I'm cutting the cord, but I can't decide on which streaming device is best. What is Sup Forums's device of choice...

I'm cutting the cord, but I can't decide on which streaming device is best. What is Sup Forums's device of choice? I'm leaning towards Fire Stick.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=android tv box kodi
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just read books from the library

>What is Sup Forums's device of choice?
an HDMI cable, then put it around your neck and jump off a chair

HTPC

Apple TV is the best (most supported services) although the most expensive.

Chromecast is nice but limited (no remote, no Prime Video)
Fire TV Stick is slow as hell since the 5.x update.
No experience with Roku.

>Not a mini itx Pc connected to home network.
>Not controlling it via your smart phone and getting wireless kbm or controller to play vidya and browse.

best thing you can do senpai.

Kill yourself faggit

looks like the shill is dead

I'm going to be strung up for this, but XBone + kinect is unironically the best streaming device, by a long shot.

>pretty competent, and actually really useful voice controls
>consistently updated & usually has the best versions of all the streaming applications
>kinect has an ir blaster, allowing full control of all devices (ie: xbox on/off powers up or down my XBone, TV, and audio receiver all at once)
>not reliant on wireless
>doubles as a casual gaymen system
>can be controlled via phone

Only real downsides are price, size, and xbl is required for online play of vidya, but $60/yr ain't bad

RSS-fed torrents + Plex + Roku is a pretty nice setup. Cut the cord a year ago.

Also forgot
>can stream directly from external HDD
>can connect to PC pretty easily, and stream from there, as well
>hdmi pass through, if you want it
>also a Blu ray player

Android TV will be the winner in the end, it's currently getting built into more TVs than the competition.

Just get an Android TV box user. Install Kodi, and sideload apps onto it.

Also, Android TV has the same functionality as the Chromecast if you did want to cast things as well

What is an android TV box? Also, I hear about kodi every now and then, can kodi be installed on anything else?

Agree with the other user who said above (you can even get a digital ota channel adapter if you'd like for local channels)

Also Roku is dope. Its super cheap too.Tons of channels, even ones not in the store on the device. Sadly a lot of apps nowadays require an account with a cable provider to work, but you can usually find that stuff elsewhere. Also if you're okay with downloading stuff to your computer Plex or other media servers can play it through your Roku.

lmgtfy.com/?q=android tv box kodi

Right now im running Kodi with Exodus on a Fire Stick. It has its pros and cons, but it allows me to use my projector with very few wires.

Yup it can. Osmc is the OS I put on my rPi and it uses Jodi and works pretty well. Havent used it for anything but media i had on my pooter already. So I can't comment on the channels or anything.

I think theres even a program version that can be used on Linux, osx, or Windows.

Your phone works as a remote for chromecast.

>consistently updated & usually has the best versions of all the streaming applications
keked at this desu

>which streaming device is best
>streaming
>good
I see what you did there OP.

Ever used Netflix on a "smart" TV, or WiFi Blu ray player?

The apps are never updated, and interfaces are a shit.