Hey Sup Forumsuys, i'm looking for a new distro/os to put on my ux501...

Hey Sup Forumsuys, i'm looking for a new distro/os to put on my ux501, i've had antergos for like 1/2 a year now (dualbooting with windows for school stuff) and it was fine, untill arch started to fuck itself up, it still werks there's just some stuff that don't work. I'm really loving the package manager and rolling release, updating everything at the same time is fantastic, but i find arch really unreliable so now i'm looking for a new distro.

Is there anything that's rolling release that doesen't fuck itself up? What would you recommend?

>inb4 gentoo

Is this the new desktop thread? :3

Also i'll probably try cinnamon as my de, i used gnome3 but it's kinda autistic. I also used openbox for a while on my old rig and it was fucking awesome, i just can't get it to work on a 4k display

No faggot

Yes

debian testing
its not bleeding edge like arch but its a lot more stable.

How do you install stuff on debian?

Very basic desktop op

Rate mine?

Its not mine

Oh.

Share your desktop baka :3

Also is there a gui installer for arch where you dont get all the bullshit you get with antergos? Because i'll might go with arch again

This is the only pic i have right now desu senpai

Is manjaro any good?

She's cute, though I prefer Karen.

I've never had an issue with Gentoo but I guess some people like Funtoo more.

I know Gentoo probably is a fantastic distro, if you have the time to compile everything yourself. But i don't have the time for that, maybe in a couple of years when i'm done with school.

Any update on manjaro? Is it good? And does it have the same package manager as arch?

Antergos is basically a GUI installer for Arch. There's also Architext.

> untill arch started to fuck itself up, it still werks there's just some stuff that don't work.

What exactly doesn't work anymore? If you can't answer well I'm going to assume you are a shill.

how do you get CDE?

How plz

Chromixium, Elementary OS, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu and Mint.

Debian Testing is very unsafe.
Read the docs at debian.org please.

If you want Debian as Desktop OS use Debian Stable!

Shut your trap filthy nigger!

Go with Linux Mint Debian Edition 2.
Also rolling release comfy to use and reliable. Have it running on 4 different machines since about 1 year, not a single issue.

Not OP

Any recommendations other than Mint? I've never been able to get it to boot on my main PC. I just get a frozen screen torn splash screen.

FUD, ignorant, sweaty FUD.
I used it for a couple of years without incident, same goes for arch. I messed with them both all the time too so shut up bitch.

OpenSuse is my second choice (tumbleweed for rolling release)
Have you tried to boot lmde2 or just Ubuntu based Mint?

Not him, but I tried tumbleweed a couple of times last year and holy FUCKING KERNEL PANIC. It is the only distro that has ever panicked on me, it was fucking weird.

Not trying to say it's shit, that was just my personal experience with it on my hardware and it was a damn shame because I loved it while it worked. Retreated back to Ubuntu now like a pleb.

I'll have to look into that

It's been a while since I tried, but I don't think I was using Debian based. I know I was using Cinnamon and probably Ubuntu based.

Works on my machine, but it's not nearly as stable as lmde2 or of course OpenSuse leap...

If it's panicking, no matter the hardware, it IS shit. No need to sugarcoat it.

Architect. Even a monkey can install Arch with it.

Read OP's post. It's not about installing, it's about reliability.

Hi Peter Rasmussen.

I think this is stealth bait. Unless you give us some idea what is actually going wrong.

Gentoo for real.

I guess Ubuntu based. Lmde2 is not so common. But I don't know why, it's really great.

It's decent, you should try it. And yes it uses pacman. AUR is also compatible.

It's still Arch.