Teens Explain Why Girls "Can't Code"

A non profit group called Girls Who Code released a series of really funny videos mocking sexist bullshit women often hear when when topic is women and programming. I've definitely heard some of this nonsense here on the random as ever Sup Forums.

youtu.be/vXeF6Uot8pk
youtu.be/MwiPGQfCvyo
youtu.be/yAVQpJNybys
youtu.be/rZ8qzx2NAbg

Great way to get people to hear about their organization. Also the teens they hired all have deadpan snark downpat.

Needlessly to say, Sup Forums absolutely, unequivocally, irredeemably BTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S54002689#p54009251
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53592394#p53593006
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S52862774#p52865038
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S52819388#p52819497
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S51157865#p51158005
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hamilton_(scientist)
youtube.com/watch?v=S6lM-Wq1WvQ
girlswhocode.com/about-us/#section4
usb.org/developers/docs/usb_31_052016.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who the fuck says girls can't code? They just usually don't get into it, but if they want to, no one is stopping them from buying SICP.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S54002689#p54009251
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S53592394#p53593006
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S52862774#p52865038
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S52819388#p52819497
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S51157865#p51158005

First half of results on first page

Women can't code and they've proven this by never creating anything of substance. No one has been stopping them and yet they still fail to produce anything above pajeet tier shit. The worst male programmers are better than the best women programmers. Women have one fucking job and that is to breed strong sons.

>who is grace hopper

Nice bait.

A fellow /r/theredpill user?

Laughable video.
1. Most people don't claim girls are incapable of programming. On Sup Forums people do, but Sup Forums is not representative and even here most people are joking.
2. People claim girls can't program because of INTELLECTUAL differences, not because of things like their eyelashes or cleavage. There are well-established psychological differences between the sexes. Some people claim those differences make men better suited for technical work than women are. If that's junk science, it deserves a thorough debunking rather than snark.

Inventor of COBOL, so not someone praiseworthy.
I'm joking, of course. She was brilliant. COBOL really is a piece of shit, though.

You thought that post was serious? How fucking new are you?

>teens explain
teens are fucking retards

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Hamilton_(scientist)

>Margaret Heafield Hamilton (born August 17, 1936)[1] is a computer scientist, systems engineer, and business owner. She was Director of the Software Engineering Division of the MIT Instrumentation Laboratory, which developed on-board flight software for the Apollo space program.[2] In 1986, she became the founder and CEO of Hamilton Technologies, Inc. in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company was developed around the Universal Systems Language based on her paradigm of Development Before the Fact (DBTF) for systems and software design.[3]

Woman engineer designed the first IBM PC motherboard:
youtube.com/watch?v=S6lM-Wq1WvQ

So, basically, again, women only care about appearance/image.

Rather than becoming good coders, they spend their time talking about why and how they can be coders, if society just wasn't so mean as to expect similar results from men and women.

Why can't they just shut the fuck up and do the job.

Well, maybe girls can't code C but they can code python :^)

Nerd rage

>Coding
>New-age ditch digger

Seriously, nothing glorious about coding whether your male or female. I am sure a bunch of software engineers/CS grads will come on here and argue about that but seriously the money in a majority of languages is crap. Unless you learn some fringe, niche language or get a security clearance your not going to see 6 figures for a very long time.

I came here from Sup Forums just last week my friend :)

>Women can't code and they've proven this by never creating anything of substance.

The Apollo 11 onboard computer OS was coded by a woman.

Not arguing for COBOL of course but have you programmed anything with it? I took a Uni course in it last year (surprised they even offered it AND it fulfilled a degree objective in anthropological studies). It was very interesting, though of course it is still shit.

>languages matter

This is my frist thread, fellow Sup Forumseek. But will start study php tomorrow.

>your not

Entire post disregarded

That's not true. I'm a terrible programmer, and there is no way I'm better than the best female programmers

Mr. user, there are many here today who hate you.

I'm not one of them.

You have made it hard for me to live up to what I believe - that everyone is worthy of forgiveness - but that is what the Lord says.

You are forgiven, sir.

Yes, I have used it. I interned at a bank in college and almost everything was COBOL.

I hate is passionately.

>all these movements to get more people into programming
>tfw even though I know how to program, I can't even get a job.

