A good alternative to the shitty Arch Linux meme?

A good alternative to the shitty Arch Linux meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_from_laughter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gentoo

Takes too long to compile and install, as well as having to unmask packages. Fuck that shit.

Masterrace.

Antergos

CuckBSD
>Nothing works
>Cuck license
>Cuck software repo
>Cuck security to test your skiddie rootkits

Almost there...

Tried installing FreeBSD on my T420 thinkpad, DHCP setup worked during install but couldnt connect to any of the software repositories.

Said fuck it and installed Mint KDE in about 10 minutes.

>Mint KDE
>KDE
M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

Worked perfectly.

Arch is probably the most straightforward, simple barebone distribution you're gonna get recommended to install.

Personally though I'd be curious to see if there's a comparable barebone distribution in the RHEL/Debian branch. It's nice to have a distro that uses a widely supported package manager with decades of repository buildup.

Void, or Devuan.

You are aware you can install basically any distro with no packages right? Just do a net install and don't install anything. Kinda pointless though when you're just going to install the packages anyway when you reboot. This is probably why easy installers just save you the time

Slackware.

It just werks™.

Amazon Ubotnet, you fucking douche.

Just use fucking ubuntu.
Its the most supported and functional.

Unless, yer one of dem custom errding types.

I bet you carved your own toilet seat out of some obscure ass wood. Just so you can take a shit "in control".

>RHEL/Debian branch
rhel and debian are completely different.

Stop shilling that disgusting BSD crap.
It is absolute shit.

BSD is awesome.

I used to use BSD before I started using Linux

There's no reason to use Ubuntu when you have Debian, unless you like the bloatware and excess shit that Canonical adds to Ubuntu.

I know. That's why there's a slash between then.

I know a good alternative, Arch with OpenRC

Seriously SystemD is cancer.

Gentoo

>as well as having to unmask packages
Like what?

Nice.

Antergos, It's arch but without the pointless troubles, and no following a guide on youtube to install your system is not being smart

It took you an hour and a half just to get a basic desktop environment going. Why not just use Mint XFCE or something.

I was doing other things in the meantime. This is just a side project.

Installing Firefox...

OSX

I don't have an issue compiling. I use Ports of FreeBSD anyway and I like Portage more than Ports. I'm thinking about trying HardenedBSD.

Thank you for using the only OS that respects women/meth-user's rights, don't forget to donate to my patreon!!

No. Funtoo!

gentoo

May I interject for a moment. What you call cuckBSD is in fact cuckBSD/nothing werks or as I have started to call it: cuckBSD plus nothing werks

Stay with FreeBSD.
FreeBSD is awesome!

Is it? IS IT?!

Tune in next week for the answer!

Fuck that's funny. Toppest of keks

>cuck license
>lets you do anything you want with the code

>GPL
>This aint yo code, this tyron deshawn's code, and if you think you gotta stake in the code, that too bad, tyron deshawn says you gotta share it all wit his homies

Only among 4channers and snooty teenage girls is making your own things instead of being a consumer not universally admired

>Antergos, It's arch but without the pointless troubles

Fedora

>inb4 bombardment of anti arch shilling

Why is Sup Forums so anti-arch lately? I thought Sup Forums liked arch linux.

You must have been frequenting a different Sup Forums

>Sup Forums is one person

I never implied that. I just implied that Sup Forums happens to have a lot of anti-arch threads lately. Clear enough for you? If it isn't then I can try to rephrase it once more for you. I could also type out all the possible combinations of explaining this to you. Would that be enough?

You literally implied that Sup Forums is anti-arch

>Why is Sup Forums so anti-arch lately? I thought Sup Forums liked arch linux.
The part of Sup Forums that rices desktops and puts anime waifus all over their screen likes arch because arch has a wiki that holds your hand as you customize the bells and whistles.

The part if Sup Forums that works on things other than customizing their OS hates arch.

I'm the latter. Simple awesomewm with a toolbar which shows a network/wifi icon and the time is good enough for me.

>lets you do anything you want with the code
More like lets companies fuck you over by closing the source code

Yes but I never implied that "Sup Forums is one person". Please don't put words into my mouth when I didn't say or type these things at all.

while we're shitting on eachother's OSes of preference, how yall feel about alpine

Only in a VM. Same goes for Linux. They all work nicely in VM but when you run them bare metal or try to dual boot distros like Arch Linux, it fucks up completely. The MBR cannot be restored by startup repair, which shows how idiotic the installation process is.

I have tried every variation of Ubuntu, the 16.04 and Linux 4.4 have created serious problem for my wireless module that is not being detected and configured properly. When I try to manually compile and install the driver, it fails with a screen full of errors.

Fucking nonsense. Windows update takes care of all drivers automatically and if you have a driver executable installer, it does its magic in a few clicks.

Why is Linux and BSD such shit operating systems? Unix was a mistake.

you haven't moved onto UEFI yet brah?

I have disabled it from BIOS. UEFI is even worse.

Ubuntu is the best since it's the most popular therefore it's more hw compatible and has better drivers.

I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole really goes.

what's up with this Sup Forums meme where everyone makes their username jason

Ubuntu is just unnecessarily bloated.

It has nothing to do with ubuntu being popular, just to do with the fact that it's based on debian's base, which is incredibly stable and nice. Debian has been around for decades, yet it still manages to hold up nicely against all of these 'bleeding edge' distros like arch. Just goes to show how rewarding a project can be when you design it around stability, instead of trying to make it as cutting edge as possible.

installing funtoo rn pham, show me your feet

Funtoo is alright. I still like Gentoo more.

delete lib32, it's a virus.

I've never used either, Arch fanboy here, looks pretty cozy though so far

I wanted to install a *BSD based OS once, but I don't think I'm ready for a non GNU/Linux yet.

When you ask why "Sup Forums is so anti-arch lately" you're basically saying that everyone on Sup Forums is anti-arch

I've been using Arch for 3 months, and so far, it's the most stable OS I ever tried, and I never had any problems that I couldn't fix with a quick web search.
Don't believe the memes. Arch is an awesome distro.
This leads me to thinking that all the "install Gentoo" memes are not true too, so maybe one day, I'll give it a try.

>it's the most stable OS I ever tried
You haven't tried many distros then.

Don't get me wrong, I think Arch is ok but it's definetely not a very stable OS.

Yes, is it.

will it give me a feminine penis

"Stable" is a very loose term and its meaning changes between developer and end user obviously.

What I'm saying is, I [still] haven't had any problem that breaks my system completely to the point that I have to reinstall the wole thing. This has happened to me when I used Fedora, and when I used Ubuntu.

Are you seriously comparing your computer to a toilet?

Ubuntu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_from_laughter

You sick fuck!
How the fuck can a penis be femenine?
A female has no penis. So what you mean by a femenine penis, is no penis at all.

It will give you powerful customized unix-like environment with decent POSIX support.
If you want have cute young looking penis it's only in your hands.

She's gone from the community. Relax user.

Besides i'm sure every community has a couple of psycho's (though not as bad as her).

fpbp

Lots of things can be feminine without being female. Anyway a feminine penis just means that it's average/small size and cute (uncut is a bonus but not required).

What are the benefits of FreeBSD anyway?

freedom

We get it, you use Arch.

Well now you've typed "Sup Forums is one person" so it's fair game.