When you install linux but it has worse performance than W7

when you install linux but it has worse performance than W7.

Also I just dual boot w7 when I need to, which is almost never.

that is what happen when you install kde or gnome

this
Shitty old laptop with win7 on it is slow as hell, dual boot with no DE, just i3 + compton, smooth sailing

What are you gonna do in a few short years when win 7 is no longer supported? Its either Linux or windows 10

>linux
>shit performance

You must be doing something very wrong.

Time to upgrade, poorfag

this, i have a cheap netbook/laptop with ssd, 4 gbs ram, quadcore 1.5ghz running ubuntu with i3. i cant believe is faster than my desktop computer lol

Using Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity on my shitty laptop (NP270E) and it blazing fast, plus the fans rarely even kick in even when using IntelliJ or Matlab.

Arch + Cinnamon boots in ~3 seconds on SSD

when you lie about things on the Internet

No one cares about your text editor performance.

windows is the default OS for anything computer graphics related (games, simulations, 3D engines and software).

>but muh reverse engineered drivers

maybe it's because developers choose to optimize their work for windows than linux? This isn't a flaw with the linux, this is microsoft monopolising the entire market. Linux isn't hard to code for, it also is much more powerful than windows, but developers will still develop for windows because steam users still use windows.

>simulations
for small projects windows may be fine but for big simulations you need a cluster that will be running Linux.
Windows is the default OS for manchildren and computer illiterate, professionals use OSX and/or Linux.

>a recursive function in some data crunching server is more complex than a modern AAA game

>/v manchildren thinks complex simulations like weather forecast or financial analysis are less complex that a fucking GAME.

You fucking shills just don't quit do you? It's not like any linux user believes your bs, so Microsoft must be scared shitless people will finally try linux and never go back.

>something a single programer can do as a thesis
>more complex than something that needs hundreds of people, many times PHD in CS
>he thinks something like unity or unreal aren't miracles of software engineering, less alone something like Fox engine

>being unable to copy every file with these extensions in this folder to that folder and preserving directory structure
Windows sucks

for EACH in $(find -regex ".*\.\(png\|jpg\|avi\|mp4\)\$" | sed "s:^\.([\s\S]*)$:\1")
do
cp --parents /media/mint/Acer/Users/unswe$EACH $USB
done

when you install windows but it has no usable programs