Why does it seem that no matter what phone or your specs are...

Why does it seem that no matter what phone or your specs are, Android seems to start lagging and take forever to switch between apps or just have weird issues?

Is there a real answer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a shit os. Still better than iOS

>shitty version of Java
>coded by pajeets
>every app tries to run at startup and update all the time
I abandoned android 2 years ago and went back to a dumb flipphone. To replace the functionality of apps I have a gvoice number that I can send texts to like "weather", "calendar", etc and a script on my server sends a response

this
android is shit, get a buntu phone

Depends on what custom rom you are using, if it is not stock, switch to stock android.

Imagine building your luxurious mansion in middle of poo swamp.

Is not Android N supposed to "fix" these issues by moving away from JIT?

So you trade one inconvenience for a bigger one? Master white race right there.

I use a $40 moto e and it never lags

Nexus 6p here, got on launch day, with cm 13, never lags

Tradeoffs I guess
youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo

You mean like how M was supposed to revolutionize how Android worked by using ART?

Nothing will happen. All the performance boost you'll see is that you won't get that fucking crappy optimization screen when you reflash your ROM and clean the cache.

Oh shit, I've been memed

this, every time they optimize something in a new version they add a ton of bloat too. It'll never get better. Remember project Volta lol

You bought a 6p and put cyanogenmod on it?

lol

Had it on lg g2 til it died. Tried to stick with rooted stock on 6p, but after about 2 weeks couldn't take it. I have my reasons

Android has had an ahead-of-time compiling runtime (ART) since Lollipop. If anything, JIT is coming back in N, to be used in certain cases to cover ART's shortcomings.

>Android seems to start lagging and take forever to switch between apps or just have weird issues?

Unless I get full memory use I never experience any lagging, even with 1.2 4C and 1 GB RAM
Nice meme

What the fuck are you talking about? My 2013 Nexus 5 Is still smooth as a babies balls.

Most "projects" only add a bunch of hacks on top of the existing system. Nobody is really getting their hands dirty trying to improve the performance of the low level code. Want to reduce RAM usage? KitKat: Let's just redefine how often we kill apps and which ones are to be kept alive at all costs. Want better battery life? Doze: let's just ignore wakelocks and force the phone to sleep. Want even better battery life? Doze (N): let's just kill the phone everytime the screen is switched off.

Truth.

You bought a self updating vanilla android device, and loaded cyanogen mod. You sir, are the most autistic user there ever was.

My note 4 lags when I type using any keyboard. It even takes 3 seconds to open the recent apps menu. And camera takes at least 5 seconds to actually turn on. I wish I had never fell for the Android is great meme.

Whatever happened to Project Butter?