>wow user you type so fast
>I bet you're faster than anyone in the whole uni
>do an online typing test
>42wpm
>do it again
>43wpm
>average typist is 58
>mfw
Fucking how am I supposed to type so fast, granted it was on some shit Dell keyboard bit still I feel so god damn inadequate.
Help me, Sup Forums, what am I supposed to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

play.typeracer.com/?rt=35v0mk8ahw2b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>58wpm is fast

the test said it was average, I'm genuinely upset

Most people who have used computers for more than 5 years can type at like 90wpm

It doesn't matter unless you're a writer or "blogger".

>tfw used to type 130wpm back when I played RuneScape Classic
>tfw now I only type maybe 50wpm
>tfw still have the habit
>of texting like this
>on skype or mobile

It matters man and I can't let this go, I've been typing for ages and being this far below the average is unacceptable to me.
Am I supposed to speed run Typing of The Dead or something? I am literally willing to invest money into improving this

My average is about 80 but i still tend to use just two fingers to type

It really doesn't dude, the only people who will care are turboautists on Texan wifesharing imageboards and 10 year olds who just started learning about WPM in their Computer Skills class.

>mfw solid 100 on typing tests every time

bow to your fucking master, neets

I use backwater typing with a few fingers and my keyboard tilted and I hit doubled yours, OP. You should improve.

>Most people who have used computers for more than 5 years and actually trained themselves to type properly can type at like 90wpm
ftfy
i always revert to just bashing with 2 or 3 fingers because its faster than trying to get gud over time when its never going to matter

You probably just spend too much time doing actual dynamic things. Chatting can get you up to speed but for the most part you'll just be repeating things you said in the first place. Coding and other such "creative" tasks force you to think on your feet essentially so you don't ever have the "buffer" running, so to speak. Instead, what you do is spend the energy that would be at your fingertips planning in your head the changes to the structure and or possible contingencies that may need to take place were something in your work process to take place. I can type fast and I work well on code but there's this part of my body that just isn't as "confident" about what I'm doing as it goes with other coders. I sat in class typing my notes out while the teacher lectured and people started to get annoyed by my typing but come time to come up with a little coding snippet that the teacher quizzed us with I was usually off the keyboard until the end of the time period because I couldn't type and think as well as the rest of the guys and they were letting me know it.

96wpm average.
highest was 105wpm.

>been using computer for 7 years
>avg WPM is 48

feels bad man

>42 wpm average
nigga i get 100 on average.

But I'll let you in on a secret. It doesn't matter how fast you type, it matters how fast you think. Who fucking cares if you can type 100 wpm if you stop every few seconds to think about what you're writing next? Honestly, I'd say it'd be a better skill to maintain around 50-60 wpm while also keeping a constant stream of thoughts. Typing at 50-60wpm and not stopping to think every few seconds to think will net you the same amount of work done in similar time to some guy who types at 100 wpm.

Believe in yourself, friend

I have that habit too for some reason, but I never knew how to type properly.

If how fast you think can be trained like how fast your type we'd all be Einsteins.

This desu senpai. Average speed for the computer savvy is around 100 WPM. 50WPM is average for your 60-yo mother or dad.

>Muh two fingers
You're just shit.

got the same habit
ultima online tho

But if you're a fast typist you can make buco bucks by entering captchas for hours

Nah, lay out 2 hands over the keyboard so you can type with 10 fingers. It's worth it.

meh

you do raise a good point

I kinda conveyed what I meant pretty poorly. I mean if your typing can is keeping up with how fast you're thinking of things to type, then you should be set. Most of the time my 100wpm can keep up with what I'm thinking, but sometimes when I'm really grasping at straws, I slow down a lot.

Now that I think about it, a lot of what I'm saying is inconsequential of your typing speed.

Take of this what you will.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Actually writing something meaningful is very different from spamming random words. When you're a fast thinker you'll still finish a job faster and better than some internet pleb with 100wpm

>10fastfingers
Doesn't prove anything kiddo

just tell me how I'm supposed to practice and train for this god damn I'll suck your dick man

Fuck off with your carpal tunnel, gramps.

Isn't it better to count symbols per minute?
Because different languages different type speeds.

Am I supposed to actually use all 5 fingers of each hand relatively frequently? I find that I tend to favor the same 2-3 fingers on each hand and ignore the rest.