If I love my job and never break six figures then I still have won. Read "A Thousand Years of Nonlinear History" and "Into the Cool". Understand what society is and what portion of our realities is simply short-wave culture and you will no longer give a shit about what most people consider a "good" life.

Explains why those legacy guys had to be convinced to come back post-retirement I guess. I still don't understand what is so difficult about converting to a newer system.

ITT people who can't comprehend that trolling exists on a pictureboard for drawings from Taiwan.

Money and trouble of introducing a new system.

>If that's junk science, it deserves a thorough debunking rather than snark.
Haven't been paying attention then, huh?

Mostly that the current systems are huge and high-quality. About 70% of transactions run on COBOL. COBOL itself is a piece of shit, but the software banks use was written to exacting standards and has been battle-tested for decades. It would be a huge job to switch to a non-shit language.

I think it would be worth it. The programs are difficult to maintain and it's hard to find COBOL programmers these days. The suits disagree, though.

"Why can't girls code? They're beautiful."
Yeah, that's a serious debunking if I've ever seen one. It presents so much evidence and cites such reliable sources. I'm convinced!

There is serious coverage made by psychologists. That's useful and important. These videos, however, are shit.

>psychologists

Why are they spending all their time making Jewtube videos instead of coding, if they could actually code?
Athiests BTFO

Intelligence testing is the most reliable part of psychology by a wide margin. Many measurements are hard to make, but it's easy to measure intellectual ability.

And if it's true that psychological research is BS, a good way to debunk it is to replicate the study! That is the purpose of replication.

These videos aren't supposed to debunk tired old PRATT, they're made to mock those who say girls can't code. If you really need to see the studies that show that women are capable of rational thought then I suggest you go look at google.
>And if it's true that psychological research is BS
The entire field of psychology seems to be in a somewhat interesting position right now. It would be unfair to call the entire discipline BS but it certainly deserves a thorough look.

I cannot understand how this could go so far over your head

Sexism in tech is a delusion of feminist liberal idiots who need something to bitch and complain about.

>PRATT
Dunno what that is. Please speak English.
>they're made to mock those who say girls can't code
And they do so in a dishonest and unproductive manner. Satire is one thing, but these videos are just dumb. They have almost nothing to do with the actual arguments people use.

Points Refute A Thousand Times.
>And they do so in a dishonest and unproductive manner. Satire is one thing, but these videos are just dumb.
>I don't like it therefore it's unproductive and dumb
>They have almost nothing to do with the actual arguments people use.
Please, share these actual arguments with us user. Please tell us why women are unsuited for coding.

What's up with all the whiteknighting and cucking going on ITT?

>that last one
Oh, so like, girls don't constantly maintain their appearance? Even the girls in this video clearly decked out in makeup? That's not distracting or something? Am I missing something?

No one in the right mind would entrust a emotionally unstable creature who literally has a whole that bleeds every month with writing complex software systems.

Women are good enough for writing small non-critical systems like front-end web dev. Any monkey can do it and since women are inferior to men in every aspect they're the perfect fit for such jobs, because a man can do much better and a woman will have to stay on the monkey level for ever, because she's inferior.

It's common sense.

>Please, share these actual arguments with us user.
No. Stop playing dumb. Since you believe the arguments have been repeatedly refuted, you clearly know what they are. Since you said women are capable of rational thought, you clearly know that some people think women are INcapable of rational thought. You know full well what arguments I am talking about.

Just like the people in those videos, you are being dishonest and snarky rather than having a real discussion.

>People falling for this bait.

Still, there really isn't anything stopping women from flooding CS fields and being good programmers beyond a general lack of interest in the demographic. Programming is one of the most result-oriented professions out there; people really, REALLY don't care about the face behind the code.

> people really, REALLY don't care about the face behind the code.

See you say this but the people making hiring decisions cannot tell good code from bad code. Social heuristics like charm and persuasiveness are all they have to go off of.

I believe female programmers spend more time reminding everyone that they're female programmers than actually programming.

This, I've never seen any completed project by a woman, all I ever see are githubs full of forks and code of conduct edits and zero lines of computer code.

So what do you want to say with your post? That people who mock female 'coders' are stupid? None of these videos proves that. And none of these videos proves that women can in fact 'code'. They don't even touch on that actually because none of these videos says anything about 'coding' anyway.

