Prove Nvidia gimps AMD and older Nvidia GPUs

Prove Nvidia gimps AMD and older Nvidia GPUs.
Protip: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF36_qMd8M
youtube.com/watch?v=O7fA_JC_R5s
anandtech.com/show/2841/17
techreport.com/review/17618/amd-radeon-hd-5870-graphics-processor/9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>GPUs

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF36_qMd8M

That guy has an annoying voice.
The Scottish guy is better.

>you bought a 780

polaris hurry the fuck up

>700 series
>Crysis/ Arkham Knight/ Gameworks/ Doom (probably)

/thread

what does that even mean? GPU is correct. A graphics processing unit is technology, and it's a damn sight more revalent than 10 year old laptops.

I wonder how many people jumped kepler ship. I sold my 770 first chance I got.

Almost everything is "technology". That doesn't mean your video game hardware discussion is appropriate for Sup Forums. Take it to .

>GPUs are "video game hardware"
I'm not sure the technology board is for you.

Gameworks

>video game hardware
Not sure if retarded

>I-I use my Nvidia® Titan X f-for "scientific computing"
Nice meme

No, but I use my R9 390x for both Scientific computing and gaming.

Get fucked m8.

>using titan X for Cuda when OpenCL is a thing

DELETE THIS

You realize that could speak just as much to AMD driver optimizations as nvidia driver "gimping."

That doesn't actually prove what you think it does.

but i run folding@home at night

this is after Bethesda changed their renderer so that gameworks would stop killing performance (since gameworks is closed source, and nothing can be done to it by devs)

>nvidiots perpetually blown the fuck out

there is not much value in looking at benchmarks of a single game when trying to judge overall performance.

What happened? I thought AMD had no drivers? And now that old nvidia cards are getting gimped it turns out it's because AMD drivers are good?

Holy shit, you nvidiots can't be THIS retarded.

DELETE THIS!!

YES!

AMD FTW

This is after AMD sponsored Bioshock and optimized it for catalyst drivers.

AMD BTFO
>Implying you can ever justify this level of lack of drivers.

The difference here is that the FO4 patch bench was after nobody in the tech press was paying attention to FO4 benches. Unless you were in the know you'd still think that FO4 should be played with Nvidia, the way it's meant to be played.

If something is broken on one company's hardware on release then the devs are either 1)incompetent or 2)paid off.

No, the difference is that AMD never provided the support period so their FPS wasn't good. You can spin it however you want, the fact is that AMD has no drivers and my benchmark proves it.

A GT 550 is getting TWICE the performance of an R9 290

You can't explain that away, AMD is garbage.

>retard tripfag doesn't even get it

U wot?

shills don't even try to sound intelligent anymore, do they?

lmao, this is some low quality b8

post your steam library Sup Forumsuck

The thing is Mr. OP.
When a new game comes out, they optimize the drivers for the newer generation of cards, not the older ones.

Looks fine here, faggot. Seriously don't know why I don't have your stupid ass filtered yet.

>Looks fine here, faggot.
Except it doesn't because there are tons of graphical errors in Bioshock Infinite on AMD. Assuming it doesn't crash outright.

desu jaggies aside, that looks pretty good for that level of performance on a 670. d e s u

>Except it doesn't because there are tons of graphical errors in Bioshock Infinite on AMD
Source or GTFO.

>looks pretty good
looks like a fuckin xbox game

Retard.

Yeah looks great lmao

Werks on my AMD® machine©

>all this desperate damage control and shilling because 1080 is a flop

>Gaming benchmarks

Wonder what the freetards do with their GPU on Linux. Most of you faggots don't even compile or do intensive graphic processing.

When Bioshock was released (with an AMD splash screen) AMD didn't support OpenGL 4.0 and the game DID. NOT. RUN. at all.

Multi-monitored shitposting.

The sad thing is that it won't be a flop. It'll sell incredibly well, despite being an overpriced piece of trash that barely outperforms a 980 Ti. Nvidiots are some of the stupidest people alive.

>stable multi-monitor
>X
yeah good luck lmao

Its only a problem if you buy AMD actually.

Intel Nvidia etc its as easy as xrandr --auto

A cursory google search and the fact that you've provided no source on your claim tells me that you're full of shit, once again.

you've clearly never had more than one gpu then.

why are you still posting when you're an inexperienced moron

>implying amd open source drivers aint better than nvidias shit

nice meme nonfree software shill

What if I don't have a GPU currently (mine died), have a $600 newegg store credit, and want to max games (on 1080p only) before I get too heavy into the summer semester.

I feel like the purchase might be justified.

here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=O7fA_JC_R5s

Actually I have 3.

In my laptop.

Latest versions of Xorg support multi-gpu out of the box with Intel and Nvidia using xrandr output and render sinks.
(doesn't work with AMD)

i too can make bullshit claims on the internet without any evidence

Makes a valid point, its a known fact that it takes AMD a bit too long to fine tune their drivers

Who the fuck cares? No really, who cares? Why do people on Sup Forums rally behind a company like they're teams, then spit venom at each other when someone has a difference of opinion? You faggots are almost as bad as soccer (football for you eurofags) fans.

