Best browser thread

Sup Sup Forums,

Firefox is laggy as fuck these days for me - what is the best low-resource browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erfnCaeLxSI
kaputniks.org/web-browser-benchmarks-firefox-chrome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pale Moon

Firefox v.

You tried stuff like qupzilla or midori?

Google Chrome

needs first class webm support

>not compiling firefox yourself with pgo
literally lmaoing at you right now

Chrom(e|ium) is the best you're gonna get

He asked about low resource dipshit

>furryfox
never.

or, uh. not until Servo, at least.

Low-resource browsers suck and are missing lots of features.

Firefox with a tab unloader is in my opinion the least shitty browser.

It embarrasses me that Opera is now the better option.

depends on your browsing habits.
chromium based browsers don't scale nicely with many open tabs (in regards to memory consumption).

Ive recently tried chrome, vivaldi and brave
I got close to switching to vivaldi, but the level of customization and comfiness firefox offers kept me from doing so. Brave was too bare bones
I spent a of time designing this css, not going to switch soon

Vivaldi's UI is built like a webpage. This offers you more customization possibilities than Firefox.

Also when they use Servo, such deep CSS customization will no longer be possible, they restrict theming, extension capabilities and that will also include CSS restrictions, as Mozilla wants to be in control what the user can change.

All for the "benefit of the user"!

The same applies for Brave. Also their UI is built like a web page. And it is Open Source, so you can change it as you wish with writing CSS and you have Open Source too.

Vivaldi's downside is that it is a lame web-app and 2 extensions bundled with Chromium. No real browser.

Better than Torch, but still a sucking concept.

How does Vivaldi compare in speed and security?

It is so shit. Like, so so shit.

Design looks like it's made by a 6 year old.
Hardly any addon support and it's just complete shit

Same like Chromium.

Brave is better. It has a real No-Script feature included and also ads block included.

That is a lie. Vivaldi supports many extensions. And the UI is fully customizable.

But the concept of bundling an app and extensions and call this a browser is shit, with that i agree.

>such deep CSS customization will no longer be possible, they restrict theming, extension capabilities and that will also include CSS restrictions,

Servo is... nevermind, just watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=erfnCaeLxSI

>as Mozilla wants to HOOPLAH HOOPLAH HOOPLAH

It's based from Opera.

But Opera is less autistic (colour-wise)

Let me guess you are a Firefox Chrome UI clone supporter. Australis is SO much better yeah... Stripped of useful features, and you can only customize it with add-ons.

And in the future, this ability will be cut down very much. Yeah, it is SO much better.

Oh wait, it is SO much more shittier. It is a Chrome UI clone and Mozilla kisses Google Chromes ass wherever they go. Well done for picking the most biggest fag browser as your favorite.

this desu senpai

Chromium definitely

Servo will be an almost carbon Chrome copy. Not interested in a product which is trying hard to be Chrome-2.

They will not get Chromes users with this and they only anger more power users.

Firefox x64

Who cares for speed? Features are the real meat.

Mozilla can take their new bare-bone engine and put it into their own asses.

>Firefox
>laggy

I have no idea what the fuck are you doing, I have no problem running it on an older computer which runs XP.

I am even using userscripts, which usually tend to slow down the browser, but I feel no slowdowns.

+|\| and an offtopic question

how do I remove the thing on the left of my posts (and the replies to it) in Sup Forums X?

maybe the UI/browser elements, but the Servo engine is revolutionary.

you seem to think Servo is a browser. it's not. it's an engine, like webkit, which is the engine chrome and safari, and vivaldi are based on.

>Who cares for speed?

Servo is done by Mozilla. They lost me as soon as they implemented Chrome UI clone Australis.

I will not touch anything by that fuckers anymore. Mozilla can go to hell!

Have a cry.

I hate Firefox and Chrome

fucking kek

well you're a faget

i hate SJW's but i use rust because it's very very gud.

i think firefox has been bloated for the last 5 years, so I use chrome. but when servo comes out i'm probably gonna switch, and also they'll be writing the rest of the browser shell in rust, which will probably mean they'll have a sleek, superior product again

Wrong person, it was meant to go like

Where do you need webm except /gif?

firefox -> help -> troubleshooting information -> refresh firefox

firefox getting laggy/slow usually occurs when your profile is corrupt

refreshing firefox will create a new profile and move over history, cookies, passwords, etc. to the new profile

you will have to reinstall your extensions, but it's worth it

come on man, it's always /gif

Okay, I fucking fixed it.

