In December...

>In December, the Get Windows 10 (GWX) pop-up changed its verbiage in a way that mimicked malware: The only immediate options were to “Upgrade Now” or “Start download, upgrade later.” An offer you can’t refuse! The wording changed slightly since then, but the only way to decline the upgrade has been the same: By clicking theXbutton in the GWX pop-up’s right-hand corner and closing the window.

>The redesigned GWX pop-up now treats exiting the window as consent for the Windows 10 upgrade.

pcworld.com/article/3073457/windows/how-microsofts-nasty-new-windows-10-pop-up-tricks-you-into-upgrading.html

KEK. You can't even make this shit up. Microcucks will literally defend this

>The redesigned GWX pop-up now treats exiting the window as consent for the Windows 10 upgrade

This can't be real...

Windows 10 is literally rape. We should tell the feminists, get them to tank Microsoft

So it's not just incompetence with Microsoft... This is deliberate malice

With microshaft you always lose

haha microshaft omg epic that's almost as good as M$!

the real reason why women get less hired in tech kek

> (You)
>haha microshaft omg epic that's almost as good as M$!
huehuehuehuehue

Who is grampaw

what a shill.

Bump

what a filthy femenist, she probably supports trans having there own special bathroom

So when Microsoft decides to fuck me over Im ether switching my parents to Linux or Mac...save me from Mac which distro is good for my ageing parents with little to no knowledge about maintaining a PC? (im guessing Ubuntu)

>visit my father , install updates drivers and all around new shit on his pc.
>windows 10 update prompt pops up
fuck
>tell him to ignore it
>later he calls telling me windows 10 has installed and his resolution is 800x600
thx nvidia windows 10 geforce experience

>mfw still running silky smooth XP 9 years later
>mfw faggots fell for the Vista, 7, 8, and 10 meme

Why wouldn't you just use Linux or OSX at that point?

I installed them Xubuntu. It's a familiar and nice looking desktop that flies on old hardware.

That hits too close to home. I bought my mother a MacBook Pro so that she wouldn't have to deal with that shit. She's suffered enough :/

OpenSUSE if you like KDE.

Ubuntu if you like unity.

Don't fall for the "minimal distro" meme

because why change what still works fine?

it's a glorified Sup Forums machine at this point, and it still runs old games just fine

I dual boot XP and 7 XP is for regular every day browsing and 7 does gaming
The two systems are on separate 250gb drives.

She's right and you know it

Go on youtube and look up how to disable the popup for it, it takes like 10s to do and it works perfectly.

>
>Go on youtube and look up how to disable the popup for it, it takes like 10s to do and it works perfectly.

I told you these dumb kids will defend this

>Go on youtube and look up how to disable the popup
>youtube

>Go on youtube
remember to like and subscribe!!
next up: a 48-minute video where i show how to change the wallpaper!!1

W10 Upgrade is basically a computer literacy test.

If you're too dumb, stupid, or technology illiterate to go into Windows Update and turn off Automatic Updates, or too stupid to google a simple tool to block the upgrade, you are exactly the type of retard who can't be trusted to take care of a computer, and MS is doing you a favor by taking over your PC and forcing you to install patches and security updates that you would otherwise click "no" to for years while installing 200 malware greeting card toolbar cancers onto your PC.

Prove me wrong.

PROTIP: You can't.

KEK.
How far do wincucks need to go in their delusions to still defend this

>Prove me wrong.
You're an anime poster.
Done.

>can't prove me wrong
>defends being too stupid to use google

>W10 Upgrade is basically a computer literacy test.

I pretty much agree with this.

The people who can't disable win 10 upgrade, are probably better off with the upgrade, since it's s strictly better OS for everyone except haters on Sup Forums who need their vintage windows 7 32 bit for some obscure linux interop thing.

but why?

(You)
wew lad

There's no reason to defend it. It's literally the best thing MS has ever done with Windows. The 1% of people who absolutely have to feel like they're in complete control of their PC can circumvent it easily.

The 99% of people who would install Bonzi Buddy and like it while ignoring actual security patches are forced to install security patches and malware scanner updates, doing the entire world a favor.

>posting anime
>expects a decent answer

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>doesn't post anime
>expecting to be taken seriously on an anime website

GWX Control Panel from Ultimate Outsider Standalone version.

Disables Windows 10 upgrade icon amongst other things. Switch off regular updates as well in case Microshaft create a new 'update' to force Windows 10 on you.

>because why change what still works fine?

Because security patches. XP is EOL.

>XP is EOL.
Meanwhile the US Navy still uses it.

but they don't browse dank memes on the interwebs

can someone link the kb article on the update? or the ID of the update?

I hate that and had to revert work PC to Win 7. But Linux is still shit.

Yeah bro the other day this happened to me. Pretty pissed.

