youtube.com/watch?v=r7TgpGsMUjw
youtube.com/watch?v=yq_WUikPIaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck Philips.

their screwdrivers are ok i guess

>Philips
>underrated company

wut

Great quality tv's, light bulbs and headphones let's not forget their greatest contribution to some early internet memes with the Phillips CD-i

ayy lmao

i'm surprised that company that makes "samsun" refrigerators doesn't also make "phillips" washing machines

Seem to make great headphones, to my surprise. My brother just bought some SHP9500, can't wait to try them when they come in a few days.

not really

youtube.com/watch?v=gEwVUZr5xxQ

Microsoft accessories are god tier

Have a phillips tv.

Literally the worst piece of shit I have ever bought.

>PREPARING TO DELETE
>PREPARING TO MOVE
>SETTING UP YOUR ACCOUNT ;)

>all of this shit is instant on linux

And I use windows 10 as my daily driver.

You mean the company who abused the patent system to their advantage (e.g. bullying smaller companies after using their IP) and then started crying when the chinese did the same?

Also have a TV and it's the best shit I've ever had. Admittedly, half of it is due to ambilight. But fuck, their software is horseshit, higher input lag than Street Fighter 5.

I got one of the TVs on sale.

The main reason as to why I hate it is their "nettv" shit which has no supported apps and is completely abandoned.

Wish I had waited 1 more year to get the standard android tv installations.

It doesnt matter that much though. I have a chromecast and a htpc hooked up to it anyways. Still, I wouldnt recommend phillips to anyone. I've also gotten the input lag down to within 10ms which is fine for console gaming and general interaction.

I knew about the software before I bought it. I was planning to only use it while having my PC/laptop hooked up and for gaming, so it's not really affecting me either.
The picture quality is great.

But still fuck, that software sucks.

seriously thinking of dropping logitech as my go to in favour of microsoft
just a shame MS dont make a decent rehcargable wireless mouse

Do they even still exist? Here they're just a brand owned by a retailer, they slap JVC stickers on generic chink shit.

a shame that such a great company went to shit, they used to have very easily repairable electronics and very well made service manuals.

can attest this claim
have philips 7000 series smart tv, its a piece of shite that claims to have dlna, cant play shit (the list of supported formats is laughable 3xx by 2xx mpeg2 is in that list that is presented on the screen). the ambilight is good and the """500"""hz motion stuff is alright too (best ive seen on a tv actually)
you literally cant browse any modern website on it, due to it being based on an old opera 9.xx, and its slow as fuck, a raspberry pi would be faster.

its a shame, their crt monitors where bretty gud

>smart tvs are a meme and i didnt get that right away

smarttvs are fine when the software isn't developed by retards.

Android tv is pretty nice.

I like their Philips Hue lighting system.

I always thought Fujitsu were quite good untill i work with some of their guys on a dev project for a 3rd party. Holy fuck... retards.

their high end products on the 80s and 90s used to be on par with sony and akai but cheaper and less advertised. there is still some decent jvc audio equipment floating around that someone forgot to stop producing.

it's called the mx's you fucktard

fuel injection and ABS to name a few

I have a 1992 JVC hi-fi system. The majority of the internals were actually made by Sony.

Philips CrystalVision are very good but Osrams last longer (my dad never changed bulbs on his 1997 318is)

why japanese companies are so comfy

I work for them and every day it astounds me that they are still in business

Underrated in the UK.

Not talking about headlight bulbs.

Why? They make pretty much everything.

good luck servicing it

But just their business practice is so ridiculous and no one I have encountered is ever working

this and citroen
french quirky leftfield engineering is plain charming

if you're referring to the MX line from logitech then dont get me started

Both very popular in the UK. I own a Citroen.

used to look down on french cars but desu i would buy a renault these days, only a hatchback though

they're nice cars. also considerably more reliable than the public perception of it. contrary to mercedes, stuff go wrong and the car keeps working fine. 90s renault was fucking awesome

>Renault
>underrated
>top kek
Just shitty unreliable cars
Citroen is ok though

Yes. This is because they are cheap. They are popular all over due to poor people. Unfortunately :(

French car are shit and expensive.

Source : I'm french

Dirt cheap here.
Audi and Alfa are the "I've got money" meme cars.

LCD Philips are a hit or a miss. I still have one that is being used everyday about 3-4 hours and it is still ok (bought in 2006 720p 38 inches). I know one guy with Philips that didn't last more than 3 years with moderate use.

Sharp got bought out by commie backed Hon Hai for less than the candy crush company sold for, hard to believe

feels good man

alfa is a good company though. early alfas were unreliable but 90s alfas had top notch tech with gorgeous styling. in contrast to japanese competitors, alfa expected maintenance to be executed as told in the manuals, their cars didn't tolerate abuse. Extracting 150hp from a N/A 2 litre engine in the early 90s with 2 sparks per cylinder and rudimentary magneti marelli digital ecu is just fantastic

eight years later and Pioneer still have claim to the best flat panel in existnce

youtube.com/watch?v=r7TgpGsMUjw
youtube.com/watch?v=yq_WUikPIaU

They merged with Kenwood I think.

>JIS screwdriver fits better in JIS screws
Well no fucking shit. I'd hardly call that a knock to Philips head screwdrivers.

The Japanese Mercedes...

I once had a job that exclusively used Fujitsu hardware

THEY ARE SHIT
ABSOLUTE GARBAGE TIER
FUJITSU IS THE HP OF JAPAN

Fuck your Philips TVs.
The only company whose TVs I've ever had break down on me. Blown capacitors every single time