> non profit group called Girls Who Code
Debatable. See: girlswhocode.com/about-us/#section4

word

Possible confirmation bias. You won't get any counter examples because if anyone knew a competent female programmer, they certainly wouldn't post about it here. The last thing said programmer would need is Sup Forums drama.

print("Hello", " ", "World")

> concatenate_strings
Is this the power of ruby?

>the teens they hired all have deadpan snark downpat.
Disagree, but I guess they tried.

>Sup Forums literally upset by girls using a computer

Do you realize just how fucking hard it is to write a goddamned USB driver?

Because Sarah Sharp would like to have a word with you.

Think it was ENIAC where the overwhelming majority of 'programmers' (probably better to call them engineers, programming was done via hardware) were women. Sure was cool to have a job like that.

Shift to present day and I can't see anything quite like that anymore. I need to look outside my university's STEM area to remind myself that grills actually exist.
Not that I care who gets a job done, as long as its done well I'm happy. What does annoy me is how much whining grills do over trying to get recognition or preferential treatment for things like (primarily) CS and engineering or whatever other STEM subject. I don't see male engineer support groups, male only scholarships or men getting "wow you're a man AND you can code?" yet somehow for women its all the opposite.

>tl;dr
>women used to take up just as many important roles
>now replaced by whining asshats
>complaining over gender disparity when results are all that matter
>why do they suddenly care about CS/CE/Eng in particular
>applying a gradient to a level playing field
>gradient in their favour
>still no change
I think they secretly aren't interested in STEM after all guys..

Girls can code, they just can't do it well like Indians (dot variety) and other minorities.

Who cares.

Anybody is a huge faggot if they take pride in their gender just because they can. It's stupid and doesn't get results.

>there really isn't anything stopping women from flooding CS fields
You know how girls get grossed out by the slightest show of betaness, right? This does stop them because of god so le creepy XD

That said, I'm pretty fucking grossed out by the useless fucks who got into computer science with me. Mostly a bunch of noisy EBIN GAMING MEME BRO XDDDDDDDDDD retards who can't shut the fuck up and act like normal people. It's hard to talk to girls when you tell them you're majoring in computer science.

Do you realize just how fucking hard it is to configure, in plaintext, a minimalistic tiling window manager distributed via AUR, which must be manually setup for every Arch distro?

Because I would like to have a word with you.

And the thing is, she accomplished this during the supposed bad old days of ubiquitous open sexism. So wtf are these whiny SJWs bitching about? Women can program. Most just don't want to. The opportunity is there for those who do.

>Girls who "Code"
>Forcing a noun into a verb to sound savvy

End my life.

It's actually pretty easy, a worthless NEET could do it.

Here's a link to the USB specification for you, it's only 57 MB compressed: usb.org/developers/docs/usb_31_052016.zip

>how hard it is to write USB drivers

and yet usb devices are common and plentiful
Countless people have written USB drivers, why can't you?

>hey sister you wanna learn to program on ur computer
>no

OP btfo

>and yet usb devices are common and plentiful
USB devices are trivial to do, you just buy one of the couple existing USB chips on the market, and it handles all the work for you.

Only a handful of people have written USB drivers, and most of them with a very solid team.

>Countless people have written USB drivers, why can't you?
I started to, then I looked at the manual and reconsidered.

No this is the power of retarded supermodels.

So you have no other argument beyond "women are emotional hurr durr" and yet you want to be taken seriously? Quick, post the fake image of the kode with klossy bullshit, despite the fact that she actually focuses on funding coding classes for others and not actually coding herself.

At this point it would be fairer to argue that you are incapable of rational thought but I suppose you'd just call that unnecessary snark.

this is obviously a hyperbole but it's still true
there are exceptions but by and large women can't code and female "programmers" are generally shit
also women only care about status and not the art which is why they never contribute to free software

>Countless people have written USB drivers, why can't you?
Which is why USB 3 support on Linux had so many drivers available and totally wasn't dependant upon one woman writing it.

I'm not even clicking those links but I bet they are all Americucks

>letting Pajeets and feminist womyn take over your tech industry
Needlessly to say, Americucks absolutely, unequivocally, irredeemably BTFO

+1 I read this on Reddit too

How is that stopping them doing the job?

>totally wasn't dependant upon one woman writing it

Someone wanted a USB driver, so they wrote it and shared it upstream.
It's the linux way.

No, you're not allowed to use this as some kind of ego boost for women everywhere, because women didn't write this driver, sarah sharp did.

