racist to infer that all Indians are street shitters, but it is racist to infer that Stallsham is a street shitter, (which he clearly is)?

Nice logic there Stallmanite

Thank you for great poo wisdom, pajeet. I will break a loo for you

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM

>butt hurt pajeet detected

You just gave yourself away. Post time stamped photo to prove you aren't pajeet

Good threads, btw.

I can't watch videos on my edge internet in my fishing hut. Just use words.

>He calls himself a doctor
Calling yourself doctor out of respect to all the institutions that bestowed the honor on him is not pretending to be a doctor, you troglodyte.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

He's a fucking commie, the most delusional people on Earth.

That should give you a fucking hint!

i've never seen zealots more defensive and buttblasted than in these threads. it's so great seeing zealots for anything get blown the fuck out in general, and this is no exception.

Sorry, but it's been confirmed that Stallsham is a street shitter.

Maybe he thinks toilets are proprietary.

>is racist
>thinks his opinion matters

he's never installed linux. you literally just needed to load the page or even grab the title.

just try sometimes.

Maybe he actually values his time.

I'm sure he could install it if he actually wanted to waste his time doing so

He's one of the most intelligent people on earth. He probably knows very well what he is doing.

godplaysdice.blogspot.nl/2008/06/richard-stallman-not-mathematician.html

I totally agree with you.

Well he obviously doesn't value people who have actually earned a Doctorate, considering he cheapens the title by pretending to be one.

youtu.be/umQL37AC_YM
RMSIDF please. He's a fraud.

>most intelligent people on the planet

T. Delusional Stallmanite

>samefagging this hard

yeah, that's a good summary of the things apologists said when that video came out.

>blogspot
Yeah right...

Yes pajeet, that is the video I responded to. Did you get poo on your keyboard again?

Are you legit mad that he calls himself doctor? Jesus Christ, call your mom and ask her why you're such a fucking failure in life.

It is more a rage against idiocy than it is about protecting some strangers image.

Top kekkles

>why are you mad he's a fraud he's funny XD

Stallmanite pls

Fuck user I know you're baiting but have you ever set even 1 (one) foot in academia? A doctorate is pure damage control by people who are too perplexed by the outside world and therefore prefer to stay inside their ivory tower. A doctorate is in most cases L I T E R A L L Y worth less than the paper it's printed on, everyone who passed the academia stage will tell you this.

>gets poo degree from java mill
>calls himself a college grad

Pajeet, you're too much!

Y'all niggers need to go read or watch some of his talks.

The bird sex thing for one, a bird tried to rape his hand, he said he liked it, then he was told what the bird tried to do and he still said he liked it.

It's like you niggers never had pets!

i saw someone on Sup Forums insist that a handful of honorary doctorates equate to a real one, as if JK Rowling's 7 doctorates should earn her almost as much esteem as a real doctorate. except in this context of course they were arguing that RMS's 12 should have additive credibility somehow.

it was the most obvious case of appeal to bandwagon that one could imagine; it was such clearly horse shit-eating apologist logic; i loved it.

maybe you're special and above all that stupid shit, but the people in these threads defending stallman are 90% retards trying to scrape together credibility and prop up the bogus practice of honorary degrees against all reason.

and, as an aside, this is why it's healthy to take shots at your own camp when idiots show up making specious arguments that agree with you - because if they're allowed to persist then the whole camp gets weaker as they parrot that specious argument. my loyalty is to the free software movement, and i'm happy to cast out RMS if he's stopped being beneficial and has only become a liability to the cause. at this point i would argue that he has done more harm than good for FSF in the past 15 years:
- GPLv3 drove a wedge in the open source community that was neither necessary nor helpful (copyleft in general has alienated industry developers who might have otherwise been allowed to dabble with open source licenses except that now legal is worried about what they call "viral licensing" terms - a bogeyman made real by GPLv3)
- RMS has been a lightning rod of controversy involving outbursts, meltdowns, and inappropriate comments; his public perception has been more negative than positive by a wide margin.
- the general perception about honorary degrees is that they're not real, and even somewhat arrogant people know not to call themselves "doctor" because of it; it's self-aggrandizing on a shaky platform. and yet, RMS happily uses the title like he earned it the way PhDs have earned it.

he got into MIT. obviously he has autist-grade intellect. that doesn't mean he's not a quack.

i forgot what he sounded like. what a fag.

this is the face of the one true king of Sup Forums

>A PhD is worthless so it doesn't matter that my unwashed waifu pretends to have one

Kek

And this is the type of unintelligible shit we have to put up with every summer, Sup Forums.

So as soon a fall comes it's acceptable to pretend to be a doctor when you're not? Got'cha

Think of it this way, pajeet. You call a street "the Loo"

Sup Forums is full of two-bit code monkies and crypto-gamers. This board has no association with real computer science.

>everyone who passed the academia stage will tell you this.
I'm a PhD student. I'm in a position where I could easily quit and get a high-paying job, so I don't think I'm so far into it that an argument that I'm trying to retrospectively justify things can be levied against me.

Research/academia is a qualitatively different direction to go. If you want to write code, then academia's not for you. There's been some writing about this recently[1] (there's more context in the article's links too), but the gist is that if you want to work on products then you're going to be disappointed in a CS PhD program. that should go without saying.

There are careers in industry that tend to require a PhD - mostly industry-funded research - but the understanding if you know what you're doing and stay in academia is that you want to do more fundamental research. *Even* in the behavioral fields like psych/sociology/whatever, you're doing more fundamental/basic research than whatever some corresponding BS-holder would do in industry.

