So, Sup Forums why aren't you using the best, just werks distro?

So, Sup Forums why aren't you using the best, just werks distro?

it's named fedora

m'lady

*tips*

this. to be really honest, as a person who loves gnome, I'm just staying away from fedore just because of its name and using the crappy ubuntu gnome.

I like it, but it doesn't just werk. Broadcom drivers are a bitch.

>Ubuntu GNOME
>Ubuntu
Wew lad

i am on the desktop.

but kinda missing the cutting edge, might move to a rolling release distro soon.

Funny enough, I do when I do use Linux. But I always have minor problems that I just use Windows.

Fun fact: comcast uses Fedora in their cable boxes.

Too lazy to switch distros again.

I'd probably try openSUSE with rolling release though. KDE looks nice

How do people still not get that DE's can be changed? Fedora offers many DE's as Fedora Spins.

Switch to rawhide.

Last machine I installed it to had a couple problems. Went back to being comfy with arch.

buildin NSA
no thanks

You're all barking up the wrong tree anyway. Fedora means that Indiana Jones hat and trillby is the pretentious epic memer hat.

but I am, user

With GNOME bullshit installed anyway.

Might as well use Arch instead.

Except it didn't 'just werk' out of the box on my T520

Every now and then when a text box is selected, the UI seizes up and I can't select anything else until I sleep and wake it

Lol, Fedora has systemd, fuck that.

Then your laptop is fucked. I'm using it on an x260 and it's flawless.

the individual fedora spins are often far less polished and contain far more bugs than the official gnome spin, a matter not made better by the fact that it's a release based distro so if you have problems that are solved on major number updates you have to wait up to 6-9 months for the next release or just fix it yourself

the primary maintainer for the kde spin left after claiming the fedora 23 kde spin was the worse kde spin they put out yet for example, the mate-compiz spin has been buggy every realise I've tried (as far back as fedora 19-20 at any rate), xfce is old and receives so little development it almost doesn't matter, the last time I tried the lxde spin (again prolly a year or two back, around fedora 20) it had several major issues (including but not limited to no polkit by default which broke even simple shit like mounting harddrives in the file manager, requiring manually installing the gnome or another polkit and starting it with lxde)

so the issue becomes using buggy spins or installing stock fedora (and dealing with bullshit like having gnome you can't remove, heavy bias towards gtk-everything) and installing another DE on top of that - which in the case of something like LXDE isn't a good solution because the shitty menu that LXDE provides will have lots of duplicate entries for both lxde software and gnome software

don't get me wrong, I use fedora and I use the kde spin, but it's far less of a 'just werks' distro than the official gnome version

rawhide has its own issues like no signed packages and not even a pretence that it's a usable recommended distro like something like arch

>Lol, Fedora has systemd, fuck that.

enjoy using literally 1 major distribution that doesn't use systemd out of the box (but fully supports it)

Fedora 23 with Gnome was quite buggy for me. Mostly with GDM and user switching.

You should try mint if you're running into errors

Wow... that's a pretty sad reason to avoid something.

Because it's shit.

fedora server with cockpit is pretty nice

you shouldn't need anything other than debian or mint

This. I respect fedora as one of the top distros but it doesnt compare to debian.

Fonts look like shit, need RPM fusion packages to try fix it.

Barely any media codecs or anything, needs RPM fusion.

No proper graphics drivers, needs RPM fusion.

Then you got RPM fusion which is a joke. It leaves you "forking" there shit and maintaining a local repo if you care about updates or not old shit. Then you read their spec files and want to die because of the poor quality.

Other than that it's good.
Perhaps they should base Fedora outside of the USA so it's not crippled by patent trolls so core devs/maintainers can keep currently restricted packages sane and up to date.