Not just in tech but in just about everything. Womyn would rather get attention for playing the victim instead of doing the 'mens jobs' they claim they can do

no because sexist men will pinch their ass and stuff.

Can't you just like, get it set up on one computer and clone the drives whenever you want to set it up on another computer?

Then you can't use the accomplishment of male programmers as some kind of ego boost for men everywhere, either. You can't have it both ways.

>So you have no other argument beyond "women are emotional hurr durr" and yet you want to be taken seriously?
Are you retarded? I have never said that I believe that. I have criticized the video for being dishonest and useless, but I do not believe that women are incapable of programming.

Furthermore, that is NOT the only argument people use. Some people believe women have different intellectual abilities than men do, such as stronger verbal skills and weaker mathematical skills. You are, once again, attacking an imaginary version of other people rather than dealing honestly with their real arguments.

>Quick, post the fake image of the kode with klossy bullshit, despite the fact that she actually focuses on funding coding classes for others and not actually coding herself.
I don't even know what this "fake image of the kode with klossy bullshit" is. Are you SERIOUSLY blaming me for the hypothetical future actions of your mental image of me?

Jesus Christ, you irredeemable fucktard. Just leave.

A woman wrote the driver, but if she had not done so someone else would have taken over. It was not dependent on her.

>Then you can't use the accomplishment of male programmers as some kind of ego boost for men everywhere, either.
literally not a single man anywhere has ever done this
it's only women who feel like they have some "sisterhood" with their fellow vaginabearers

>Then you can't use the accomplishment of male programmers as some kind of ego boost for men everywhere, either. You can't have it both ways.

Most men don't go around pointing to things and saying "i made that, that was my doing. you're WELCOME".

However, I'm sure you do, because you're an insincere troll who goes around arguing both sides on Sup Forums and losing sight of the issues.

That product placement

>literally not a single man anywhere has ever done this
That is factually not true if you look at this thread.
NEETs who have done nothing with their life are patting their gender on the back for doing more coding than women.

Double standards much.

no you fucking idiot
they're pointing out that women in the grand scheme of thing have done little of value

Whatever makes you sleep at night, mate.
Sounds to me like worthless people trying to feel superior to the scary SJW womyn, when they really are just as bad.

It's really not hard to understand. Most women can't program. That's not to say that they're incapable of it; Grace Hopper and Ada Lovelace were brilliant. The problem is that good programmers are the types of people that spend all day on a computer. Very few women are willing to do that, let alone enjoy it.

So you get a bunch of women that go through programmer bootcamps and get hired because of affirmative action. Then real programmers have to actually work with them, and those are people that don't give a shit if they're women or not, they just want them to do their job. But they can't do their job and that leads to stigmas like "Women can't program."

There have been people in this thread proclaiming that men can program and women cannot. When in reality, what should be being said is that the category of men and the category of women both include some people who can program.

it's nice that you're underage and all but this really isn't the place to show it

>There have been people in this thread proclaiming that men can program and women cannot.

Because it's a fact.
Why are there so few women programmers compared to men?
Nothing has barred them from buying a computer and a programming book and learning to code, it's been this way for at least 20 years, and the uptake has been clear, only men are interested in computers on a non-superficial level.

That's pretty weak for a ad hominem, sweetie. Try again!

m8 literally everyone in this thread knows it
why even try to deny it?

>W-why don't you agree with the hivemind?
>Stop thinking for yourself :'(

Wow, you sure convinced me with those hot arguments.

You aren't born understanding how to program. It takes years of hard work to become a competent programmer. The number of women that are willing to put in that amount of dedication is absurdly smaller than the amount of men.

This isn't something that anyone is preventing them from doing. If anything, programming has one of the lowest barriers to entry of any skill. All you need is a PC. All the information you need is free online. Online, nobody will even know whether they are women or not unless they draw attention to it. But there are still no women programmers. And you might say something like "That's because society doesn't push them to be programmers." Which is wrong because men aren't pushed to be programmers either. They just did what they enjoyed, even when people picked on them for being nerds.

>This isn't something that anyone is preventing them from doing.
How can you say that when in this very thread there are people saying that women have contributed nothing to society? This attitude is so pervasive in tech that people even have specific names for it.

I was referring to you being underage
which you are

women are also shit programmers but that's another issue and if you weren't an underage virgin who has never had any real experience with women outside of mary sues in movies you'd know that