>upgraded itself

Stay on W10 kid, you're too fucking retarded to manage your own computer.

It was unattended and upgrades itself without user input or prior consent.

You reek of summer.

>upgrades itself

Fuck off summerfag.

>i'm too retarded to manage my own computer
>i'm pissed at someone else

You reek of summer. Fuck off summerfag

>literally too fucking retarded to manage his own computer settings

Why are you even on Sup Forums you brain dead moron?

You reek of summer. Fuck off summerfag. Go troll somewhere else you little cunt.

Why are you getting so mad that you're a brain dead moron? Just get a tablet since you're obviously too fucking retarded to own a computer.

You reek of summer. Fuck off summerfag. Go troll somewhere else you little cunt. I'll punch you in the junk bucko.

>WAHHHHH i set it to install updates automatically and it INSTALLED UPDATES AUTOMATICALLY

Cry more kid.

Cry me a fucking river you little shit.

Why are you getting so mad that you're a brain dead moron? Just get a tablet since you're obviously too fucking retarded to own a computer.

Get mad kid, you're too fucking retarded to own a computer. Just turn it off, you don't deserve to use it. Get a mac or some shit and let uncle Cuck hold your hand since you obviously need that when using a computer.

>You reek of summer. Fuck off summerfag. Go troll somewhere else you little cunt. I'll punch you in the junk bucko.
I'll fuck your mama buddy.

You beyond pissed. Go cry me a dam lake so i can drink it all you piss ant.

>being this mad

Admit it, you're too fucking retarded to manage your own computer. Just go reinstall W10, you're clearly too fucking retarded to be trusted managing W7 if you click ok to everything you see without reading anything.

You should take one of those "how to PC" classes for old people, you clearly need it. :^)

Just a view hours ago while I was napping windows 10 forced shutdown my computer to install but the files was mostly deleted from a program blocking it and I booted back into windows.

C U C K E D

this so much

Microsoft is sick of hearing computer illiterate fucktards whine because they downloaded the happy smiley game from the flashing ad and now there computer wont boot.

Microsoft is saving themselves and if I were in-charge of MS I wouldn't even fuck with this sneaky app, all the computers would upgrade immediately and all the normies and richard shitman followers could be angry and bitch, but at the end of the night they'd still be sucking our large software-windows-brand dick.

>
>Get mad kid, you're too fucking retarded to own a computer. Just turn it off, you don't deserve to use it. Get a mac or some shit and let uncle Cuck hold your hand since you obviously need that when using a computer.

I turned it off and it still installed W10.

>>I turned it off and it still installed W10.
There's no need to lie on the internet.

>>The redesigned GWX pop-up now treats exiting the window as consent for the Windows 10 upgrade.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

That's pure malware!

>>>The redesigned GWX pop-up now treats exiting the window as consent for the Windows 10 upgrade.
Good.

>anime website
Were you dropped as a child?

parjeets unite in full force

>this entire thread

>All files on the following drivers will be erased:
>C:
fucking piece of shit formatted my Linux drive

Bump

Can Microsoft be any more shady about this? You don't see Apple or Google pulling shit like this. Fucking Pajeets.

That's literally all we do. Active duty USN here.

Because Windows is marketed towards technologically literate and illiterate people alike. BSOD looks a lot less scary, and still gives enough info for technologically literate people to understand.

>people are trying to walk around a figurative landmine instead of uninstalling literally one KB to solve everything forever

Isn't this rape?

The male-dominated software patriarchy is trying to enforce rape culture!

That's why I blocked the update and review every update before I install them :^)

It's only a matter of time before Microsoft eliminates the user's ability to disable automatic updates. If you can't see this coming, well ...

I've seen it happen a lot since I started using Vista and 7 that automatic updates gets enabled without me ever touching the settings. I just boot my computer one day and be greeted by the "installing 3 out of 8 updates" screen.

I assume some updates reset your windows update settings.

Why is rape necessarily evil?

Because it's without the consent of the raped one..? Maybe?

Actually 3 or 4 but this

By that logic I should be able to commit suicide, yet I'm not. So clearly those in authority disagree with Sup Forums.

>By that logic I should be able to commit suicide, yet I'm not.
What stops you?

What are they going to do about it?

You're focused on he gibberish that is manmade law Ignore it. Focus strictly on natural law. You are a machine among machines, and there are many points when they simply cannot do a goddamn thing about anything.

Though don't kill yourself. Find another way.

Wincucks are still defending this. Literal lmao at your life

I believe she's saying grandpa or grandfather, but she has the spelling skills of an inbred redneck.

XP with SP2 minimal is still secure. It has a firewall and as long as you have an ultra strict firewall profile and always use a standard account, you'll be fine. Just don't install anything you can't verify as secure.

Windows 10 confirmed for PUS