You don't need other languages, because there's English.

I don't use my thumbs for typing. They're not that important to be honest, and can be pretty encumbering when trying to type fast. My pinkies don't see much action, either, but they do have their uses in pressed keys far off to the sides.

yeah i know its juts a matter of not wanting to break the flow by futzing around with trying to learn the proper way but i should do it

but it works doesn't it? i type fine

OP just here back at home, results on my the keyboard I'm used to.
Fuck

Is that shiki?

I've been using computers since ~2000, and still type with two-four fingers, depending on the next keys required.

Seems to make me think more about the nature of what I'm actually typing, whether it be some bullshit on Sup Forums, or a piece of code. Maybe I'm just deficient and can't decouple the abstract intent from the physical action, without losing all sense of flow. Don't know.

I had this problem a while ago, I thought I was hot shit, but I don't think I was ever better than 60wpm, and that was a good day. I felt good about that shit, but one day, a friend of mine showed me someone typing at 180wpm, just chillin, which lit me the fuck up. I'm currently at right about 100wpm, and you know what I did to make gainz?

I completely changed my keyboard layout, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get past my shitty habits with qwerty, so I changed to dvorak, like no bullshit, still using a qwerty keyboard touch typing like I should have been all along. I did that for about a year, got to about 95wpm, then I felt like dvorak wasn't really doing it for me so I switched again, this time to qgmlwy (carpalx), I did that in August right before starting the fall semester, and here I am at 100, the best I have ever done, and I still want to be better. I don't know if I can be happy with myself until I'm at 120, but I'm pretty sure when I get there I'll want 130, then 140, etc. I don't know if I'll ever get to 180, because that shit's insane, but I know exactly how you feel, however autistic that makes me.

when I started with the new layout I just had a picture of it, and I would just look at the picture while I tried to type shit, the main three websites that I used were 10fastfingers, typeracer, and keybr. keybr was really useful near the beginning, but I have to warn you that it was really painful for me, then I moved on to 10fastfingers, and now that I feel pretty quick I'll switch off between 10fastfingers normal test, the advanced test, and typeracer. Sometimes I'll find a quick cheap game to play once in a while just to see if it's worth practicing on, not many have stood out, but they are fun to toy with nonetheless.
let me know if you have more questions I guess, I probably know more about this than I should.

wpm is a standardized measure, a word in the word per minute calculation is 5 characters. so, "characters" would actually be two words (since its 10 characters) the only issue crops up when you have multiple strokes per character, which is the case in korean, but I think they still use the same measure (like, 5 keystrokes per word). Also. spaces count, so "also " is one full word.

scroll:red:buying rune scim 14k
>in about 1.5 seconds

Merch on old school runescape, no ge, all weapons

Like this anonOver and over and over again

mavis beacon and typeracer.com

>not just having 3 private message conversations going while questing

There's only one thing you can do...
Post the link to the test and let everyone here compete in Sup Forums's Not Last Typist Competition Smackdown

FOR THE TITLE
>OF
WORLD'S

f a s t e s t
>k
>e
>y
>b
>o
>a
>r
>d
>i
>s
>t

Bs I use 3 fingers and I'm at 90-95 wpm. Too unmotivated to learn to proper way.

Get around 95wpm, type weird as hell. Use my thumb to manage the left half of the keyboard and my first three fingers (thumb index finger and middle) to manage right. Don't ask me how the hell it came about, just got a computer when I was around 10 for my birthday and Christmas gift, guess I taught myself.

play.typeracer.com/?rt=35v0mk8ahw2b

IT BEGINS

>No Android support

holy fuck i'm consistently getting 100+ wpm
how the hell

why would you even want that..

I type faster than OP on my phone's touchscreen

How about faster than 112wpm?
:^)

I need one of my hands for something else

sure
just give me a keyboard

>epeen wpm thread
No one is hiring based on an few extra words per minute autists. No one that shit even matters.

beat this

Never really paid attention to how I type or trained it.

Typist positions are a thing for court houses and hospitals user.

Fast typing is a must.

make sure you position the hands correctly. i type at ~40wpm most of the time, but i can go as high as ~70wpm for a short time when i need to.

nvm i guess i can hit 80wpm