How the fuck do I get the favicon to show when I get replies? The inline Sup Forums extension could do that (red arrow), but Chan X can't.

Servo hits 500fps

Servo is an experimental web browser layout engine being developed by Mozilla Research, with Samsung porting it to Android and ARM processors.[3] The prototype seeks to create a highly parallel environment, in which many components (such as rendering, layout, HTML parsing, image decoding, etc.) are handled by fine-grained, isolated tasks. Source code for the project is written in the Rust programming language.
Servo provides a consistent API for hosting the engine within other software. It is designed to be compatible with Chromium Embedded Framework, an API used by Adobe and Valve Corporation to incorporate the Blink rendering engine within their own products, allowing Servo to be dropped in as a replacement engine simplifies real-world testing.
Two significant components used by Servo are based on pre-existing C++ code from Mozilla. JavaScript support is provided by SpiderMonkey, and the 2D graphics library Azure is used to interface to OpenGL and Direct3D.[4]

links

It's very low-resource and super fast!

Sure, but without customization and features. Good riddance! My problem is not SJW - my problem is that Mozilla abandons power users.

That is the reason why they are fags.

Is it gonna run on Windows XP?

It's gonna be a waste if they create a light browser engine but don't allow it to run on older computer

I tried to copy/paste the firefox css into vivaldi; it broke

how would I add firefox css to brave?

nobody is taking away customization or features. quit acting like a turd.

firefox or chrome.
because muh ublock and muh umatrix.

you mad?

>Placebo Moon

Show your benchmarks.

Brave

kaputniks.org/web-browser-benchmarks-firefox-chrome/

Because it was laggy, this isn't a RAM usage thing.

Are you actually using it? If so, would you mind posting a screenshot? What do you like most about it?

They are. They have done it already and they will do it again. No Firefox for me anymore. I do not support dishonest asshole companies.

Is it possible to customize 'title, address bar, tabs' into just two bars? I really dislike how having 3 bars on top looks and feels.

I do not accept a browser where i only can have features if i have to install an add-on for it.

I rather would use Otter-Browser or Qupzilla before i would touch Firefox again.

Oh wait, that are actually the browsers i use these days.

That feature is considered - Ask at their Github page or over Twitter.

Also planned, tab stacking.

It's the myopia and overall stupidity that bothers me. You can tell these people are either mostly children (by age or otherwise) or living in a bubble that disallows a remotely accurate model of reality.

Something is fucked with their internal structure.

I was a long time Firefox user. I was using it back in the Phoenix 0.3 days. It was awesome back then but today it is just a mess. I switched to Chrome in January and haven't had any issues since then. It syncs everything perfectly every time, it feels a lot lighter and more responsive although it does use more RAM (not that it matters with 16GB desu). They only thing that still sucks about Chrome is their bookmarks manager is crap. Something I love is that it does update itself transparently.

Oh yeah and I love that extensions can make use of my media keys for play/pause. Very handy.

O P E R A
P
E
R
A

are you that guy with the goblin hands?

How are those ratios you butholes?

he's just a shill. all that happened was some VC prick decided to cash in on analytics and PID, so he hyped up some gay browser which is just a chrome copycat, gave it a provocative name, and paid the jews at wired to shill it

Sevilla came on Liverpool.

I just switched from Firefox to Chromium, is there any way to fix the shit font rendering here or am I stuck with it?

>I just switched from Firefox to Chromium, is there any way to fix the shit font rendering here or am I stuck with it?

No way, chrome/chromium font rendering is always shit. This is the reason I keep using Safari as default browser.

I use Opera 37, it runs faster than FF and isn't resource heavy, plus 37 has a built-in adblock

a solid 8/10

>built-in adblock
>i'm too retarded to use hosts

>implying if it didn't I wouldn't have just installed one anyway
>implying it isn't just a neat feature

Brave is no Chrome copycat.

It does only use the rendering part delivered trough libchromiumcontent.

The rest of the browser is made by the Brave team with the help of Electron. So, you only have the rendering engine but not the rest of Chromium botnet pack.

Where could I download this? I hear people saying this everywhere, and I'd like to give it a try

VLC web plugin