Just buy the card that has the best performance for your price range and offers features you want. I had an r9 290 xfire setup that ran fine. Except I noticed it was a 50-50 chance of having a driver on game release day that could properly drive those 2 cards so I can get 60fps in latest titles at 1440p.

One of the 290s died. I was given a 390 as replacement. Great card and ran that for a while. Still wasn't giving me what I wanted. So I gave it and my remaining 290 to friends and bought a 980ti classified model from evga. Does exactly what I want. Everything runs flawlessly. And me personally, I use shadowplay. As someone who was running AMD hardware for a while I can say that there is no equivalent in recording software. Others have much higher performance impact.

TL,DR stop arguing, buy what you want, live and let live. People will figure out on their own if they're being fucked over. I know for a fact that when the 1080 comes out, I'll be benching my 980ti with the old and new drivers to personally verify Any potential gimping.

i max out almost every setting in GTA 5 with no ill effects, on my 970.

>be a tripfag
>get BTFO
pick 2

AMD is a good buy IF.

1. You only use Windows.
2. You can't afford the latest games.
3. You can't afford Nvidia.

Anyone that argues against this is a troll.

fact is nvidia has always been more powerful in regards to marketin and advertising
even when AMD took the lead in performance nvidiafags kept buying nvidia cards

both AMD and NVIDIA have similarly good products in price performance but the general idea is that nvidia is better for no reason. most of the people dont even think about why, they just assume it

AMD "taking the lead" in performance is always a cherry picked benchmark.

In the real world they are always behind.

>linux
>games

>look at me and my uninformed opinions
>if you disagree you're wrong
so buttblasted after being BTFO this entire thread holy shit

they took the lead in 2006 with clearly better cards in every way and they only got around 60% of the market share (the highest ever for them) for a few months

>looks like a fuckin xbox game
the XBOX version looks 10x better desu senpai

>mfw you are right

>goyvidia

They sold well because they were faster for mining bitcoins.

The drivers still sucked and it was still a shit buy for gaming.

wouldn't expect you to remember 2006 as you were 2 years old at the time

>nvidia gpu killing drivers in the last 5 years: 3 + 1 killing notebook screens
>amd gpu killing drivers in the last 5 years: 1

end yourself

>still trying this hard
you've been btfo several times in this thread, why do you even bother coming back?

>can't afford Nvidia
What I can't afford is supporting terrible business practices that hurt the industry, as a whole.

Actually I was still using ATi in 2006 and suffering from almost constant overheating and crashing.

>vote with your wallets
I would if AMD made cards that actually worked on Linux

im pretty sure bitcoin was not a thing back in 2006, or at least not as big as to affect the market share.
>the drivers still sucked
i dont know about that, after all the cards were better to perform better than their nvidia competitors
catalyst AI was the worst part of the drivers but you could turn it off

>resorting to nonsense meme spouting because you didn't know how to use a computer in 2006
to be fair you still don't.

>AMD "taking the lead" in performance is always a cherry picked benchmark.
HD5870 BTFO nVidia for 6 straight months before they released the Housefire card

>bitcoins
>2006
seriously end yourself you fucking idiot

never seen this image before and not really a brandwar fanboy but jesus christ

how have they not been hit with class-action yet??

Only in cherry picked benchmarks.

The lowest of the low end Nvidia card was beating the shit out of the 5870 in every game on Linux and I don't need to even cite a benchmark because its common knowledge.

>every game on Linux
>Linux
>Linux
>Linux
literally nobody cares about games on Linux

>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006
>in every game on Linux
>2006

>gaming on linux
>gaming at all

>anandtech.com/show/2841/17
Well well, looks like it blew everything out of the water, just like i fucking said
>techreport.com/review/17618/amd-radeon-hd-5870-graphics-processor/9
Still winning ....

Ok, how about being able to run X for 24 hours with a browser window open.

You literally couldn't do that on AMD in 2006.

Hell shit was too slow to use any of the fancy new compositing window managers by gnome or kde.

yeah because X is written well and there is totally no need for Wayland or anything

>i had AMD but it was shit so I went nvidia
Uh, you know that goes against the narrative we're trying to push here?

TL;DR nvidia and AMD both have good and bad things, but nvidia throws much more money into marketing and will stay on top for a while because of it

anything else you want?

He is just shilling nvidia and the story is made up, ignore it.

Nvidia shill tripfag filtered

the interesting thing about nvidia is how their target their own market share
they already have a big marketshare so they keep gimping their old cards for comparisons so that the new ones look much better in comparison

>tfw when Zen and Vega will both be out by October
>tfw Haswell-quality performance, Skylake features, 8 cores, and all around the same price as an i5 for Zen
>tfw HBM2 at the price point of the GTX 1070 in Vega
>tfw Freesync monitors are cheap as fuck compared to G-sync and becoming more widely available
>tfw when possibly running the APU and GPU in Crossfire
>tfw when superior VR, DX12, and Vulcan performance for the years to come

That is exactly how it is,pajeet
do not shit in my corner ever again

>tfw when amd fail just like the did with buldozer