Does Chromium include any of the Google botnet or government surveillance features? Should I use it?

Does Chromium include any of the Google botnet or government surveillance features? Should I use it?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2015/06/not-ok-google-chromium-voice-extension-pulled-after-spying-concerns/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/empty-new-tab-page/dpjamkmjmigaoobjbekmfgabipmfilij
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=792580
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Does Chromium include any of the Google botnet or government surveillance features?
Yes

Probably, you would never know unless you paid someone to look at all the lines of source code. It would be ill-advised. But of course you've probably already made up your mind so just use Iridium if you must use a Chromium-based browser.

almost all of it, yea

yep, altough being loud enough helps.
arstechnica.com/security/2015/06/not-ok-google-chromium-voice-extension-pulled-after-spying-concerns/

Probably yes. Switch back to firefox

Connects to botnet each time you open a new window. Probably sends your history as well.

furrycocks is ded

so dont unselect google as default search engine

>dont unselect
dont select or unselect

Regardless of what you do, your new tab page looks like that and connects to Google

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/empty-new-tab-page/dpjamkmjmigaoobjbekmfgabipmfilij

Lol, good luck in hiding the botnet

That's totally tunable.
Wrong.
Sure. It's the best browser (performance and security-wise) out there. I keep Firefox for Zotero only (Zotero stand-alone isn't as feature-rich as the xpi)

its shit but it does not connect
its in the agreenment iirc

For you

IRIDIUM
R
I
D
I
U
M

Or use Palemoon like a sane man

Just use Firefox

Literary BOTNET SPYWARE
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=792580
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909

>these two (solved) bugs from 2015 totally prove it's a FUCKING BOTNET
fuck off

Iridium literally says "it doesn't stop Google from phoning in home"

You tinfoil retards do know that your ISP already knows everything you do, right? Tinfoil faggots are always so stupid.

ISPs cannot see what you do assuming every site you visit is HTTPS. At that point they just have metadata. Using a VPN prevents them even moreso from getting a lot of that metadata.

Does Vivaldi strip out the Google botnet code since it is based on Chromium?