Honestly, it's only in CS that people seem confused by this; outside of CS, every student in every field seems to understand the substantive difference between getting a BS/BA and going to industry vs going into academia. Only here do I seem to need to explain this. Is there a reason?

1: jxyzabc.blogspot.com/2016/05/why-its-not-academias-job-to-produce.html

DESIGNATED.

We've already established Stallman is the alpha street shitter.

How do we remove this fat faggot from the sticky?

We have to put up with this shit everyday now
Also I'm pretty sure the underaged faggots still have school since I still wait behind a million school busses on the way to work.

I know your kind, you don't like stallman because he doesn't share your social values. Any source saying something positive about him must therefore be not true. You can probably see the irony in calling other people delusional.

>had a meltdown and screamed at an audience for like 10 minutes

Sauce?

Two iPrajeets are being active today. It's summer.

The old resistance is futile, embrace the botnet angle. Nice try, Special Agent Pajeet.

Who has ever been forced to gpl their project?
If you want to use gpl'd code in your project, the cost is your contribution.
Not a difficult concept to grasp.

lots of phd's use the "Doctor" title
Doctor of Medicine isn't the only one m8

lots of people do useless phd's just to be called doctor
i count them as the same

the only people that i know who object to that never graduated high school. it's widely accepted that earning a PhD grants you the title "Doctor" without any caveats (although medical doctors sometimes call themselves "medical doctor").

RMS's doctorate is "honorary", which is the university's euphemism for not earned through the normal, some might say legitimate, processes.

>people do useless phd's just to be called doctor
really? who?
are you sure you're not conflating people who do what you perceive to be a useless PhD "just" to be called doctor with the people that do PhDs in fields your autistic brain doesn't appreciate to do research and make contributions in that field?
>i count them as the same
you count those people that worked for 5+ years and wrote dissertations as the same as people like JK Rowling and Kanye West?

You're a retarded cretin. Don't share your opinions about this stuff offline or you'll lose friends as they realize what a fucking idiot you are.

Nope. It's just a fact that the NSA has billions and billions of dollars to hire the best talent in the world, and they're competing against people who code for a hobby.

Arch hate threads gone.
Stallman hate threads instead.
Coincidence?
>Probably just jealous of RMS's slim and trim physique.

>fake doctorate.
Read the early life section of rms wilipedia page.
Sounds like a real dumbfuck, alright.

Because Linus T. wrote the Linux operating system and then that smelly fat fuck sat his fat GNU ass on it and shouted that he wrote it until people agreed with him just to shut him up.

If stallman is so terrible, why does weev like him? I want international bankers to leave.

>why does weev like him
in before "oh my god wikipedia is soooo biased i'm such a martyr ahhh it's all a conspiracy against retarded faggots wahhh"

Weev is a gray hat. He does it for lulz and not for profit. Wikipedia can't even get that right.

Nice samefaggotry ITT.

Keep the cancer contained.
Stallman will make computing great again

So I used Windows for about 21 years. I switched to Linux permanently about a month after Windows 10 was released, so I'm relatively new to Linux. I wasn't aware of RMS before I switched. Now that I know who he is, I find him to be cancer. He shouldn't be stickied on Sup Forums. If anything, he should be stickied on Sup Forums or /s/

Computer science is a meme

You dumbshit, weev and stallman are both one of the smartest people alive in this age of consumerism and Jewry.

so you're a trumpkin?

this is delusion, folks. next up will be more victim complex shit

>shills
Raided by 5 yr olds is more like it.
(are there child labor laws in India?)

RMS is basically a homeless loser who hasn't made any real contributions in the last 20 years. He is still super butthurt that Linux beet HURD (but hey, HURD just got basic sound support in 2016!) and basically tries to claim Linux because Linus used GCC and the GNU coreutils. He survives on the charity of others and speaking engagements where he spouts his insane, paranoid, philosophy. Basically he won't be happy until all the programmers are homeless hackers like him and all the companies are shut down. How people are supposed to support themselves and their families in that scenario aren't things he has to deal with because he is basically a permanent grad student. He does make some good points about privacy, but for him, there is no middle ground. Anything that may reduce your privacy even the slightest bit (like movie recommendations on Netflix) is evil according to him, and must be destroyed. In a lot of ways he show classic signs of mental splitting, which is a classic symptom of mental illness. To top it off, when he does write code, he does so in the style of the awful GNU style guide which is a crime against humanity IMHO.

So, in a nutshell:
He's a bird-fucking, self-absorbed, power hungry, toe jam eating pedophile that thinks everything should be free and everyone should be forced to share, who looks like he hasn't showered in years so as to create a static shield around his body to protect from aliens. He also created an OS without a kernel because he's basically Steve Jobs gone communist. Oh, and he calls himself doctor though he holds no PhD.

Too long didn't read

sause

Weev has been a very successful individual, he was once president of the gnaa. He's also extremely intelligent and you're neither.

I just don't want to call Linux "GNU/Linux". Is that so hard to understand?

Go to bed Linus you're drunk

TIL: Linus is American

aww, the trumpkin's getting butthurt

And the Jewish bernout shill is getting desperate.

nice pasta
could be the case, it could also be trolls or some Sup Forumstards.

you don't need to call the kernel by the name of the OS.

He's Finnish. Just because he has American citizenship doesn't mean he's American.

Very few people actually like Stallman, he is a meme
He is an autistic idealistic Bernout

>American citizenship
>Not American

what's wrong with being idealistic?